• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 pre order thread.

Search This thread

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I tried to politely ask Best Buy to allow me to pick up my phone early and they denied me 😢. At least I get it this week. I wonder if they will have any in stock in store on the 28th.

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
I pre-ordered mine from BestBuy here in NC, USA on 10/21 and it originally said pick up date was "release day" of 10/28, but I just logged in to my BestBuy account and it now shows I can pick it up tomorrow 10/27!

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
I'm curious for the people who ordered directly from TMO. Is there a TMO variant like the OnePlus 6T? Where it was missing features and got TMO updates, or is this truly unlocked like the one you get from Google?
According to Best Buy, the sku numbers are different between all carrier phones and the unlocked phone. Probably due to the 5G differences. But I believe all the updates should have the same features.

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
I pre-ordered mine from BestBuy here in NC, USA on 10/21 and it originally said pick up date was "release day" of 10/28, but I just logged in to my BestBuy account and it now shows I can pick it up tomorrow 10/27!
Nevermind, I just realized I was up working overnight, and the calendar was already 10/27, that's why BestBuy said "Pick up tomorrow on release day", pickup date is still 10/28 for me

Krusej23

Dec 19, 2012
Big surprise FedEx is terrible at their job again. Shipped out of Carol Stream, IL Monday with delivery yesterday. Then didn't leave Rock Island, IL until yesterday morning so thought it would be today. It left Rock Island, IL again this morning so that means I'm probably not getting it until tomorrow now. FedEx is horrible. UPS never causes issues like this when I use them for my job.

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Big surprise FedEx is terrible at their job again. Shipped out of Carol Stream, IL Monday with delivery yesterday. Then didn't leave Rock Island, IL until yesterday morning so thought it would be today. It left Rock Island, IL again this morning so that means I'm probably not getting it until tomorrow now. FedEx is horrible. UPS never causes issues like this when I use them for my job.
Same deal here. Supposed to be delivered today, but it looks like FedX is screwing up the delivery time.

nsideguy1

Nov 24, 2012
I've been on the OG Pixel I got from Verizon when it first came out and was able to unlock the bootloader. I preordered the Pixel 6 from Verizon as soon as it was available and didn't even think about the bootloader. The only reason I use it for is to root and install AccA to keep the battery fresh. But basically the decision I had to make because of Verizon's promotion of $349 off was paying an extra $250 to have an unlocked bootloader and no mmWave antenna. I decided it wasn't worth it. Was I alone on that decision?

Drove by a T-Mobile store and saw UPS leaving the store. Stopped in and currently sitting here as they check the phone in so I can purchase it.

Update: Their system will not allow the SKU to go through until the 28th and they could not (or would not) override the system. Appt set for 10 am tomorrow to pick it up. Fortunate that I have a dispensary nearby to ease the return visit. 😉

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Has anyone received their trade-in kit yet? I received my buds and the P6 is on the way but nothing on the kit.

edit: It must have fallen by the wayside during the launch. I called and they are now shipping it.

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I've been on the OG Pixel I got from Verizon when it first came out and was able to unlock the bootloader. I preordered the Pixel 6 from Verizon as soon as it was available and didn't even think about the bootloader. The only reason I use it for is to root and install AccA to keep the battery fresh. But basically the decision I had to make because of Verizon's promotion of $349 off was paying an extra $250 to have an unlocked bootloader and no mmWave antenna. I decided it wasn't worth it. Was I alone on that decision?
For $250 you made the right decision until you regret it down the road when you want to root. ;-) I went back and forth for some time but decided that mmWave wasn't worth it and Google offered me $360 for my P5. But I'm sure a lot of people went the route you did.

KindofBlues71

May 2, 2011
Received my Pixel 6 last night, finally got it all setup. Case won't arrive until Friday and I forgot to add the Pixel Buds to my order so I have to wait until Nov 3rd to order them. Derp.

So far the phone is great! Much quicker than my Moto G Power, especially after the Android 11 update...

RoccoN4

May 28, 2013
Toronto Ontario
Google Pixel 6
I'm a little annoyed. Ordered P6 and a case Oct 20. Both were set to arrive Oct28/29. Few days ago case moved to Nov 2/3 but phone remained the same. Just got an email saying the case just shipped for Oct 28/29 delivery. Phone still shows Not Yet Dispatched. Delivery still set for Oct 28/29.

Top Liked Posts