• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 6 / 6 Pro Live Wallpapers (Android 11+)

Search This thread

iastizar

Dec 13, 2014
I wrote those instructions to try to help with this process for people like you because I've noticed a lot of the replies seem to be assuming people are on Android 12 and have a pixel phone already! I think people spaced out and forgot, lol. Don't worry about what will happen if you delete your pre-installed apps, it's just a precaution that helps make this install process more universal. As long as you don't delete an app directly from recovery or a file manager, you can always go back and and reinstall it. The only file manager I've ever used is Root explorer because it is the best I've come across, so I can say for sure if you use that you can just find your stock apps after you have these wallpapers installed, and reinstall them. Sometimes it will make these new live walls disappear or stop working, sometimes it won't it all depends on the phone. I think you should be fine with a Samsung, you'll just have to make sure you have Google styles and wallpaper installed but I think the major issue here for some unrooted people without custom ROMs is that the pixel themes APK may be required to choose the individual wallpapers and adjust the blur, and that's what's making this harder for some.
Hi i reinstalled the styles app from the explorer but i couldnt find the one for my pixel 3 and now i cant download the priginal live wallpaper. Do you know wich apk i need?
Screenshot_20211104-074639.png

DJKambium

Jun 3, 2018
IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 11.

So the ultimate installing guide (thx to ngavinb and others, I can't use xda so if told how to, I'll tag the people :D ):
Uninstall via ADB is mandatory!!!!
Type: adb devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
Type: adb shell: (Shell command to run ADB )
Type: pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.pixel.livewallpaper
If done correctly, you'll see: "Success"

Than install the zip file through SAI installer.
It shall ask if u want to install Pixel Live Wallpaper app. (and NOT update it. If it asks for update than you're doing something wrong.)

After it's installed, open wallpaper&styles and you should see Bloom option, and inside that the 2 options.
If you want to use both, than the quick go back method works, (but it's a hit or miss, so u probably have to do the uninstall/reinstall process a few times.)

So SWITCH TO mobile data NOT WIFI!!!

Select one of the two and as soon as you hit the download button, go back and tap the other variant too and hit download on it as well. If done right you have both.

Reactions: zhukov_

EngelDMT

Aug 25, 2014
Los Teques
www.wss.com.ve
I dumped apps from Pixel 6.

Thanks me later

use this link while sharing i want to be famous :p

remove old pixel live wallpapers app

Install with SAI or adb

adb command

Code:
adb install-multiple "base.apk" "split_config.arm64_v8a.apk" "split_bloomingbotanicals.apk" "split_brightblooms.apk"

tested on a11 and a12, pixel 2 xl and pixel 4 may not work on MIUI

download link

a better guide in comments, you can check thank all

View attachment 5434139View attachment 5434137View attachment 5434135
How do you get whatsapp Themed Icon?

EngelDMT

Aug 25, 2014
Los Teques
www.wss.com.ve
Last edited:

enau_kongkham

Nov 25, 2016
Apple iPhone 12
Xiaomi Poco F3
Bright blooms and blooming botanicals are working great but I can't use any of the Living Universe live wallpapers...it shows a download button...pressing that downloads the wallpaper but it doesn't get installed ...it just...does nothing.

HernandezGFX

Feb 6, 2013
I did everything, installed Styles and Wallpapers 11-7142423 beta from APKmirror. Installed the files here several times, I can't open either app (Wallpapers or Live Wallpapers).
I had Wallpapers version 10 prior to this and I could use the app now I can't open the app from Play Store or anywhere, It doesn't even show as on option when changing wallpapers.
I'm on unrooted Realme 7 Pro (Android 11)

dactylos

Mar 15, 2014
IT IS WORKING ON ANDROID 11.

So the ultimate installing guide (thx to ngavinb and others, I can't use xda so if told how to, I'll tag the people :D ):
Uninstall via ADB is mandatory!!!!
Type: adb devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
Type: adb shell: (Shell command to run ADB )

Than install the zip file through SAI installer.
It shall ask if u want to install Pixel Live Wallpaper app. (and NOT update it. If it asks for update than you're doing something wrong.)

After it's installed, open wallpaper&styles and you should see Bloom option, and inside that the 2 options.
If you want to use both, than the quick go back method works, (but it's a hit or miss, so u probably have to do the uninstall/reinstall process a few times.)

So SWITCH TO mobile data NOT WIFI!!!

Select one of the two and as soon as you hit the download button, go back and tap the other variant too and hit download on it as well. If done right you have both.
What a pain. Hopefully someone does a proper release of Google 6 live wallpapers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dumped apps from Pixel 6.

Thanks me later

use this link while sharing i want to be famous :p

remove old pixel live wallpapers app

Install with SAI or adb

adb command

Code:
    adb install-multiple "base.apk" "split_config.arm64_v8a.apk" "split_bloomingbotanicals.apk" "split_brightblooms.apk"

tested on a11 and a12, pixel 2 xl and pixel 4 may not work on MIUI

download link

a better guide in comments, you can check thank all

Screenshot_20211016-024931.pngScreenshot_20211016-024928.pngScreenshot_20211016-024926.png
    Working method to get it properly on Pixel devices running Android 12.

On your computer that has ADB installed.

Use the following on command shell (CMD):

Type: ADB Devices (Make sure your phone has ADB debugging enabled) (Developer options)
    Type: ADB shell: (Shell command to run ADB )

Afterwhich, download SAI:

Download Pixel Live Wallpaper version: 1.7 (7802539)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BH4-MUHdpNOBfrULmtVPxNUxkSuuJFLJ/view?usp=sharing
    {Thanks trzpro}

Edit: (Trzpro original link was removed from android file host)

You'll find the file in your "System File Picker" or wherever you downloaded the file.

Allow SAI to extract and download the updated version of Pixel Live wallpaper APK and you're done.
    Got issues to enable wallpapers after installing?

Here is pre-enabled version to install with ADB or SAI.
    Installed on S21 Ultra 5G but doesn't appear in wallpapers or live wallpapers sectio

So I have to deinstall "old" livewallpaper app or is it possible to upgrade to 1.7?
    @Da Baron I wasn't able to find a working method for Galaxy devices without root.

@vergilbt you will have to uninstall the old version of Pixel Live Wallpaper. On Pixel devices without root, you'll have to use ADB to uninstall as this is a system level app on Pixel devices. Follow my instructions and it'll work.
    Help!
    After installing it isnt visible in live wallpaper section to apply.
    On a11