• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 4a stuck in fastboot mode

Search This thread

ifixibrick

Jun 13, 2021
Tried to follow this guide to root my pixel 4a and completed all steps up to 3.4. My phone is now stuck in fastboot mode and I can't get into recovery mode to do a factory reset. Not sure what to do, I'm a little lost. I accidentally used this or this image for Android 10 when I think I should have used this image for Android 11.

Any help would be very appreciated.

JohnC

May 5, 2007
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a
Maybe you can use this guide:

And start on this line in "First Step" section:

Plug the phone into a usb port of your pc.

Then complete all the tasks in "Second Step" section to get your phone at least booting in android 10.

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 4a
Tried to follow this guide to root my pixel 4a and completed all steps up to 3.4. My phone is now stuck in fastboot mode and I can't get into recovery mode to do a factory reset. Not sure what to do, I'm a little lost. I accidentally used this or this image for Android 10 when I think I should have used this image for Android 11.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Run the online flash tool from bootloader screen bro. Make sure you install adb and fastboot tools.

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 4a

ifixibrick

Jun 13, 2021
reboot to recovery, press volume up + power to bring up the recovery settings, turn on sideloading

then adb sideload the factory image.
Hello. Currently stuck in fastboot mode. Using the volume buttons to select recovery mode and pressing the power button to go into it doesn't take me to recovery mode. The screen briefly goes dark before entering fastboot again. I think the phone is trying to restart but not getting past fastboot mode.

jawz101

Hello. Currently stuck in fastboot mode. Using the volume buttons to select recovery mode and pressing the power button to go into it doesn't take me to recovery mode. The screen briefly goes dark before entering fastboot again. I think the phone is trying to restart but not getting past fastboot mode.
Can you type fastboot reboot recovery and get into recovery mode? You'll see a little Android guy with a red thing if you're in there.

If that doesn't work- it almost sounds as though your recovery partition is deleted or something. You can reflash the recovery from fastboot.