• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 pre order thread.

Search This thread

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
EDIT (October 24): Checked "Order Details and my delivery date was changed to Nov 2-3. Hopefully not a recurring theme.

Ordered pixel 6 black 256 today. Due Oct 29-30. I still have a working Nexus 4 and a couple of Moto-G generations. First time I am interested in a Google phone again, especially the price with decent specs.

Last edited:

drexel22

Oct 19, 2021
Took me countless tries but I finally scored a white 128, due Oct 29 or 30. Can't wait! Nice to be back on the Pixel train. One Plus turned out to be such a big disappointment.
Totally agree on the oneplus side. Picked up an OP7 Pro at release, and although the hardware has stood the test of time, the total disinterest they have in updating it almost from the get-go is just a deal-breaker for me. Happy to be getting back on the pixel train! Developer previews here I come!

drexel22

Oct 19, 2021
Previous pixel orders (1,2.3) all came to me earlier than the date stated when I ordered. Hoping that will be the case this time around as well. F5...F5....F5....

dookie23

Jul 6, 2010
HTC Dragon
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Is 128GB enough for general use? I am still using my original Pixel and currently using up 64GB of storage. I know the Pixel 6 can produce much larger size photos and videos. Is it a better choice to buy the 128GB or 256GB model?

bronxguy

Aug 23, 2009
Ordered Pixel 6 with 256GB memory on October 19 with an expected delivery between October 30 - November 2.

trimark

Aug 1, 2007
I had the same problems everyone seems to have had yesterday.

Finally got an order submitted, around 4:15pm MDT can an email saying the order had been cancelled becuase they couldn't process some of my information. Called the helpline in the email, phoneline said help desk was closed (5:48pm PDT).

Submitted a second order late night, got a confirmation this morning, hoping it holds. Chose expidited shipping, delivery claimed to be 10/26 for the phone.

el56

Is 128GB enough for general use? I am still using my original Pixel and currently using up 64GB of storage. I know the Pixel 6 can produce much larger size photos and videos. Is it a better choice to buy the 128GB or 256GB model?
YMMV.
Since I back up photos and files in Google Photos and Google Drive respectively, I've never needed more than 100GB on the phone (and half of that is for apps and podcasts). Having a cloud backup reduces the need for huge amounts of storage.

Reactions: dookie23

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P
Depends on what you do with your phone. I have 40GB free on my 64GB nexus 6p. It's been a year and a half since I last wiped it.

Reactions: dookie23

mojorisin7178

Jun 26, 2011
Saint James
As the title says this thread is for pre order talk.

For me, I ordered the 128GB Black.
estimate delivery date is Oct 27.
i ordered it as soon as i knew what the price was it took a little bit of precistiance to get it done but i got it done. I actually had to leave for work and i was riding my bike that day so i had to keep refreshing while riding finally had to pull over to complete my order. The one question i have is how are you guys getting your eta's I asked a google store rep and all they said was you will get an email when it ships. I would like to know so i can have my case ready for it.

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
i ordered it as soon as i knew what the price was it took a little bit of precistiance to get it done but i got it done. I actually had to leave for work and i was riding my bike that day so i had to keep refreshing while riding finally had to pull over to complete my order. The one question i have is how are you guys getting your eta's I asked a google store rep and all they said was you will get an email when it ships. I would like to know so i can have my case ready for it.
If you ordered the P6 from the Google store it will show you the estimated delivery date on your invoice.

Reactions: mojorisin7178

dookie23

Jul 6, 2010
HTC Dragon
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
YMMV.
Since I back up photos and files in Google Photos and Google Drive respectively, I've never needed more than 100GB on the phone (and half of that is for apps and podcasts). Having a cloud backup reduces the need for huge amounts of storage.
I was just thinking that pictures and videos are big as well as the new AI models Google is going to use on this phone, AI models are usually pretty big in size.

Top Liked Posts