Pixel 5 on Verizon help with warranty

Search This thread

AaronGavin

Oct 4, 2016
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I bought a Pixel 5 from Verizon Late November and got it in December and I'm already having battery health issues and charge port issues (which I don't understand I mainly wirelessly charge my phone and only use the cord if I need to top up within a day which is happening more often after only two months of use) and I'm wondering if it would be better to go through Verizon's protection plan to get a replacement or if I should use the manufacturer warranty to get one I never tried the protection plan and I'm new to Verizon and I just hoping that someone has experience with both and give me some advice, thank you

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Connection problems if the cord moves slightly it no longer charges and it does this on multiple chargers, and the battery barley lasts me a 10 hour shift to be fair I live in Montana and the extreme cold could hurt the battery longevity, the typical temp highs we see are 6°f
Try getting a replacement from Verizon. Tell them your charge port is not working properly. They should send you a replacement under warranty, no charge and overnight it.

As for battery issues there are a few battery threads around. Most of them recommend you install BBS and monitor activity through that first. That will tell you what's draining your battery.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Connection problems if the cord moves slightly it no longer charges and it does this on multiple chargers, and the battery barley lasts me a 10 hour shift to be fair I live in Montana and the extreme cold could hurt the battery longevity, the typical temp highs we see are 6°f
Your charging port probably has lint and/or other debris in it. Get something really thin like the dull end of a sewing needle and try digging it out.
If you plug your cord into the port, and the cord isn't fully seated and can be wiggled around, you have debris in it.

AaronGavin

Oct 4, 2016
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What are your charge port issues?

What are your charge port issues?
Try getting a replacement from Verizon. Tell them your charge port is not working properly. They should send you a replacement under warranty, no charge and overnight it.

As for battery issues there are a few battery threads around. Most of them recommend you install BBS and monitor activity through that first. That will tell you what's draining your battery.
Update, got the Warranty replacement sent boy Verizon does not make that easy

Reactions: xunholyx

AaronGavin

Oct 4, 2016
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I truly prefer using Google, the Advanced RMA makes it easier but Verizon will do what you tell them - it's best to be aggressive
Funny story, I started the warranty replacement through them and they texted me a order number, said I would receive a email confirmation never did, And idk if it shipped or not yet everytime I try to inquire about it through their text chat service they try to sell me stuff with my plan and sometimes they can't even check the order for me ands it's been beyond 5 days I wouldn't be so weird about it if the email had sent and I knew an email would go out when the tracking number posted, as there's a ton of people who steal packages in my neighborhood it's just been frustrating I might try to go through Google if I waited this whole time and they never sent it out

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
Funny story, I started the warranty replacement through them and they texted me a order number, said I would receive a email confirmation never did, And idk if it shipped or not yet everytime I try to inquire about it through their text chat service they try to sell me stuff with my plan and sometimes they can't even check the order for me ands it's been beyond 5 days I wouldn't be so weird about it if the email had sent and I knew an email would go out when the tracking number posted, as there's a ton of people who steal packages in my neighborhood it's just been frustrating I might try to go through Google if I waited this whole time and they never sent it out

Go ahead and be proactive. Tell them you NEED to know if it was sent and why you dqdn get an email

Last thing you want is them to get a notification it was delivered and you don't receive it. At least they'll know now

AaronGavin

Oct 4, 2016
Tampa
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Go ahead and be proactive. Tell them you NEED to know if it was sent and why you dqdn get an email

Last thing you want is them to get a notification it was delivered and you don't receive it. At least they'll know now
Well Verizon told me they would charge me $300 if they received the device back and it had charger port issues they would say it's a damaged device so I had to go through Google to get a replacement

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well Verizon told me they would charge me $300 if they received the device back and it had charger port issues they would say it's a damaged device so I had to go through Google to get a replacement
Once again, clean out your port. If you plug the charging cable into it, and you can wiggle the cable around and it's not seated solidly, you have debris in it. Use the dull end of a needle, a plastic floss pick, or a flat tooth pic might work too.

This exact thing happened to me when I first got my HTC 10. I took it in to a carrier that wasn't mine (mine didn't have the HTC 10 available) and he told me it was debris. I dug in there with the dull end of a needle a bit and nothing came out at first. Then I dug in there hard. Pushing my cable in trying to get my phone to charge had packed it down in the bottom. I dug hard and stuff started coming out. That fixed it though. Since then, I either use a can of compressed air or blow hard into it with my mouth to make sure it's clear before I plug my phones in.

Top Liked Posts