• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Pixel 5 and Tmobile, don't do it.

Search This thread

JordanFromIT

Jan 3, 2018
3 days ago I received the Pixel 5 for my girlfriend. She had an old iPhone and she was interested in switching to Android. After doing so and activating service I've just come to realize that Sprint/tmobile does not support it. I've spent 3 hours tonight talking to sprints technical support about 2 issues.

1. She cannot send or receive MMS picture messages.
2. Visual voicemail does not work through the Phone, Sprint, or Tmobile apps.

After several hours of troubleshooting the guy on the phone said he was surprised I was able to get any service working at all. We all gave up at that point. My girlfriend is currently on a family plan with her parents and they are moving to Verizon next month. I want her to keep the pixel 5 but she needs to send MMS messages for work. I don't think she will want to wait a month to use her phone as it was intended, also if she does keep the phone I might have to factory reset it, reflash, and reroot the phone with the Verizon boot image provided by Google. I feel bad for her because this is her first experience with Android and it hasn't been fun for her.

Is there anyway to get MMS messages working? I've tried editing the APN settings but it's defined by the carrier and not available in the network settings(you have to dial the carrier code to view them and need a password to edit).

Any suggestions?

amaddux

May 7, 2011
3 days ago I received the Pixel 5 for my girlfriend. She had an old iPhone and she was interested in switching to Android. After doing so and activating service I've just come to realize that Sprint/tmobile does not support it. I've spent 3 hours tonight talking to sprints technical support about 2 issues.

After several hours of troubleshooting the guy on the phone said he was surprised I was able to get any service working at all. We all gave up at that point. My girlfriend is currently on a family plan with her parents and they are moving to Verizon next month. I want her to keep the pixel 5 but she needs to send MMS messages for work. I don't think she will want to wait a month to use her phone as it was intended, also if she does keep the phone I might have to factory reset it, reflash, and reroot the phone with the Verizon boot image provided by Google. I feel bad for her because this is her first experience with Android and it hasn't been fun for her.

Is there anyway to get MMS messages working? I've tried editing the APN settings but it's defined by the carrier and not available in the network settings(you have to dial the carrier code to view them and need a password to edit).

Any suggestions?

I am using my Pixel 5 just fine on T-Mobile, just plugged in my old SIM, and good to go. This might be more of an Apple thing, did she unregister her number with iMessage. Her MMS messages might be going there?

Reactions: EbolaCola

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Can't really offer much here but to say the pixel 5 works perfectly on T-Mobile. Has to be something else on your end that's not working correctly, simple advice you've likely done is check APNs, make sure they are configured properly. You can add a new apn if needed. Take a ride down to the T-Mobile store, grab a new sim just to be on the latest...R15 I believe in case somehow the sprint sim isn't playing nicely plus the R15 you'll be able to access TMobile's SA 5G if it's in your area.

Lastly, your title is BS, you're having an issue, not an issue with the pixel 5 and T-Mobile, as said, they work fine together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any suggestions?

I am using my Pixel 5 just fine on T-Mobile, just plugged in my old SIM, and good to go. This might be more of an Apple thing, did she unregister her number with iMessage. Her MMS messages might be going there?