• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 5 call blocking?

Search This thread

Pixel5xD

Jul 19, 2021
Hello is it possible to block incoming calls unless in my contact list. I have tried the do not disturb function and it still shows the number who called in my call log. Is there a way to block it so it just doesn't ring or go to voicemail or show in my call log. Spam calls getting annoying now thanks in advance

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
@Pixel5xD Sounds much like the old Call/Message block that I recall when I was using the SG3/SG4.

May need to try a 3rd party application to achieve this on Pixel, but I can't say for sure::

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
I know this is a few months old, but I've been using Calls Blacklist Pro and it does exactly what you're asking. I needed something like the old CM dialer that blocked anything not in my contacts list. I've tried just about everything out there and this is the only one that really works for me.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I know this is a few months old, but I've been using Calls Blacklist Pro and it does exactly what you're asking. I needed something like the old CM dialer that blocked anything not in my contacts list. I've tried just about everything out there and this is the only one that really works for me.

The app hasn't been updated in 2 years and spammers have found a way around it. I've found I don't get as many with the native Google dialer block but I still get some. The good thing is I now have a brand new warranty for my car that I sold 3 years ago. In the description is says you can block any number after they call. That is pointless since you will never get a repeat caller, they just move to the next number on their list. The new government protocol is useless too, they've gotten around that as well. I do wish they would have a global block like (area code)+first 3 digits of your phone number. Nonetheless, I'm down to about one or two a day from 10 previously.

Reactions: andybones

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
The app hasn't been updated in 2 years and spammers have found a way around it. I've found I don't get as many with the native Google dialer block but I still get some. The good thing is I now have a brand new warranty for my car that I sold 3 years ago. In the description is says you can block any number after they call. That is pointless since you will never get a repeat caller, they just move to the next number on their list. The new government protocol is useless too, they've gotten around that as well. I do wish they would have a global block like (area code)+first 3 digits of your phone number. Nonetheless, I'm down to about one or two a day from 10 previously.
I'm still using the app and I have never gotten a spam call because I block everything that isn't on my contacts list. That was the point of the thread. He was looking for something that blocked everything but the contacts.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I'm still using the app and I have never gotten a spam call because I block everything that isn't on my contacts list. That was the point of the thread. He was looking for something that blocked everything but the contacts.
I get that. But look at the reviews saying it doesn't work any longer. Non contact calls still getting through. They need to update the app I believe.
edit: does the native spam blocker in the dialer not work with contacts only? I do wish there was an option that spam gets a "this is not a working number" message instead of ringing silently or screening. I also think a global block like (620) - 345* would be a good thing since many calls are spoofed from my area code + my first 3 numbers.

Lastly to the OP @Pixel5xD How do you handle calls from businesses or medical offices not on your contact list? If those get blocked and don't even screen you must miss a lot of appointments.

Last edited:
In the Phone app, go to Settings > Spam and Call Screen > Call Screen. Enable "automatically screen" or "Silently decline" for spam, possibly faked numbers, first time callers, and private/hidden. The only calls that should come through are your contacts or numbers that have called before. When the Assistant is screening a call, remember to use the "Block/Report Spam" option on numbers you don't want to get repeat calls from.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.