• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 6 / 6 Pro Live Wallpapers (Android 11+)

Search This thread

localbus

Jul 13, 2007
//swipe back method....
//not working.. happens too fast to swipe back..

is working now

Last edited:

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Okay guys look this is much easier than it seems. Use ADB to delete pixel live wallpapers, pixel themes, the stock live wallpapers that came with your device... For example on my 4A5G it was "bramble live pre-built 20a" or something like that. Download app manager from the Play store. Download this zip that the OP attached and just click on it and app manager will install everything for you. Then go in your file manager and reinstall pixel themes, force stop and clear the cache on styles and wallpapers and everything will work properly. Nothing needs to be enabled via ADB whether you're rooted or not

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Just make sure that after you've uninstalled these packages via ADB, that they're actually gone because many times if you've updated them, you have to go into your apps manually and click on uninstall updates before the app is fully deleted.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
For reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-082942_Root_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20211021-082942_Root_Explorer.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_20211021-082919_Root_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20211021-082919_Root_Explorer.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_20211021-083103_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20211021-083103_Google_Play_Store.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_20211021-083115_Styles_&_wallpapers.png
    Screenshot_20211021-083115_Styles_&_wallpapers.png
    823.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20211021-083056_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20211021-083056_Lawnchair.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 291

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Also, if you are on Android 11 and are using a different launcher, for example I'm using lawn chair. These wallpapers will change colors of different elements such as search bar color, app drawer background color etc. It's even changed my quick settings colors on Evo x. Depending on your setup there's no telling what it's going to do but it's a pretty damn cool regardless

Golemc

May 14, 2019
Okay guys look this is much easier than it seems. Use ADB to delete pixel live wallpapers, pixel themes, the stock live wallpapers that came with your device... For example on my 4A5G it was "bramble live pre-built 20a" or something like that. Download app manager from the Play store. Download this zip that the OP attached and just click on it and app manager will install everything for you. Then go in your file manager and reinstall pixel themes, force stop and clear the cache on styles and wallpapers and everything will work properly. Nothing needs to be enabled via ADB whether you're rooted or not
Thanks for you advices. My Note 20 Ultra isnt rooted and i dont want to delete the predbuild stock walls and i wouldnt know whats that does do my device (also i have no idea how to delete them using ADB). Besides i like the ports from the pixel 2 and 3 i already installed much better than the bloom LWPs. So i want to keep them rather than having those new ones.

Also on Android 11 for Samsung devices there already is a goodlock app called "Themepark", which works pretty much exactly like material you theming.

So even if those new LWPs were nice to have i wait for a working port after all.

thisislappy

Jun 13, 2019
Huawei P20
Google Pixel 3a
Fix: ADB uninstall Wallpaper & Style app.

adb shell:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.wallpaper

Might have to uninstall Google live wallpaper as well, Styles and Wallpaper are system link to Google Live Wallpaper.
(I uninstalled and reinstalled both when applying method)

adb shell:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper

Reinstall Styles and Wallpaper:

Reinstall Google Live Wallpaper:

(Follow instructions from original post using SAI.)

This method worked for me on: Pixel 3XL, Pixel 4XL, and Pixel 5. Running latest Android 12.

Hey. So I uninstalled the Wallpaper & Style app and saw that your Drive link is outdated. I found a Google Pixel 5 Wallpaper & Style .apk on the internet and am now stuck using that for now (the font in the app is different and some app functionality is missing, plus the Bloom wallpapers are not opening now). How can I get back to my original app? I really don't want to bother reinstalling the entire OS.

Pixel 3a on the latest public Android 12 build.

ngavinb

Sep 14, 2017
Hey. So I uninstalled the Wallpaper & Style app and saw that your Drive link is outdated. I found a Google Pixel 5 Wallpaper & Style .apk on the internet and am now stuck using that for now (the font in the app is different and some app functionality is missing, plus the Bloom wallpapers are not opening now). How can I get back to my original app? I really don't want to bother reinstalling the entire OS.

Pixel 3a on the latest public Android 12 build.

ngavinb

Sep 14, 2017
Just uninstall Styles and Wallpaper along with the Live Wallpaper using ADB. Reinstall whatever Styles and Wallpaper APK is the latest. And then reinstall the Live Wallpapers apk and it'll be fine.

*Note that Google doesn't consider all devices the same. Some Pixel devices will get device specific wallpapers, but you can easily find the APK for those on APK Mirror.
Think of Styles and Wallpaper as a base app. Where you can add on other APIs to that app.

Example: Pixel 5 and 5a got hole punch style Wallpapers called "Just for Fun" that other Pixel devices didn't.

thisislappy

Jun 13, 2019
Huawei P20
Google Pixel 3a
Just uninstall Styles and Wallpaper along with the Live Wallpaper using ADB. Reinstall whatever Styles and Wallpaper APK is the latest. And then reinstall the Live Wallpapers apk and it'll be fine.

*Note that Google doesn't consider all devices the same. Some Pixel devices will get device specific wallpapers, but you can easily find the APK for those on APK Mirror.
Think of Styles and Wallpaper as a base app. Where you can add on other APIs to that app.

Example: Pixel 5 and 5a got hole punch style Wallpapers called "Just for Fun" that other Pixel devices didn't.
Oh alright, thank you. How exactly would I go about reinstalling the latest Wallpaper & Style apk? Would I be able to get back the my device-specific one somehow? I did grab the Wallpaper app that was for the Pixel 5 off of apkmirror.

I'm still quite new to this, if you couldn't tell 😁

ngavinb

Sep 14, 2017
Oh alright, thank you. How exactly would I go about reinstalling the latest Wallpaper & Style apk? Would I be able to get back the my device-specific one somehow? I did grab the Wallpaper app that was for the Pixel 5 off of apkmirror.

Just search Google Wallpaper on the Google Play store.

Reactions: thisislappy

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ

You just uninstalled it it's not completely deleted from your phone. All you have to do is open a file manager app like root explorer, doesn't matter if you're not rooted. Go to system_ex and then click on it either app or priv app and finally styles and wallpaper folder, open it up click on it and reinstall it

Reactions: thisislappy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 11.

So the ultimate installing guide (thx to ngavinb and others, I can't use xda so if told how to, I'll tag the people :D ):
    Uninstall via ADB is mandatory!!!!
    Type: adb devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
    Type: adb shell: (Shell command to run ADB )
    Type: pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper
    If done correctly, you'll see: "Success"

Than install the zip file through SAI installer.
    It shall ask if u want to install Pixel Live Wallpaper app. (and NOT update it. If it asks for update than you're doing something wrong.)

After it's installed, open wallpaper&styles and you should see Bloom option, and inside that the 2 options.
    If you want to use both, than the quick go back method works, (but it's a hit or miss, so u probably have to do the uninstall/reinstall process a few times.)

So SWITCH TO mobile data NOT WIFI!!!

Select one of the two and as soon as you hit the download button, go back and tap the other variant too and hit download on it as well. If done right you have both.
    I dumped apps from Pixel 6.

Thanks me later

use this link while sharing i want to be famous :p

remove old pixel live wallpapers app

Install with SAI or adb

adb command

Code:
    adb install-multiple "base.apk" "split_config.arm64_v8a.apk" "split_bloomingbotanicals.apk" "split_brightblooms.apk"

tested on a11 and a12, pixel 2 xl and pixel 4 may not work on MIUI

download link

a better guide in comments, you can check thank all

Screenshot_20211016-024931.pngScreenshot_20211016-024928.pngScreenshot_20211016-024926.png
    Working method to get it properly on Pixel devices running Android 12.

On your computer that has ADB installed.

Use the following on command shell (CMD):

Type: ADB Devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
    Type: ADB shell: (Shell command to run ADB )

Type: pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper

If done correctly, you'll see: "Success"

Afterwhich, download SAI:

Download Pixel Live Wallpaper version: 1.7 (7802539)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BH4-MUHdpNOBfrULmtVPxNUxkSuuJFLJ/view?usp=sharing
    {Thanks trzpro}

Edit: (Trzpro original link was removed from android file host)

You'll find the file in your "System File Picker" or wherever you downloaded the file.

Allow SAI to extract and download the updated version of Pixel Live wallpaper APK and you're done.
    Got issues to enable wallpapers after installing?

Here is pre-enabled version to install with ADB or SAI.
    Installed on S21 Ultra 5G but doesn't appear in wallpapers or live wallpapers sectio

So I have to deinstall "old" livewallpaper app or is it possible to upgrade to 1.7?
    @Da Baron I wasn't able to find a working method for Galaxy devices without root.

@vergilbt you will have to uninstall the old version of Pixel Live Wallpaper. On Pixel devices without root, you'll have to use ADB to uninstall as this is a system level app on Pixel devices. Follow my instructions and it'll work.
    Help!
    After installing it isnt visible in live wallpaper section to apply.
    On a11