Pixel 5 Android 12 Developer Preview 3 OTA Sideload failed at 94% and now it says "Can't find valid operating system. The device will not start."

Search This thread

k7nanjappan

• Nov 10, 2014
    I tried to install Android 12 Developer Preview 3 on my Pixel 5 via OTA Sideload but it failed at 94% with the message 'adb: failed to read command: No error' on cmd and 'Install from ADB completed with status 0' on phone.

After this when I try to boot, I get the following message: 'Can't find valid operating system. The device will not start.' (attached image)

I'm able to access the bootloader but when I tried going into recovery mode through the bootloader, it shows the same message: 'Can't find valid operating system. The device will not start.'

Seems like the recovery is corrupted as well.

Unfortunately I had not enabled OEM unlocking in the developer options before trying to install the Developer Preview, which is now not letting me unlock the bootloader.

Please help me fix the issue or help me find a way to unlock the bootloader without enabling OEM unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Pixel 5 Boot Issue.jpg
      Pixel 5 Boot Issue.jpg
      170.4 KB · Views: 32

k7nanjappan

• Nov 10, 2014
    Nothing from my side, since bootloader is locked I can't flash the system image and I can't unlock bootloader because my OEM unlock is turned off in developer settings and the Recovery and Rescue mode are also corrupted.

I contacted Google support and their only solution was to bring it in for service as my device is still under warranty.

tuffgong01

May 4, 2011
    NJ
    I'm in the same boat here with a Pixel 4a 5G. Got to 94%.
    First time I've experienced an issue while sideloading. . .
    Contacted google support and they are shipping me a refurbed replacement... disappointed, to say the least.

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
    Not sure what to make of this, it's developer preview and now beta. Issues will possibly occur and it warns you of such.