• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro [ AUSTRALIAN ] thread

Search This thread

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello everyone,

Starting a new thread for all Aussie mates. Discuss anything from suggestions, fixes, news. I will start with just mentioning.

Optus is currently offering 7 day flex prepaid plan free for 7 days and because the Pixel 6 uses E-sim facility , you can literally have two sim cards on the phone ( one physical and one e-sim ) .

Regards.

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-220914.png
    Screenshot_20211031-220914.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 45

vincenzo697

Sep 1, 2010
kozani
Anyone received the new update?? I bought my phone from JB and still waiting. I had enough with the fingerprint sensor.

nguyenson91hp

Apr 14, 2011
Hai Phong
SQ1D.211205.016.A5

Should be released soon, possibly sometime tomorrow.
I updated to A1 and things seem to be working fine. But I would want to update to A5 since the current mobile network quality is terrible compared to my Oneplus 5T, same SIMs (Optus and Telstra). Interesting that we didn't have Aus specific update before. Do you think that the process of updating A1 to A5 would be the same as from 037 to A1? I am rooted and don't want to lose data.

Reactions: Texan1

Texan1

Ah, this is interesting, I did a factory reset and updated using the A1 build yesterday, not knowing that there was going to be an A5 Australian version!

Interestingly, since updating to the A1 version, I've definitely experienced my Telstra 5G signal being noticeably worse than before updating :mad:

Looking forward to A5 now!

Last edited:
Reactions: nguyenson91hp

nguyenson91hp

Apr 14, 2011
Hai Phong
Ah, this is interesting, I did a factory reset and updated using the A1 build yesterday, not knowing that there was going to be an A5 Australian version!

Interestingly, since updating to the A1 version, I've definitely experienced my Telstra 5G signal being noticeably worse than before updating :mad:

Looking forward to A5 now!
It is available now.

mclarence

Nov 10, 2014
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I updated to A1 and things seem to be working fine. But I would want to update to A5 since the current mobile network quality is terrible compared to my Oneplus 5T, same SIMs (Optus and Telstra). Interesting that we didn't have Aus specific update before. Do you think that the process of updating A1 to A5 would be the same as from 037 to A1? I am rooted and don't want to lose data.
I just sideloaded the A5 build over A1 using the factory image (modified flash-all.bat to not wipe data and disable verity and verification) and rooted again the usual way. Went without issue.

OzBoy1

Dec 24, 2008
I just sideloaded the A5 build over A1 using the factory image (modified flash-all.bat to not wipe data and disable verity and verification) and rooted again the usual way. Went without issue.
Great, new to ADB and all things pixel coming from Note. So I have root (only after bricking and fixing lol) but wondering if you can point in the direction where I might get some detailed instructions to do what you did, I think I get it but not 100% sure and with my track record it would end in tears. TIA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great, new to ADB and all things pixel coming from Note. So I have root (only after bricking and fixing lol) but wondering if you can point in the direction where I might get some detailed instructions to do what you did, I think I get it but not 100% sure and with my track record it would end in tears. TIA.
    Sure,

1. Make a backup of your phone data just in case.
    2. Download the appropriate SQ1D.211205.016.A5 build for your pixel 6 or pixel 6 pro.
    3. Extract the zip file and open flash-all.bat
    4. Edit this line from
      Code:
      fastboot -w update image-raven-sq1d.211205.016.a5.zip
      to
      Code:
      fastboot update --disable-verity --disable-verification image-raven-sq1d.211205.016.a5.zip
      and save the file.
    5. Reboot your phone into the bootloader.
    6. Once in bootloader, plug your phone into your PC and run the flash-all.bat and wait for the process to finish.
    7. Once it boots into android, root again with magisk.
    Hello everyone,

Starting a new thread for all Aussie mates. Discuss anything from suggestions, fixes, news. I will start with just mentioning.

Optus is currently offering 7 day flex prepaid plan free for 7 days and because the Pixel 6 uses E-sim facility , you can literally have two sim cards on the phone ( one physical and one e-sim ) .

Regards.
    Google store toh $70 discount + $150 store credit offer + $130 store credit with Google One membership. Plus I wasn't expecting k ehna time lagega delivery nu.
    inne discount pake taan inna tine jahej aa .. :p