Pixel 4a; Failed to write to partition Not Found (stuck in TWRP, cannot factory reset)

Search This thread

Henneranek

Jun 19, 2022
I have a new Pixel 4a, Android 12. I want to use lineage 19.1. I try already several days to flash TWRP, sunfish_twrp3.6.1-11 or sunfish_twrp11-test3. No success. Finally I write fastboot flash boot_a_twrp.img instead of fastboot boot twrp.img. It ended up with the screen of teamwin, hanging there. Now the pixel is not booting to android any more but each time to the incomplete teamwin screen. So I tried to flash the newest factory image. No success : "writing 'boot' failed (remote: Failed to write to partition Not Found)

I need help urgently. Thanks!

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
I have a new Pixel 4a, Android 12. I want to use lineage 19.1. I try already several days to flash TWRP, sunfish_twrp3.6.1-11 or sunfish_twrp11-test3. No success. Finally I write fastboot flash boot_a_twrp.img instead of fastboot boot twrp.img. It ended up with the screen of teamwin, hanging there. Now the pixel is not booting to android any more but each time to the incomplete teamwin screen. So I tried to flash the newest factory image. No success : "writing 'boot' failed (remote: Failed to write to partition Not Found)

I need help urgently. Thanks!
I don't think you're providing enough info. "I tried to flash the newest factory image" doesn't tell useful people what you did. I'm not useful, anyway.

I wouldn't use TWRP on the 4a. I'm using LOS recovery. You can follow the instructions (read the whole thing first) here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sunfish/install
That should allow you to do a clean install of LOS19.

Henneranek

Jun 19, 2022
Thank you for giving advice. I followed exactly your recommended web-site (Install LineageOS on sunfish, Temporarily booting a custom recovery using fastboot). From what I understand the first step is to install a recovery which in my case was sunfish_twrp3.6.1-11.img . I did not work. I also tried an older twrp.img. "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" did not work. I read and read, learned about 2 slots, without a deep understanding. Then I tried " fastboot flash boot_a_twrp.img". It seemed to work. But when I reboot into recovery it is stuck at the screen of teamwin (see attachment).
I thought to give up and do a factory reset. But there I got this: Failed to write to partition Not Found. What can I do now? Is there a way to do a factory reset to slot_b ?
If you try to help me please remember that I don't have enough knowledge to understand abbreviations.

Attachments

• teamwinjpg.jpg
    teamwinjpg.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
Thank you for giving advice. I followed exactly your recommended web-site (Install LineageOS on sunfish, Temporarily booting a custom recovery using fastboot). From what I understand the first step is to install a recovery which in my case was sunfish_twrp3.6.1-11.img . I did not work. I also tried an older twrp.img. "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" did not work. I read and read, learned about 2 slots, without a deep understanding. Then I tried " fastboot flash boot_a_twrp.img". It seemed to work. But when I reboot into recovery it is stuck at the screen of teamwin (see attachment).
I thought to give up and do a factory reset. But there I got this: Failed to write to partition Not Found. What can I do now? Is there a way to do a factory reset to slot_b ?
If you try to help me please remember that I don't have enough knowledge to understand abbreviations.

if it goes into bootloader head over to the android flash tool and give that a try,,https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/flash

Reactions: Henneranek

Henneranek

Jun 19, 2022
To hammered58 Thank you for this suggestion reg. android flash tool. This seems very complicated and I don' t understand some terms. I am a NOOB.
In my Pixel 4a the slot a is somehow obstructed. Can't I use slot b to do a factory reset?

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
To hammered58 Thank you for this suggestion reg. android flash tool. This seems very complicated and I don' t understand some terms. I am a NOOB.
In my Pixel 4a the slot a is somehow obstructed. Can't I use slot b to do a factory reset?
Its not complicated at all,, just put you phone in fastboot, which I know you have done before , go here (https://flash.android.com) and follow the on screen prompts, select any factory image and start.

Reactions: Henneranek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if it goes into bootloader head over to the android flash tool and give that a try,,https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/flash
    Its not complicated at all,, just put you phone in fastboot, which I know you have done before , go here (https://flash.android.com) and follow the on screen prompts, select any factory image and start.
    Dear hammered58, I am so thankful to you! Thank you for encouraging me to use the Android Flash Tool. I was skeptical. To undo the pop-up blocker in Chrome was complicated for me. After some failures because I was not patient enough I finally succeeded.