pixel 4a 5G

Search This thread

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
its been fine so far i installed the proton asop core and rom and runs great, you just have to redownload pixel camera from google play for the camera otherwise it looks like crud I will admit though its a little annoying not having root but atleast with custom roms theres the possibility someone will create one pre rooted then you wouldnt even need twrp

What version of the google camera do you find in the play store when you run a custom rom? The version I show is like 4.3 or something. A very very old one.

The only way I show the 8.2 is if I run stock ROM. May just be me though.

However, I don't use stock Gcam... I run a couple versions with TONS of options for customization. My Nikita's 8.1 is great. CSTARK27 is amazing (especially for astrophotography. It blows everything else out of the water!). Check them out... Stock Gcam is great, dont get me wrong. But you're missing the boat if you're not running a gcam mod!

Just search "google camera mod downloads" ----> https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

There's hundreds of versions on there by the top devs in the game.

Dec 6, 2019
What version of the google camera do you find in the play store when you run a custom rom? The version I show is like 4.3 or something. A very very old one.

However, I don't use stock Gcam... I run a couple versions with TONS of options for customization. My Nikita's 8.1 is great. CSTARK27 is amazing (especially for astrophotography. It blows everything else out of the water!). Check them out... Stock Gcam is great, dont get me wrong. But you're missing the boat if you're not running a gcam mod!

Just search "google camera mod downloads" ----> https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

As far as i know of its the latest version, 8.2.204.362396359.12

Reactions: bubbyj

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
Perfect! Thats the stock version you want!

My main gripe with it though is that you don't have a lot of control over it. you cant force astrophotography, or even turn HDR on/off.

Seriously, give a modded version a shot, (you'll have to disable the stock gcam though to install), but it'll blow you away what all is available to you! I use it professionally.. and it rivals anything I can find on the camera market.

Reactions: andrew2432

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and no response from mobile phone connected to computer
    You booted to the bootloader? If you run "fastboot devices" does it list anything?
    Not having twrp OK? I feel like without twrp I would be so uncomfortable...
    its been fine so far i installed the proton asop core and rom and runs great, you just have to redownload pixel camera from google play for the camera otherwise it looks like crud I will admit though its a little annoying not having root but atleast with custom roms theres the possibility someone will create one pre rooted then you wouldnt even need twrp
    Broke down and got a 5 :eek:
    dang return it for like 50 or more less bigger screen and same features, only thing is the 5 has a 90 hz display vs the 60 on the 4a 5g, right now though most of the main stream games dont even use 90 hz it also has a little more ram, but mine runs smooth on every gpu and cpu intensive app i have thrown at it (pubg mobile cod mobile fortnite asphalt 5 etc) but if your deal is productivity and multi tasking id stay with the 5 because of the ram

Perfect! Thats the stock version you want!

My main gripe with it though is that you don't have a lot of control over it. you cant force astrophotography, or even turn HDR on/off.

Seriously, give a modded version a shot, (you'll have to disable the stock gcam though to install), but it'll blow you away what all is available to you! I use it professionally.. and it rivals anything I can find on the camera market.