Question Pixel 6 Pro dropping signal issue - apparent fix

Search This thread

dilligaf56

Feb 22, 2011
SoCal, USA
I recently bought a Pixel 6 Pro; after getting it all set up, I noticed that it frequently dropped the carrier signal even in strong signal-strength areas, sometimes requiring a reboot to get it back. Apparently the problem has been reported multiple times. Installing this package:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...211206_01_rc00-android-apk-download/download/

has apparently fixed the issue on my phone. This is a BETA version of the Dec. 2021 version of the Carrier Services app. Interestingly, this one fixes the issue, but updating to the Jan 2022 release version breaks it again.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!

mightyvenom

Jul 7, 2011
I recently bought a Pixel 6 Pro; after getting it all set up, I noticed that it frequently dropped the carrier signal even in strong signal-strength areas, sometimes requiring a reboot to get it back. Apparently the problem has been reported multiple times. Installing this package:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...211206_01_rc00-android-apk-download/download/

has apparently fixed the issue on my phone. This is a BETA version of the Dec. 2021 version of the Carrier Services app. Interestingly, this one fixes the issue, but updating to the Jan 2022 release version breaks it again.

Thanks for your input! I am also one of the users with frequent data connection drops EVEN AFTER January update.

Unfortunately for me, updating to this latest Carrier Services Beta (and clearing its cache etc.) doesn't fix anything for me.

In case someone is interested and can have a look, I have managed to capture modem logs at the exact time (hh:mm) when the network drop is happening - see more info here.

Texan1

Dec 22, 2008
Australia
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for your input! I am also one of the users with frequent data connection drops EVEN AFTER January update.

In case someone is interested and can have a look, I have managed to capture modem logs at the exact time (hh:mm) when the network drop is happening - see more info here.

Make sure you properly forward those to Google as a bug report too.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

dilligaf56

Feb 22, 2011
SoCal, USA
Addendum:
After several days, I have found another issue. With the beta version of the Carrier Services app, the phone does NOT ever drop the provider's carrier if Wi-FI is not turned on. If I do turn it on, after some random time period, the phone drops the carrier signal again, and I am NOT able to make Wi-Fi calls. If anyone has a fix for this it would be appreciated. For now, I'm just not using my wireless network... :-(

D

Deleted member 4371576

'Apparently' is more precise than sometimes a fix works and sometimes it doesn't. Please retitle to maybe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Make sure you properly forward those to Google as a bug report too.
    Addendum:
    After several days, I have found another issue. With the beta version of the Carrier Services app, the phone does NOT ever drop the provider's carrier if Wi-FI is not turned on. If I do turn it on, after some random time period, the phone drops the carrier signal again, and I am NOT able to make Wi-Fi calls. If anyone has a fix for this it would be appreciated. For now, I'm just not using my wireless network... :-(