Pixel 4a Lineage OS or GrapheneOS build

spiroberlin

Sep 1, 2020
From Grapheneos site: Support for the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL is currently less mature, but those along with the Pixel 4a (once it's supported) will become the recommended devices due to longer support and incremental security improvements for the device support code and firmware.

damionhh

Mar 2, 2020
any news on lineage for pixel 4a?

ok so its been a few months. there are plenty of articles talking about lineage support for EVERY google device except for the pixel 4a. i keep checking lineage website but nothing. anyone heard anything? @razorloves? it seems strange.

UnkemptObscenity

Oct 19, 2020
Place
CalyxOS is available. It is very similar to GrapheneOS in that it doesn't include GApps and you can relock the bootloader. One big difference is you can choose to install MicoG during install.

I've been using it since I got my 4a a couple of weeks ago and it has been a better experience than Lineage OS on my One plus 5

damionhh

Mar 2, 2020
CalyxOS?

CalyxOS is available. It is very similar to GrapheneOS in that it doesn't include GApps and you can relock the bootloader. One big difference is you can choose to install MicoG during install.

I've been using it since I got my 4a a couple of weeks ago and it has been a better experience than Lineage OS on my One plus 5
i thought i have been paying attention but i hadnt heard of Calyx or Graphene until this thread and a few others like it. im not married to lineage but i liked their leaving out a lot of google code. is it possible to do an alternate micro install just of play store functionality like in Lineage in the Calyx firmware? why arent Graphene and Calyx mentioned in the images and firmwares part of the XDA pixel 4a thread?

switcher

May 30, 2007
Puddingtown
Since dirty Unicorns will no longer be available for the 4a and I would like to try Android 11, I wonder whether the current Calyxos is on Android 11 or is it still A10 ?

If so, can someone write a comprehensive guide on how to install CalyxOS on the 4a? I can't get along with the instructions on the Calyxos website