Question Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro December update PAUSED

Search This thread

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
So for the few like myself that got it pushed to my phone on MetroPCS (TMobile), what does that mean? I haven't had any dropped calls but my speeds have been slower and battery has been worse than what I remember with November patch.

bizdiddy

Dec 31, 2010
According to the post, if you aren’t experiencing issues after the update, no action is required and just rock out until the late January update. Unless you want to factory reset and revert back to the November update.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So for the few like myself that got it pushed to my phone on MetroPCS (TMobile), what does that mean? I haven't had any dropped calls but my speeds have been slower and battery has been worse than what I remember with November patch.
I doubt if it means anything. You can always flash the November image, although dirty flashing (not wiping), especially when "downgrading" can cause more issues and trouble than it's worth. Hopefully this Monday, January 3rd we'll get the regular monthly update, and if so, your current December version will be superseded anyway. Edit: I missed that the source Google article said fixes would come out in late January, so I'm now not expecting a new update until then or even the first Monday of February.

Last edited:

mofoliar

Jun 5, 2007
Paradise,CA
Im alright without the Dec. update, no issues with mine besides the AOD all of sudden does no respond. Found an an app that took care of that issue plus not notification indicator now :)

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Figures, I already factory reset last week after the December update so I wouldn't want to flash a stock November image at this point. I have some other issues with the phone like the one user posted with lines across the screen on videos but have not been able to get in contact with support. Will try to after the holidays and hope they don't give me the run around.

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I'd really like to know where the fault is. The modem or some other partition?

In November, I would drop calls in dead spots. In December I would just lose call audio and have to call that person back.

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
It's a very capable modem but no other phone on the market has it. Samsung hasn't documented any differences from the international S20 or S21. Only thing it doesn't seem to support the moment is VoNR for voice over 5G.

But I've said this previously, Samsung rewrote the modem for December. The blame likely lies with them.

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
So also on the Dec update and things seemed good until I noticed today that my Amazon apps (Music and Shopping) both appear to be crashing and complaining about either Chrome not being updated (when it IS), and/or no internet connectivity, when both 5G and/or WiFi are available and all other stuff works fine.
Not sure if this is related at all, but this only started today after I tried to install Amazon shopping, now Music and Shopping don't work right.

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
I had the same problem with Amazon apps. I was able to get them to work by disconnecting my VPN.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So also on the Dec update and things seemed good until I noticed today that my Amazon apps (Music and Shopping) both appear to be crashing and complaining about either Chrome not being updated (when it IS), and/or no internet connectivity, when both 5G and/or WiFi are available and all other stuff works fine.
Not sure if this is related at all, but this only started today after I tried to install Amazon shopping, now Music and Shopping don't work right.
Are you using ad blocking? Whitelist the following if so:

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
It's a very capable modem but no other phone on the market has it. Samsung hasn't documented any differences from the international S20 or S21. Only thing it doesn't seem to support the moment is VoNR for voice over 5G.

But I've said this previously, Samsung rewrote the modem for December. The blame likely lies with them.
Lol "capable" modem.. Ok buddy

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Lol "capable" modem.. Ok buddy
Capable as in it can combine 5G signals when most other phones can't or don't have it enabled.

I was worried earlier this year that it couldn't. I should've worried more about all these goodies and even basic call functionality being untested.

banshee28

Aug 31, 2010
Nice, thanks man! Worked perfectly. :geek:

Now I did temp disable AdAway earlier and that did not seem to fix it, maybe I did not fully restart the app then, but now its good.
Now on my previous LG V60 I used AdGuard for years and had no issues with Amazon apps, not sure why AdAway would be different?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
LOL ... "If you aren’t experiencing issues after the update, no action is required and you’re apparently very fortunate." (Google: "If you are not experiencing mobile connectivity issues, no action is required.") ... not exactly a very solid (software) engineering analysis ...

Apparently I'm one of those "very fortunate" people ... upgraded manually and I have not had any issues at all since the upgrade (4G network in Belgium). On the contrary, since upgraded, phone has been working flawlessly for me.

Hopefully we'll get a bit better explanation than just "we found and fixed the problem".

Happy end of year festivities for all of you ... stay healthy and safe !

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    now the other pixels on there jan update and we stuck with NOV to make it work

damn regret buying the pixel now all we had is problems my brother on the pro and me on the normal

think am just going to sell mines and look to buy something else had a few pixels in the past never had this much grief
    I have a really bad feeling about all of this.

my P6P has been parked in the drawer for now due to consistent cellular and data connectivity issues. reverting to the Nov 2021 (US) build hasn't helped at all. i truly hope Google can resolve the connectivity problems i'm experiencing; if not, i'll have to trade in the P6P for the next iteration Galaxy S series. :censored: