Pixel 4a creaky case issues

My Pixel 4a Is creaky?

• No creaky sounds.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Creaky near sim slot.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Creaky near rear camera and power button.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Creaky in multiple points.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Creaky sometimes.

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Spaceminer

How to fix your creak!

I actually just stopped mine from creaking. Hopefully this will help a few other people. It seems like the backs aren't securely locked in place. This is what I did.

1. Place both thumbs on the screen over the creaky spot, with your pointer fingers behind them on the back panel and pinch.

2. Apply ~1lbs (sorry EU...) of pressure and slide your thumbs slightly towards the center of the screen, while pushing up on the back panel with your pointer fingers, towards the edge of your phone. The motion is exactly like rolling a cigarette. Release slightly, and repeat this until the creak stops.

3. You'll probably notice that your phone creaks somewhere else now. Pinch the spot that used to creak with one hand. Use the other hand to pinch the edge of the screen and back panel with ~1lbs of pressure, then slowly pinch your way around the border of the phone. Also 360 the border of the back camera. You should hear small clicks as the back panel locks into place. Repeat the border pinching process and the creaks should eventually stop.

4. Enjoy your much quieter Pixel 4a!

* If you only have one hand, then bring a friend.
** If you have no friends, then use your face or a stray cat.
*** If you have no hands or friends, then I don't have a solution.

Jokes aside, if this doesn't work for you then I'd suggest exchanging your phone.

Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to fix your creak!

I actually just stopped mine from creaking. Hopefully this will help a few other people. It seems like the backs aren't securely locked in place. This is what I did.

1. Place both thumbs on the screen over the creaky spot, with your pointer fingers behind them on the back panel and pinch.

2. Apply ~1lbs (sorry EU...) of pressure and slide your thumbs slightly towards the center of the screen, while pushing up on the back panel with your pointer fingers, towards the edge of your phone. The motion is exactly like rolling a cigarette. Release slightly, and repeat this until the creak stops.

3. You'll probably notice that your phone creaks somewhere else now. Pinch the spot that used to creak with one hand. Use the other hand to pinch the edge of the screen and back panel with ~1lbs of pressure, then slowly pinch your way around the border of the phone. Also 360 the border of the back camera. You should hear small clicks as the back panel locks into place. Repeat the border pinching process and the creaks should eventually stop.

4. Enjoy your much quieter Pixel 4a!

* If you only have one hand, then bring a friend.
    ** If you have no friends, then use your face or a stray cat.
    *** If you have no hands or friends, then I don't have a solution.

Jokes aside, if this doesn't work for you then I'd suggest exchanging your phone.