Question Pixel 6 Pro bootloader unlock-ability

Search This thread

Skitsoboy13

Dec 8, 2018
Just wondering if all versions/models of the P6P (Pixel 6 Pro) are able to have the bootloader unlocked?
Specifically I'm looking to know if the P6P's sold by/through AT&T are able to be unlocked. The AT&T support has no clue what I'm talking about.

In general, is there a version that can and a version that can't have the bootloader unlocked?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi. AT&T and Verizon variants have not reported being able to unlock the bootloader in any way, shape, or form. The factory unlocked P6P is the only model that 100% no trouble can unlock as you wish. It will be surprising if a way is found for either.

Several T-Mobile variant users have reported being able to unlock the bootloader after talking to customer service and saying they're going to travel outside the United States, so they asked to be carrier unlocked for their travels. After their phones are carrier unlocked they found they were able to unlock the bootloader.

No idea if anyone with Verizon or AT&T variants have tried the T-Mobile method yet.

There are several threads already in these sections regarding these subjects.

Skitsoboy13

Dec 8, 2018
Hi. AT&T and Verizon variants have not reported being able to unlock the bootloader in any way, shape, or form. The factory unlocked P6P is the only model that 100% no trouble can unlock as you wish. It will be surprising if a way is found for either.

Several T-Mobile variant users have reported being able to unlock the bootloader after talking to customer service and saying they're going to travel outside the United States, so they asked to be carrier unlocked for their travels. After their phones are carrier unlocked they found they were able to unlock the bootloader.

No idea if anyone with Verizon or AT&T variants have tried the T-Mobile method yet.

Thanks for the reply, att told me today that carrier unlocking can't even be done if you pay in full, and that you can only get it carrier unlocked (even buying outright) after 3 months of financing

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, att told me today that carrier unlocking can't even be done if you pay in full, and that you can only get it carrier unlocked (even buying outright) after 3 months of financing

You're welcome. That's crazy. That should be illegal, and it might be. Note that bring carrier unlocked is not normally tied to whether you can bootloader unlock. T-mobile is definitely an exception. But I know you probably just wanted to test the possibility, as well you should.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.