Pixel 5 Bricked

Search This thread

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
Hello all,

I did a big mistake, I wanted to go back from DP 3 to Android 11 and once I was going to do the CMD steps, I downloaded the wrong Firmware for the Pixel 5
I didnt see that mistake until I started the steps and the phone turned off and did not turn on anymore.

I know I made a big mistake, but can I do to revert this? I try to restart the phone but nothing, not via power button for 10 or 20 or 30 sec.

Please help

orb3000

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
  • Hello all,

I did a big mistake, I wanted to go back from DP 3 to Android 11 and once I was going to do the CMD steps, I downloaded the wrong Firmware for the Pixel 5
    I didnt see that mistake until I started the steps and the phone turned off and did not turn on anymore.

I know I made a big mistake, but can I do to revert this? I try to restart the phone but nothing, not via power button for 10 or 20 or 30 sec.

Please help
    No duplicated thread are permitted
    Please help us to keep the forums neat
    Thanks

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
    • So you used a firmware that was older or one that was for a different device?
    • Is the bootloader unlocked?
    • What exactly did you download?
    • Does the phone charge?
    I used the firmware of pixel 4a 5g and I wanted to go from DP3 to android 11.
    I cannot see the phone charging . I try long press in any of the buttons and different combinations and nothing. Zero signs of life

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
    Midlothian, TX
    Unfortunately i think your only option will be to send it in to google at this point.. wish you luck though maybe someone has an idea.
    Mine bricked about a month ago and Google suggested uBreakiFix. They tried to do a force flash on it but it didn't work. They ended up replacing the motherboard which fixed it, but now my proximity sensor is always on. I don't know if they can fix that or if it will require another motherboard.

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
    I have same problem, but i can go to bootloader. The problem my phone is locked bootloader and i don't have recovery mode. And when i try to flash it because of locked bootloader i can't do anything. Is there any solution for unbrick locked bootloader?

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
    I have same problem, but i can go to bootloader. The problem my phone is locked bootloader and i don't have recovery mode. And when i try to flash it because of locked bootloader i can't do anything. Is there any solution for unbrick locked bootloader?
    Did you use any special way to even turn on the phone or reach the bootloader?

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
    Did you use any special way to even turn on the phone or reach the bootloader?
    I did everything, unfortunately my bootloader is locked and that's problem. With locked bootloader i can't do anything. I had same problems with other phones before and i could unbrick. But for pixel devices i can't find some tool to unbrick.

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_133952.jpg
      IMG_20210515_133952.jpg
      4 MB · Views: 62
    • IMG_20210515_134004.jpg
      IMG_20210515_134004.jpg
      4.2 MB · Views: 58

speo

Nov 30, 2019
    I have the same issue like p_a_r_s_a7 with my Pixel 5.
    Only fastboot mode: can't find valid operating system

After flashing the 'right' OTA image for Android 12 DP3 the device cannot be restored anymore.
    The image was successfully flashed by 'adb sideload' as recommended.

Seems that a locked bootloader is not 100% save from 'flashed to death'
    600 EURO paperwight.

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
    I had this same issue on my 4a 5g and after many hours I managed to fix it. I don't recall exactly but I went through every option of flashing stock via fastboot and android flash tool it eventually worked this was 2 months ago
    But you could reach fastboot right?

speo

Nov 30, 2019
    I had this same issue on my 4a 5g and after many hours I managed to fix it. I don't recall exactly but I went through every option of flashing stock via fastboot and android flash tool it eventually worked this was 2 months ago
    Android flash tool immediately detect the locked bootloader and stopped without flashing.
    I've tried to check/uncheck every option but no luck. I've used Windows 10.

Did you used the common USB driver requested by Android flash tool ?
    Anything else that could be special, eg Linux environment ( what distro, version .. )
    Any detail could help..

Cj719

Android flash tool immediately detect the locked bootloader and stopped without flashing.
    I've tried to check/uncheck every option but no luck. I've used Windows 10.

Did you used the common USB driver requested by Android flash tool ?
    Anything else that could be special, eg Linux environment ( what distro, version .. )
    Any detail could help..
    Windows 10 laptop, adb minimal drivers, made sure device was detected, attempted through fastboot and android flash tool, that's the only things I remember my apologies.

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
    I have the same issue like p_a_r_s_a7 with my Pixel 5.
    Only fastboot mode: can't find valid operating system

After flashing the 'right' OTA image for Android 12 DP3 the device cannot be restored anymore.
    The image was successfully flashed by 'adb sideload' as recommended.

Seems that a locked bootloader is not 100% save from 'flashed to death'
    600 EURO paperwight.
    I send back to Google, i couldn't fix it

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone