• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 DeGoogle tips?

Search This thread

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Oh yes, I'm laughing so hard too. I've run Gapps-free since my Nexus 4, what is that, 2012/13? Yes, poor us...

I guess on the 60GB and compile time, it's ok for the committed but it's not something the average windows/mac user would jump into. I run Debian, Internet is good here but I'd still prefer someone else to do it first on their P6 and report how it went.

Last edited:

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Hopefully someone makes a Lineage 19 build, not sure if Carbonrom will ever support a Pixel device again.

Lineage is really not worth taking as a whole, since it introduces a lot of bugs and compromises tied to supporting devices that aren't supported in AOSP, however it has a very small number of helpful adjustments, which are pretty easy to pick and choose as required;

- Dialer (recording, dark theme),
- Messaging (dark theme, color-matched contacts),
- Contacts (dark theme),
- Calendar (AOSP calendar is broken).

In addition, the CAMERA application from Graphene actually allows you to zoom out fully (i.e., to zoom levels less than 1.0). The only only other camera application I'm aware of that can do that is the Gooble one. P6 and P6P require zoom levels down to 0.65 in order to enable the wide angle sensor and make full use of the video conferencing sensor.

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just finished setting up my build environment again.

Currently compiling android-12.0.0_r15 for the Pixel 6 Pro.

Be more than happy to compile it for the Pixel 6 but I do not have the device to test the build with.

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011

Be more than happy to compile it for the Pixel 6 but I do not have the device to test the build with.

Good work! If you succeed with you P6Pro build then sure, make a P6 one for us and link. I'm away for a few days but will give it a whirl when I'm back on my P6. (y)

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018

You should use r14. 15 is connected with the Verizon images.

allenjthomsen

Oh yes, I'm laughing so hard too. I've run Gapps-free since my Nexus 4, what is that, 2012/13? Yes, poor us...

I guess on the 60GB and compile time, it's ok for the committed but it's not something the average windows/mac user would jump into. I run Debian, Internet is good here but I'd still prefer someone else to do it first on their P6 and report how it went.
I am building r14 currently with gapps no issues without gapps it takes less time ,i could build a new non googled img for people if its that requested.
You should use r14. 15 is connected with the Verizon images.
This doesnt really matter as long as you use correct vendor files you can build r15 rom while using this vendor blob thats not verizon based a.k.a

Pixel 6 binaries for Android 12.0.0 (SD1A.210817.037)​

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011

Debloat/Remove Bloatware from Pixel 6/Pro Without Root​

Nice find. I'll have a read of that thanks!

I am building r14 currently with gapps no issues without gapps it takes less time ,i could build a new non googled img for people if its that requested.

This doesnt really matter as long as you use correct vendor files you can build r15 rom while using this vendor blob thats not verizon based a.k.a

Pixel 6 binaries for Android 12.0.0 (SD1A.210817.037)​

if you build it, they will come.

Reactions: Diablo2424

allenjthomsen

Screenshot from 2021-11-25 23-04-44.png

already on making a pure version of aosp.
im starting fresh source because i dont want to mix my gapps and non-gapps builds

glumpi

Nov 26, 2021
I tried to build a custom kernel for the 037 P6 version I flashed from the flash tool website. Unfortunately, as soon as I want to build my own kernel image instead of just embedding the prebuilt one I will see the Google splash for like 5secs and then it goes back into the bootloader, stating I triggered a reboot. How can I find out the reason for the reboot? Or am I wrong to assume I can build my kernel using
Bash:
BUILD_KERNEL=1 ./build_slider.sh
? I flashed the boot, dtbo, vendor_boot and then in fastbootd vendor_dlkm.

allenjthomsen

I tried to build a custom kernel for the 037 P6 version I flashed from the flash tool website. Unfortunately, as soon as I want to build my own kernel image instead of just embedding the prebuilt one I will see the Google splash for like 5secs and then it goes back into the bootloader, stating I triggered a reboot. How can I find out the reason for the reboot? Or am I wrong to assume I can build my kernel using
Bash:
BUILD_KERNEL=1 ./build_slider.sh
? I flashed the boot, dtbo, vendor_boot and then in fastbootd vendor_dlkm.
Flash stock vendor_boot and see if it boots up.

glumpi

Nov 26, 2021
Flash stock vendor_boot and see if it boots up.
No luck :/ I'm using the android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12-d1 manifest for the sources. I extracted the vendor_boot from the aosp-master-with-phones CI build branch.

The fastboot dmesg states: "[LNXDBG] combined_checksum must be 0x6f719
(bootloader) 17d but 0x7734562e
(bootloader) [ 0.429927] [E] [LNXDBG] vendor magic_number must be 0xcce
(bootloader) eddff but 0xc8eed5ff"

Last edited:

allenjthomsen

I was looking at Google images but can't find anything related with Raven build... Where did you get it from?
Vendor files i get directly from https://developers.google.com/android/drivers

Not to mention you need to also extract vendor.img to get all the required files using https://github.com/GrapheneOS/android-prepare-vendor
Because if you dont then you will be missing some required files that google does not include in the vendore blobs.

Gapps another couple of devs linked me to 3 differnt gits ,i will link you to them when i get home currently out and about

allenjthomsen

No luck :/ I'm using the android-gs-raviole-5.10-android12-d1 manifest for the sources. I extracted the vendor_boot from the aosp-master-with-phones CI build branch.

The fastboot dmesg states: "[LNXDBG] combined_checksum must be 0x6f719
(bootloader) 17d but 0x7734562e
(bootloader) [ 0.429927] [E] [LNXDBG] vendor magic_number must be 0xcce
(bootloader) eddff but 0xc8eed5ff"
I just reread what you said , its easier to just download latest r14 or r15 kernel from googlesource and then setup a build enviroment with a custom toolchain and customize it

Last edited:

glumpi

Nov 26, 2021
I just reread what you said , its easier to just download latest r14 or r15 kernel from googlesource and then setup a build enviroment with a custom toolchain and customize it
oh I thought all the folks publishing custom kernels around here just use the branch I mentioned with its prepared build environment. If Google uses it as-is on their CI shouldn't the process be the same?
I just wanted to test my kernel changes real quick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the apps I froze. I could probably freeze more but it's a good start i'd say. I didn't sign in to any google account. It's not perfect but that's temporary, patiently waiting for custom ROMs too :)
    Screenshot_20211121-120644.png
    Did some reading and there are a few guides but not sure what might be best for this new Pixel6.

Whilst I wait for the ability to use a Google-Free ROM, is there an app or script or list of apps/services to disable etc that would work i can follow?

I'm kinda wanting to have a play with this phone but don't want it updating itself or tracking me... ;)
    Screenshot from 2021-11-25 23-04-44.png

already on making a pure version of aosp.
    im starting fresh source because i dont want to mix my gapps and non-gapps builds
    I always stayed away from anything that is Chrome related.
    I use Duckduckgo as my browser.

Brave is another...
    I think that's counter intuitive. LOL You are right my friend why they don't buy something else.

You guys should reserve your comments and opinions until you actually educate yourself on the subject.]
    (Un)fortunately for us pro-security/anti-monitoring/anti-tracking people, the Nexus/Pixel phones are some of the easiest to degoogle. Now back to your Gmail, I can hear your OK Google calling.... ;)