Question Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro December update PAUSED

Search This thread

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Sorry, but can you please specify what are the connectivity issues? Wifi/mobile connection reports OK, but no internet connectivity?
Here's some of the mobile connection discussions... there's some other threads out there as well:

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I can't say I'm too thrilled with the Pixel 6 Pro experience at the moment. I got the phone for the stock Android experience, fast updates, great camera, and great battery life. The camera and battery life are amazing, but many important things like reception and data reliability are worse than Note20 Ultra. At first it appeared that the update improved reception, but then I noticed in areas where it switches between 5G and 4G, I started dropping calls completely and show "No Network Connection". On the previous software, the 5G reception was worse, leaving me on 4G most of the time, so going back is not something I'd do. I like the phone a lot in other ways, but this is getting old. I'll likely switch back to the Note20 Ultra and hope it's resolved in the next update. Maybe it's because I spent the time to fully debloat and re-theme the Note20 Ultra, but I have to say I had a nearly flawless experience with it.

Is Google's software team even trying anymore?

Reactions: Batfink33

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
I'm on the Dec update. I have 5GUC where I live. My phone started dropping calls. I switched to 4GLTE and so far no more dropped calls. I think the 6pro is picking up 5G features from T-Mobile that other phones are not capable of doing. Unfortunately a T-Mobile tech told me that their network in the 5GUC department is not ready for prime time yet. I'm hoping that the January Pixel 6 update will bring more solid 5G performance.

prokiller1199

Nov 14, 2014
Johor Bahru
Any idea I can dirty flash back to Nov patch from current Dec patch without factory reset? Heard it is not advise as it may caused more problems? I have bootloader unlocked.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Any idea I can dirty flash back to Nov patch from current Dec patch without factory reset? Heard it is not advise as it may caused more problems? I have bootloader unlocked.
I would definitely expect you'd have more problems if you dirty flashed back to November and didn't wipe. You could try it but be prepared to wipe if you have some problems. You can always factory reset later. Since your bootloader is unlocked, you could root, use something like Swift Backup to back everything up to the cloud, then flash the November image, root it, and restore selective app data with Swift Backup, but restoring system app data is the riskiest, especially "downgrading".

prokiller1199

Nov 14, 2014
Johor Bahru
I would definitely expect you'd have more problems if you dirty flashed back to November and didn't wipe. You could try it but be prepared to wipe if you have some problems. You can always factory reset later. Since your bootloader is unlocked, you could root, use something like Swift Backup to back everything up to the cloud, then flash the November image, root it, and restore selective app data with Swift Backup, but restoring system app data is the riskiest, especially "downgrading".
yeah Thanks for your input. Yep I have Swift backup.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / Mod & RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
I'm fortunate to not have experienced any of the connectivity issues after flashing the December update.

Surprisingly, my reception has gotten better after the December update.

There is a dead spot in coverage on my commute to work (which goes through a remote area) that has been a dead spot for 12+ years, where I always drop calls.

I made it half way through that dead spot before having reception issues, but never dropped the call.

Hopefully the late January update will address all these issues!

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
I'm fortunate to not have experienced any of the connectivity issues after flashing the December update.

Surprisingly, my reception has gotten better after the December update.

There is a dead spot in coverage on my commute to work (which goes through a remote area) that has been a dead spot for 12+ years, where I always drop calls.

I made it half way through that dead spot before having reception issues, but never dropped the call.

Hopefully the late January update will address all these issues!
Same here. No connection issues, dropped calls etc. Phone is working great, even after I received December update, still great.

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Pretty fed up with the P6P my Sony wx1000xm4 keep dropping out in one ear (Nov and Dec update), poor signal and Android Auto now disconnects every 5min for no reason. My wife just got a Nord 2 and honestly, it works so much better than my P6P. If Jan update doesn't fix these things, I'm out.

Reactions: 0xkenny

0xkenny

Dec 15, 2021
BSV Big Blocks
Pretty fed up with the P6P my Sony wx1000xm4 keep dropping out in one ear (Nov and Dec update), poor signal and Android Auto now disconnects every 5min for no reason. My wife just got a Nord 2 and honestly, it works so much better than my P6P. If Jan update doesn't fix these things, I'm out.
So many are getting this problem really thinking now theres been a few bad batches been shipped out has to be hardware issues not the OS as many also have no fault

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
That's the other thing, when I've bought new OP or Samsung phones at launch, they've been quite buggy but they've also had a lot of updates over the first month of release to make them usable. It's now going on 2 and a half months and we've had 1 update that's been pulled, whilst the phone is a bit of a mess. I could forgive them if it was a cheap phone but it was £950! Wth are Google doing? It's just absolutely not on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    now the other pixels on there jan update and we stuck with NOV to make it work

damn regret buying the pixel now all we had is problems my brother on the pro and me on the normal

think am just going to sell mines and look to buy something else had a few pixels in the past never had this much grief
    I have a really bad feeling about all of this.
    So also on the Dec update and things seemed good until I noticed today that my Amazon apps (Music and Shopping) both appear to be crashing and complaining about either Chrome not being updated (when it IS), and/or no internet connectivity, when both 5G and/or WiFi are available and all other stuff works fine.
    Not sure if this is related at all, but this only started today after I tried to install Amazon shopping, now Music and Shopping don't work right.
    Are you using ad blocking? Whitelist the following if so:

It's a very capable modem but no other phone on the market has it. Samsung hasn't documented any differences from the international S20 or S21. Only thing it doesn't seem to support the moment is VoNR for voice over 5G.

But I've said this previously, Samsung rewrote the modem for December. The blame likely lies with them.
    my P6P has been parked in the drawer for now due to consistent cellular and data connectivity issues. reverting to the Nov 2021 (US) build hasn't helped at all. i truly hope Google can resolve the connectivity problems i'm experiencing; if not, i'll have to trade in the P6P for the next iteration Galaxy S series. :censored: