• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 6 / 6 Pro Live Wallpapers (Android 11+)

Search This thread

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
You just uninstalled it it's not completely deleted from your phone. All you have to do is open a file manager app like root explorer, doesn't matter if you're not rooted. Go to system_ex and then click on it either app or priv app and finally styles and wallpaper folder, open it up click on it and reinstall it
Sorry for the grammar, I'm talk texting because I'm driving

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Works on Android 11 OnePlus 6/6t

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-083056_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20211021-083056_Lawnchair.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 248

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Thanks for you advices. My Note 20 Ultra isnt rooted and i dont want to delete the predbuild stock walls and i wouldnt know whats that does do my device (also i have no idea how to delete them using ADB). Besides i like the ports from the pixel 2 and 3 i already installed much better than the bloom LWPs. So i want to keep them rather than having those new ones.

Also on Android 11 for Samsung devices there already is a goodlock app called "Themepark", which works pretty much exactly like material you theming.

So even if those new LWPs were nice to have i wait for a working port after all.
I wrote those instructions to try to help with this process for people like you because I've noticed a lot of the replies seem to be assuming people are on Android 12 and have a pixel phone already! I think people spaced out and forgot, lol. Don't worry about what will happen if you delete your pre-installed apps, it's just a precaution that helps make this install process more universal. As long as you don't delete an app directly from recovery or a file manager, you can always go back and and reinstall it. The only file manager I've ever used is Root explorer because it is the best I've come across, so I can say for sure if you use that you can just find your stock apps after you have these wallpapers installed, and reinstall them. Sometimes it will make these new live walls disappear or stop working, sometimes it won't it all depends on the phone. I think you should be fine with a Samsung, you'll just have to make sure you have Google styles and wallpaper installed but I think the major issue here for some unrooted people without custom ROMs is that the pixel themes APK may be required to choose the individual wallpapers and adjust the blur, and that's what's making this harder for some.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
I wrote those instructions to try to help with this process for people like you because I've noticed a lot of the replies seem to be assuming people are on Android 12 and have a pixel phone already! I think people spaced out and forgot, lol. Don't worry about what will happen if you delete your pre-installed apps, it's just a precaution that helps make this install process more universal. As long as you don't delete an app directly from recovery or a file manager, you can always go back and and reinstall it. The only file manager I've ever used is Root explorer because it is the best I've come across, so I can say for sure if you use that you can just find your stock apps after you have these wallpapers installed, and reinstall them. Sometimes it will make these new live walls disappear or stop working, sometimes it won't it all depends on the phone. I think you should be fine with a Samsung, you'll just have to make sure you have Google styles and wallpaper installed but I think the major issue here for some unrooted people without custom ROMs is that the pixel themes APK may be required to choose the individual wallpapers and adjust the blur, and that's what's making this harder for some.
That being said, there is a free app on the Play store called package manager, it's by SunPaulMatthews. Forgive me if I spelled that incorrectly. It also installs split APKs so you're killing two birds in one stone. If you install that app, it will show you the package name of every app installed on your phone. If you're on Android 11 there is an app called LADB which allows you to use ADB without a computer directly on your phone. You just have to go to developer options and make sure Android debugging is on, and wireless debugging is on.

In LADB, when it connects you're already in a ADB shell so you don't have to type the "ADB shell" command. Any time you want to uninstall a system app, you begin by typing "pm uninstall --user 0"

Then look in the package manager app and it will show you the app name, it will begin with com, for example com.google.chrome

You can just copy that and paste it right after the first command, so it should look like this:

pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.chrome

No capital letters or extra spaces or else you're risking an error. If you're worried about uninstalling a system app and it causing your phone to work and correctly, I would suggest installing Ice Box from the Play store. You can freeze any system app, and it works without root it just needs to be set up with ADB.

Package manager

Here is LADB https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.ladb

Ice Box
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catchingnow.icebox

And this app is great for non-rooted users. If you haven't heard of it it's called Shizuku, and once you install it and get it set up with ADB, it allows you to install and control other apps that would normally require ADB to be set up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-081917_LADB.png
    Screenshot_20211022-081917_LADB.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Hey. So I uninstalled the Wallpaper & Style app and saw that your Drive link is outdated. I found a Google Pixel 5 Wallpaper & Style .apk on the internet and am now stuck using that for now (the font in the app is different and some app functionality is missing, plus the Bloom wallpapers are not opening now). How can I get back to my original app? I really don't want to bother reinstalling the entire OS.

Pixel 3a on the latest public Android 12 build.
Go into all apps and click styles and wallpaper and look for the three dots in the top right. Click on it and hit uninstall updates

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Go into all apps and click styles and wallpaper and look for the three dots in the top right. Click on it and hit uninstall updates
If that doesn't work, download Root explorer, or just explorer, and go here: /system_ext/priv-app/WallpaperPickerGoogleRelease...click on it and install the APK. That's the one that came pre-built in your system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-083156_Root_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20211022-083156_Root_Explorer.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: thisislappy

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ

pro1001

Did you activate them via adb? I did but I'm still unable to open it.
I enabled/ activated the main pixellive wallpaper app but unable to open it still.

edit: turns out I was looking for the wrong app. instead of adb via termux and root I enabled both the wallpaper modules, then instead of pixel live wallpaper used the latest version of wallpaper application from the playstore. All is working now along with the customisastions as well

Last edited:

GalaxyNiko

Jun 16, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a problem, when i tap "adb shell" in cmd it says "error: closed". How can i solve it ? Does it requiers root ? i already annabled usb debugging.
(sorry for my english im frensh)

kibet85

Nov 15, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
Fix: ADB uninstall Wallpaper & Style app.

adb shell:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.wallpaper

Might have to uninstall Google live wallpaper as well, Styles and Wallpaper are system link to Google Live Wallpaper.
(I uninstalled and reinstalled both when applying method)

adb shell:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper

Reinstall Styles and Wallpaper:

Reinstall Google Live Wallpaper:

(Follow instructions from original post using SAI.)

This method worked for me on: Pixel 3XL, Pixel 4XL, and Pixel 5. Running latest Android 12.
was finally able to install using this method. had to download from apkmirror the styles and wallpaper app . also using Pixel_6_Live_Wallpaper_(Split_Apk)_trzpro.

one question,, when you install and finally see bloom, there are two batches of the wall paper, if you click on one batch, the other disappears. you cant be able to select it when you go to bloom wallpapers. you only see the option you selected that had the three . how do make all of the available?

Edit : Finally figured what guys meant by click download and then back. got all of them available.

Last edited:

anbinhv

Sep 27, 2009
Hanoi
Anyone with a Pixel can got these Wallpapers running (mine is Pixel 4a 5g and still can not get theme)

Baotvq

Oct 31, 2021
Working method to get it properly on Pixel devices running Android 12.

On your computer that has ADB installed.

Use the following on command shell (CMD):

Type: ADB Devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
Type: ADB shell: (Shell command to run ADB )

Type: pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper

If done correctly, you'll see: "Success"

Afterwhich, download SAI:

Download Pixel Live Wallpaper version: 1.7 (7802539)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BH4-MUHdpNOBfrULmtVPxNUxkSuuJFLJ/view?usp=sharing
{Thanks trzpro}

Edit: (Trzpro original link was removed from android file host)

You'll find the file in your "System File Picker" or wherever you downloaded the file.

Allow SAI to extract and download the updated version of Pixel Live wallpaper APK and you're done.
I succeeded this way, Thank you !
Note: After doing the above steps.
1. switch to a slower internet (mobile network...)
2. Choose 1 of 2 Bloom options click download.
3. Quick swipe back before the download is complete.(requires a slow internet connection for ease of use).
4. Quickly select the remaining Bloom, download.
You will have both options available on your device.
Good luck !.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-232911.png
    Screenshot_20211031-232911.png
    817.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20211031-234555.png
    Screenshot_20211031-234555.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20211031-234550.png
    Screenshot_20211031-234550.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

Sheerio_sakthi

Aug 6, 2020
I dumped apps from Pixel 6.

Thanks me later

use this link while sharing i want to be famous :p

remove old pixel live wallpapers app

Install with SAI or adb

adb command

Code:
adb install-multiple "base.apk" "split_config.arm64_v8a.apk" "split_bloomingbotanicals.apk" "split_brightblooms.apk"

tested on a11 and a12, pixel 2 xl and pixel 4 may not work on MIUI

download link

a better guide in comments, you can check thank all

View attachment 5434139View attachment 5434137View attachment 5434135
I tried it in my miatoll device which is runing pixel 5a Android 12 port and you guid me to get it on my device

Sheerio_sakthi

Aug 6, 2020

Type: ADB Devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BH4-MUHdpNOBfrULmtVPxNUxkSuuJFLJ/view?usp=sharing
{Thanks trzpro}

You'll find the file in your "System File Picker" or wherever you downloaded the file.

Allow SAI to extract and download the updated version of Pixel Live wallpaper APK and you're done.
I tried it in my miatoll device which is runing pixel 5a Android 12 port and you guid me to get it on my device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 11.

So the ultimate installing guide (thx to ngavinb and others, I can't use xda so if told how to, I'll tag the people :D ):
    Uninstall via ADB is mandatory!!!!
    Type: adb devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
    Type: adb shell: (Shell command to run ADB )

Than install the zip file through SAI installer.
    It shall ask if u want to install Pixel Live Wallpaper app. (and NOT update it. If it asks for update than you're doing something wrong.)

After it's installed, open wallpaper&styles and you should see Bloom option, and inside that the 2 options.
    If you want to use both, than the quick go back method works, (but it's a hit or miss, so u probably have to do the uninstall/reinstall process a few times.)

So SWITCH TO mobile data NOT WIFI!!!

Select one of the two and as soon as you hit the download button, go back and tap the other variant too and hit download on it as well. If done right you have both.
    I dumped apps from Pixel 6.

Thanks me later

use this link while sharing i want to be famous :p

remove old pixel live wallpapers app

Install with SAI or adb

adb command

Code:
    adb install-multiple "base.apk" "split_config.arm64_v8a.apk" "split_bloomingbotanicals.apk" "split_brightblooms.apk"

tested on a11 and a12, pixel 2 xl and pixel 4 may not work on MIUI

download link

a better guide in comments, you can check thank all

Screenshot_20211016-024931.pngScreenshot_20211016-024928.pngScreenshot_20211016-024926.png

{Thanks trzpro}

Got issues to enable wallpapers after installing?

Here is pre-enabled version to install with ADB or SAI.
    Installed on S21 Ultra 5G but doesn't appear in wallpapers or live wallpapers sectio

So I have to deinstall "old" livewallpaper app or is it possible to upgrade to 1.7?
    @Da Baron I wasn't able to find a working method for Galaxy devices without root.

@vergilbt you will have to uninstall the old version of Pixel Live Wallpaper. On Pixel devices without root, you'll have to use ADB to uninstall as this is a system level app on Pixel devices. Follow my instructions and it'll work.
    Help!
    After installing it isnt visible in live wallpaper section to apply.
    On a11