Pixel 5 hate thread

Search This thread

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7
I saw this earlier today. Being on the OP7Pro and multiple OneOlus decides before that, I am still going for Pixel 5.

I appreciate it's a personal choice but this is one of hardware Vs software. XDA have done their write up and you can see that app opening times for the Pixel 5 in multiple scenarios with 765G is faster than the 865 based Samsung S20. Raw horse power isn't everything. Similarly the phone is able to hold 90hz screen refresh rate much more consistently as well.

The other part of the story is whether you want a phone for 1 year or longer. Being on OP7Pro after the OP8 series came out, even on OnePlus who are considered to be really good with their update speed etc, you realise how quickly you fall to second class citizen. Android 11 isn't coming to OP7Pro until next year. The OP8T will fall to second class citizen in 6 to 7 months when the OP9 series is launched. Updates will slow down and it will be considered old
765g is faster than 865??...on app opening...?..
Where you've found this test .. you have a link?

android_fury

Dec 24, 2014
When I first opened the box I was disappointed with the size. I'm coming from a Nexus 6, which dwarfs it, so it was a fair shock to my system. But the longer I have it, the more I like it.

I think they got the size just right.

I'm strongly considering buying it specifically because of the size. I'm not happy with the $700 bill, lack of expandable storage and less powerful CPU, but everything else seems to be exactly what I want. I just hope Google doesn't f*** up the hardware.

rav101

That review, I'm assuming it's using the S20 result at launch. There's been quite a few updates which has made the S20 faster and smoother than launch. So I do somewhat find it an unfair comparison. But still the Pixel does a great job.

Is there any way to validate this? Can we ask the writer or compare to a precious article in terms of app launch times (I don't think I've seen that metric used on precious XDA articles I must admit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using XDA Labs

A few things I'm not liking so far.. Coming from Mate 20 Pro..
Main issue.. Wifi calling doesn't stay on.. wtf? Signal is rubbish where I live.. Wifi calling decides to come on at some indeterminate signal level. I can be on 0 bars and Wifi calling still doesn't come on.. Makes it pretty useless as an actual phone for me!
Can't change keypad tone volume
Can't change/disable the LOUD NFC scan sound
Screen feels plasticy
Notifications settings are all over the place and confusing..

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
Google is blemishing 1st amendment rights

No hate here. People don't realize it's a different Pixel experience. Different strokes for different folks though. I always seem to come back to a Pixel.

Canceling P5 today... im big on my rights and my right to learn what others have to share whether its disinformation or not TIME will tell (me) not Goolge. Thanks but no thanks i can not support the abolition of our first amendment to the US Constitution. "Hey Google", order cancelled. loved the p1 but times are getting weird and im not sponsoring cen·sorship.
Bye not buy.

Last edited:

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Canceling P5 today... im big on my rights and my right to learn what others have to share whether its disinformation or not TIME will tell (me) not Goolge. Thanks but no thanks i can not support the abolition of our first amendment to the US Constitution. "Hey Google", order cancelled. loved the p1 but times are getting weird and im not sponsoring cen·sorship.
Bye not buy.
Blah blah

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I hate that it has 5G, a useless, dangerous technology.

and yet we've been using 2.4GHz in our homes for years, the exact same frequency we using in a microwave oven.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

The oneplus 8t has a snapdragon 865 and ufs 3.1 storage and costs 600 eur, even less than the 613 eur is asking for the pixel :confused:

I came to the Pixel 5 from a 1+ 7t, once i got over the shock of the smaller screen i soon got used to it and the 7t now feels way too big, heavy, unwieldy and unbalanced in my hand. Clearly the SD 855+ is faster than the SD 765G and yes the 7t also had faster storage but you simply cannot tell using the Pixel 5, it just doesn't any feel slower at all in everyday use. The main issue i had with the 7t was a long standing camera issue that 1+ simply never bothered to address, lots and lots and lots of blurry images when using the ultra wide lens, after a year of that I'd had enough, on a 128GB phone taking up 30GB for the system partition was laughable as well.

For me the extra cash / lower specs was worth it for the camera and the support.

AJAY_D24

Jul 1, 2012
Birmingham
Replying for maybe an Android 11 hate thread.

Hate how spotify song infro not showing in car bluetooth. And option to skip or restart song from steering wheel not working.

Hate how we are forced to have the media player combined with the notifications. Before you could just pause spotify and swipe away and it would kill the app completely.

Hate the glitch of gmaps "exit navigation" button/notification permanently appearing even after journeys finished.

Hate how holding power button doesn't give option to screenshot, only the recent app button gives this option. When you press the recent button sometimes the borders automatically appear and would get captured in the screenshot.

Hate how recent apps button doesn't bring up suggested apps.

Miss my pixel 2 and android 10, why did I upgrade.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
I'm certainly disappointed by some things. No more Active Edge. Flip To Shh will basically be unusable. The hole punch.

But the battery and pure Google software experience won me over.

pcloadletter1

Jan 4, 2013
and yet we've been using 2.4GHz in our homes for years, the exact same frequency we using in a microwave oven.

When was the last time you put your head in a microwave? It's shielded for a reason.

5G mmw will not penetrate a wall at current power levels, which makes it basically useless. To make it work, they would have to increase the power to dangerous levels.

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Even though I pre-ordered and this is not strictly "hate" per-se. I wish the screen was 6.2" to 6.5" with a 4500 mAh+ battery. Part of me feels the 4080 mAh battery now is not going to give it any better battery life than my 3a XL.

@TokedUp

Samsung promised previously that all phones from the Samsung S10 and beyond is getting 3 years of OS updates and security updates. So the S20 FE should be getting well Android 11, 12, 13, and patches. I also can't stand other UIs other than stock or near-stock. My least favorite was not OneUI but rather Huawei's EMUI.

LOL, one of the reasons why I ordered it. At 6.2" it would be iffy, at 6.5" it would be a big no. Too many phones are going larger, it's nice to se one this size.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEwOAs2Kto

Basically, science says it shouldn't be dangerous to your health, but fake science seems to get more views and people buying into it everyday. It's non-ionizing radiation. Also, the frequencies 5G tech uses has been used by many other devices over the last 30 years.

Some tech/devices that have been using 5 GHz...radar dishes, cordless phones (like the ones you used to use at home), WiFi, etc.
    I've had this phone for about 2 weeks and here's what I got for ya.

The fingerprint scanner is garbo, like I have to use my pattern 80% of the time bad until I enrolled 2 fingerprints, now it's maybe 60% but I think that's pretty generous. Coming from an op7p the inscreen fp was waay more accurate, might be a hardware fault on my phone but I feel like there's no point in using it most of the time.

Another thing is doing anything with a file manager takes ages, I think this is where sd765 shows its true colors because I can't remember having a phone that was this slow.

Frame drops are fairly common when scrolling or switching apps, and battery life is about the same as my op7p.

Lastly transferring from the onboard storage to the pc is unuseable, but I haven't tried since I updated ex. moving a folder that's larger then 3gb with quite a few files took over an hour to "calculate time to move" before I gave up.

Overall I give the phone a 5/10 but I feel like maybe I'm being a bit nice. I do like the size and the screen is great, im a big fan of the sage color. I like stock android, and the camera is far better than the op, I just feel there's a ton of shortcomings. Maybe I got a particularly bad example though?
    I wish it had the 865 and Wifi 6. Other than that, I'm super stoked. Waiting for my pre-order :)
    The only reason we're here is monthly updates and the next gen software. Oh, and the camera.