• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Boot Loop

Search This thread

pr0xibus

Mar 29, 2012
Morning Folks.
3 Days ago (Saturday) I received my Pixel 6 (Vodafone UK), Sunday evening, the device turned itself off, only noticed in the morning when the alarm didn't go off.
I eventually received my E-Sim from Vodafone yesterday (Monday Morning), All was fine during the day until the evening. The device rebooted, after the reboot I entered my pin, and non of the apps would work, the device rebooted again. After this reboot then I would have 3-5 seconds before it would reboot again.

Went into Fastboot and WIpe/Formatted device... This did not make any difference, it would reboot at the welcome screen instead.

My questions.

Has anyone came across this before on the pixel 6?
The last phone I updated firmware was the Galaxy I5700, and I noticed ADB on the fastboot section, Is it possible to get a Vodafone UK Image for the pixel 6 and reflash it?

pr0xibus

Mar 29, 2012
The only way this could happen is that you tried to boot a modified boot.img or the system UI was changed.
I do not think you are telling us the whole story here. Missing information.

Try booting in SAFE MODE.
Afternoon

Thanks for the reply. Nope literally the above happened as is, I've no interest in a new ROM, changing any file system, or changing UI... Actually one thing I did change was changing the Icons to Themed Icons(beta mode) or something, this was within Settings, but could not tell you exactly where. Wouldn't think this would affect anything else tho.

I am unable to boot into safe mode. I have wiped the device, and the next reboot takes me to the Welcome Screen (Get your Device Ready) then a few seconds later, it reboots. The reboot afterwards might not even take me to the welcome screen and just get stuck on the Google Logo.

Anyway I've nipped to Vodafone today and the guy at the desk checked it out, going back for a warranty job, he managed to get it to boot to the main screen, but the screen was doing things by its self, and again rebooting for him. See how this goes and maybe they will find the issue.

Reactions: vandyman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only way this could happen is that you tried to boot a modified boot.img or the system UI was changed.
    I do not think you are telling us the whole story here. Missing information.

Try booting in SAFE MODE.
    Afternoon

Thanks for the reply. Nope literally the above happened as is, I've no interest in a new ROM, changing any file system, or changing UI... Actually one thing I did change was changing the Icons to Themed Icons(beta mode) or something, this was within Settings, but could not tell you exactly where. Wouldn't think this would affect anything else tho.

I am unable to boot into safe mode. I have wiped the device, and the next reboot takes me to the Welcome Screen (Get your Device Ready) then a few seconds later, it reboots. The reboot afterwards might not even take me to the welcome screen and just get stuck on the Google Logo.

Anyway I've nipped to Vodafone today and the guy at the desk checked it out, going back for a warranty job, he managed to get it to boot to the main screen, but the screen was doing things by its self, and again rebooting for him. See how this goes and maybe they will find the issue.