• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 DeGoogle tips?

Search This thread

allenjthomsen

this is a gapps version that i need to swap to differnt gapps now that i fixed my bootloop issue.
i will have a non gapps version within the next day or 2 without spoofing at first , but i will add that in the next few releases along with a few foss apps if anyone wants them i wont add them until i hear back if you want them included or not.

photo_2021-11-29_23-52-50.jpg

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Sounds great.
I don't know for sure what comes with AOSP images to be frank.
Assuming the basics: Calc/Cal/Camera/Clock/Contacts/Gallery/Phone/Files.

Personally I don't care, I should be able to send some APKs to it and install.

What FOSS apps did you have in mind?

Su.pwn

Nov 18, 2021
1) My build wouldn't help you. Like I said, its for p6p, not the basic-p6 in here.
2) 15 minutes of reading is all it takes to figure out how to build it yourself. The security risk of using something built by someone you don't know doesn't justify it.
3) couldn't tell you about fingerprint sensors, biometric security isn't protected by anti-self-incrimination laws, so I would never use and recommend that nobody ever use it. You should only use knowledge-based security.
Tbh this is 🔥 advice. Kudos for being a scholar and informing people of the truth. Double points for encouraging someone to learn without spoon feeding.

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
Here are the apps I froze. I could probably freeze more but it's a good start i'd say. I didn't sign in to any google account. It's not perfect but that's temporary, patiently waiting for custom ROMs too :)
View attachment 5464255

Here are the apps I froze. I could probably freeze more but it's a good start i'd say. I didn't sign in to any google account. It's not perfect but that's temporary, patiently waiting for custom ROMs too :)
View attachment 5464255

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
View attachment 5464255
Whilst I had a P6 is used Termux & Debloater Magisk module to unistall these and more. When in the Termux I noticed some system apps were in a new location in the system and I couldn't remove them. Used Commnad prompt to remove them.

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
I think that's counter intuitive. LOL You are right my friend why they don't buy something else.

You guys should reserve your comments and opinions until you actually educate yourself on the subject.]
(Un)fortunately for us pro-security/anti-monitoring/anti-tracking people, the Nexus/Pixel phones are some of the easiest to degoogle. Now back to your Gmail, I can hear your OK Google calling.... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20211121-120644.png
    Did some reading and there are a few guides but not sure what might be best for this new Pixel6.

Whilst I wait for the ability to use a Google-Free ROM, is there an app or script or list of apps/services to disable etc that would work i can follow?

I'm kinda wanting to have a play with this phone but don't want it updating itself or tracking me... ;)
    Screenshot from 2021-11-25 23-04-44.png

already on making a pure version of aosp.
    im starting fresh source because i dont want to mix my gapps and non-gapps builds
    I always stayed away from anything that is Chrome related.
    I use Duckduckgo as my browser.

Brave is another...
    I think that's counter intuitive. LOL You are right my friend why they don't buy something else.

You guys should reserve your comments and opinions until you actually educate yourself on the subject.]
    (Un)fortunately for us pro-security/anti-monitoring/anti-tracking people, the Nexus/Pixel phones are some of the easiest to degoogle. Now back to your Gmail, I can hear your OK Google calling.... ;)