Pixel 4a 5g. Open Gapps. Twrp.

mlolz93

Sep 10, 2015
Right I will start by saying, I am loving my new pixel and I will also say there is a "but" that "but" is I have now installed a custom ROM Lineage OS I also really enjoy this ROM though unlike most phones twrp is not yet supporting this device further more neither is Open Gapps meaning no WhatsApp , no pogo and many apps just won't work, I have been scratching my head on how to get past this or how long for this device to be supported, I don't want to switch to factory ROM as I'm not for google keeping constant tabs on my habits.

Any suggestions, and let's have a discussion as I am hyped about my new phone.

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
Right I will start by saying, I am loving my new pixel and I will also say there is a "but" that "but" is I have now installed a custom ROM Lineage OS I also really enjoy this ROM though unlike most phones twrp is not yet supporting this device further more neither is Open Gapps meaning no WhatsApp , no pogo and many apps just won't work, I have been scratching my head on how to get past this or how long for this device to be supported, I don't want to switch to factory ROM as I'm not for google keeping constant tabs on my habits.

Any suggestions, and let's have a discussion as I am hyped about my new phone.
First, this thread should be moved to the "Guides, news and discussion" forum.
Second, as far as I now, most apps will start and work with microG as far as it is properly setup'd. If you want Gapps, you can install a systemless Gapps via Magisk. I already wrote about... Just read the Lineage thread!

mlolz93

Sep 10, 2015
First, this thread should be moved to the "Guides, news and discussion" forum.
Second, as far as I now, most apps will start and work with microG as far as it is properly setup'd. If you want Gapps, you can install a systemless Gapps via Magisk. I already wrote about... Just read the Lineage thread!
Thank you for the heads up, I've not been much of a poster on here. I do have microG pre installed but WhatsApp isn't playing nice and I've not been able to find the systemless option I'll find the thread you speak of cheers