General Pixel 6 Pro December update OTA available

Search This thread

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dinner are saying the

Are you sure? Some are saying use the. O16 on unlocked phones. I have no idea
.016.A1 is global.
.016.A4 is EMEA (Europe, Middle Eastern, Africa)
.016.A5 is Australian carriers
.017 is US carriers

It makes no difference whether your device is unlocked or not; the only thing that -might- make a difference is the model number; there was a difference on the Pixel 5 between US and ROW phones. From a software perspective you probably won't see any difference. What changes between the versions is the radio/baseband version which may contain improvements for certain regions. Use the version for your region.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Is it possible to go back to the November update? Could I sideloaded that to go back or would I need to do a full flash via bootloader?
If you are already bootloader unlocked you can flash the full Nov image without wiping data. If not then you are SOL. This network issue is going to be fixed soon if you can wait. Too much bad press for Google worldwide.

If you are already bootloader unlocked you can flash the full Nov image without wiping data. If not then you are SOL. This network issue is going to be fixed soon if you can wait. Too much bad press for Google worldwide.
I have an unlocked P6 but haven't bootloader unlocked it yet. Didn't really plan to and am willing to wait and see if Google addresses this soon. Kinda of like the extra OTA in November. I'm definitely seeing the increased network usage and that's what is leading to increased battery drain. I'm seeing roughly 10% drain during sleep hours when I don't even touch the phone. They definitely missed the mark with this one and it seems like this is par for the course with Google. I'm very unimpressed with their development team as it seems to be one step forward and two back. If you fix lots of bugs but render the device, which is a phone, unable to be a very good phone, then that pretty much overshadows the other efforts.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
It's the 18th, and I'm still not being offered the OTA on my Pixel 6. Is this normal? I'm on Verizon but the phone was purchased from the Google store directly.
Any phone running on the Verizon network, despite where you got your phone, is normal that you don't get the OTA very fast. I've also heard a rumor that Google stopped pushing the December update, but all I'm doing is further spreading the rumor as I haven't come across any news articles about it.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Any phone running on the Verizon network, despite where you got your phone, is normal that you don't get the OTA very fast. I've also heard a rumor that Google stopped pushing the December update, but all I'm doing is further spreading the rumor as I haven't come across any news articles about it.
I would hope they stopped pushing the update, it's been a disaster up til now. But on my P5 from Google on Verizon network, sim + eSim I would get the OTA immediately. The P6 OTA rollout has not been kinds to almost everyone. The Vzw update page doesn't even have the right patch level stated for the .037.A1 update, which btw is the last one on there. I think once these bugs shake out all will be back to normal come Jan or Feb.

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
You can go backwards without wiping. You never used to be able to but I haven't had a pixel in a while?

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
You can go backwards without wiping. You never used to be able to but I haven't had a pixel in a while?
Of you're bl unlocked I believe so. I haven't done it in a while but if make a slight change in the flashall.bat it removes the wipe function. Someone here will post it for you.
Here it is... to update manually (take the -w out of the flash-all.bat file)

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
Of you're bl unlocked I believe so. I haven't done it in a while but if make a slight change in the flashall.bat it removes the wipe function. Someone here will post it for you.
Here it is... to update manually (take the -w out of the flash-all.bat file)
That's cool if you can. I know going forward you have no problem but going backward it always used to make your wipe but I haven't tried that in a long time

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
That's cool if you can. I know going forward you have no problem but going backward it always used to make your wipe but I haven't tried that in a long time
As I said I've not done it in some time but I keep my ear to the ground. You can't go back if your bl is locked. To unlock requires a wipe, however.

imivantj

Dec 19, 2021
Hello guys.

Today I updated my pixel 6 right on my phone over the wifi, It took a very long time to install, but after all installations and reboots, I started getting this error: cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. Factory reset doesn't help.

anyone have the same issue?
hey man, I'm getting the same problem as you. My build number is SQ1D.211205.016.A1.
The problem is with the Internet (wifi/mobile network).
When that error happens, just choose try again. When it boots up to your lock screen, quickly enable airplane mode ON. And then wait a bit, unlock the phone, and wait some more until the UI finishes loading widgets and other things you may have (widgets that require internet data may not load, and that's okay). After waiting a bit, then turn off Airplane Mode. And it shouldn't auto restart by itself and crash to that screen.
Let me know if it helps

Mic Muted

Dec 13, 2021
It's the 18th, and I'm still not being offered the OTA on my Pixel 6. Is this normal? I'm on Verizon but the phone was purchased from the Google store directly.
The update was pulled from OTA as it's still has a lot of unfixed bugs and problems. However the factory images are still up on the site of which you can use android flash tool on the factory images page if you so wish to update. However Google have said it will all be fixed in a "late January" update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dinner are saying the

Are you sure? Some are saying use the. O16 on unlocked phones. I have no idea
    .016.A1 is global.
    .016.A4 is EMEA (Europe, Middle Eastern, Africa)
    .016.A5 is Australian carriers
    .017 is US carriers

It makes no difference whether your device is unlocked or not; the only thing that -might- make a difference is the model number; there was a difference on the Pixel 5 between US and ROW phones. From a software perspective you probably won't see any difference. What changes between the versions is the radio/baseband version which may contain improvements for certain regions. Use the version for your region.
    I'd be nice if they could share which bugs were fixed and which were added
    Hehe, pretty sure that you missed the 100 bug fixes list from last week. Of course they wouldn't tell you which ones the added :D
    How so... ? You seem to be the only one reporting that installing the Dec patch and having it rooted works fine for him.

Care to share your steps? :)
    First post in the following thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/fixed-lost-...te-if-root-is-important.4374759/post-86092213

If you read the last 2-3 pages of that thread, you'll see a bunch of others have rooted using a different (not even Canary) version of Magisk. They're more recent, they just haven't made it to the Canary channel yet.

1639430351999.png

Here a list of country/version since we have 3 firmware versions running around now

1639430389440.png