General Pixel 6 Pro December update OTA available

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015

1639430351999.png

Here a list of country/version since we have 3 firmware versions running around now

1639430389440.png

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I just sideloaded the OTA (system wouldn't recognize a new update with manual update searching) and everything worked fine, no problems so far. So the OTA file is safe.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
I just sideloaded the OTA (system wouldn't recognize a new update with manual update searching) and everything worked fine, no problems so far. So the OTA file is safe.
Just got done doing the same to my Verizon variant. All is well. Those of you who are new to this, if you don't want to wait for your phone to truly get it OTA, you can find the files and directions on how to do it here. Sideloading is very straight forward, only takes a few steps, and doesn't require an unlocked bootloader. https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Last edited:
Reactions: dl8806

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
tried sideloading Mines stuck on Step 1 of 2 at 84%. how long did it take for anyone else that sideloaded?
About 7-8 min I think, mine didn't stop somewhere particularly long, even though I had instances of side loading in the past where it just stopped for several minutes ago a certain % mark and then after some time just continued.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Yikes im going on like 30 min. Wonder if i can reboot it.
Never reboot if a side load fails, or you will high chance run into a boot loop. Just wait until adb finishes with error and then side load again. It should be safe to boot into recovery, just don't boot into OS.

Also, make sure that your adb version is up to date, Plus your cable might be the culprit of problems. Always use a direct connection to your motherboard, Don't go into a front panel or use a USB dongle. Windows hates Android and vice versa.

supercobaltss

Jun 23, 2007
Coon Rapids
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Never reboot if a side load fails, or you will high chance run into a boot loop. Just wait until adb finished with error and then side load again.

Also, make sure that your adb version is up to date, Plus your cable might be the culprit of problems. Always use a direct connection to your motherboard, Don't go into a front panel or use a USB dongle. Windows hates Android and vice versa
Yeah its been on 84% for probably 25 minutes now. Phone is on step 1 of 2 installing update. I grabbed the US Carrier update. my phone is on T-Mobile. Will it fail at some point or can i cancel it then re-push it?

supercobaltss

Jun 23, 2007
Coon Rapids
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That's the right one for the P6P. So in lieu of rebooting can anyone here say what will happen if he unplugs the device from the computer? Will it just fail and reboot into previous install?

Is the cable you're using a good one? Version of platform tools?
Its a USB-C cable that i used to use to flash my OnePlus 8T all the time so i assumed it was decent. Its a C-C cable.
Platform tools 31.0.3

Top Liked Posts