Question Pixel 6 Contacts Bug

Search This thread
Apr 23, 2021
ireland
Same problem for phone bought in Australia and used on Vodafone network. Now phone in Vanuatu on local Vodafone network. When i use SIM on my previous phone (Samsung) there is no problem at all. Issue is with phone software, nothing to do with carrier caller ID.
I use a Pixel 6 phone for my office and this problem is very frustrating, what is the solution for this?

Alessh77

Jul 20, 2022
I bought Pixel 6 from amazon.de and have the same problem in Slovenia (T-2 network).
I can't see any pattern for this happening ... I have contacts saved with country code and without, the number is saved as Other and Home or Mobile ..
I just called my mother and when the call ended I see "Unknown" as outgoing call ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you are on the the Emergency, Lockdown, Power Off... Etc screen, long press on Power Off. It will give you an option to reboot into Safe Mode.

Safe mode disables all of the apps you installed so you can see if it's an app causing the issue.

Just reboot again to get out of safe mode.
    Post it on Reddit r/GooglePixel sub. This can't be unique. I'm thinking carrier related but just a shot in the dark at this point.
    Hi bobby!

Already did, almost 3 weeks ago (link). Unfortunately no reply.
    Hello! We have the same problem. On my wife's phone (Pixel 6), the phone writes private number for outgoing calls. There is no problem with incoming calls. Like Gonik, I tried everything, but nothing helped. :(
    We live in Hungary and our mobile service provider is Telekom.
    Hello! We have the same problem. On my wife's phone (Pixel 6), the phone writes private number for outgoing calls. There is no problem with incoming calls. Like Gonik, I tried everything, but nothing helped. :(
    We live in Hungary and our mobile service provider is Telekom.
    I am relieved that I am not alone! At the same time, I am sorry your wife is going through the same problem.
    Hopefully Google will acknowledge it soon.
    Hi guys!
    I'm also from Hungary and had the same issue on P6. I've noticed if the contactnumber set to "mobile" or "work" the problem doesn't occur! I had some contacts where their phonenumber's type was saved as "Other" (Egyéb) and after the calls they were shown as private number in the call log. I changed them to "mobile" and now they are shown correctly. Hope that works for you as well.

By the way an ideas how the change all the numbers in Google contactlist? :)