Question Pixel 6 pro-Google dialer

Search This thread

eddiedimitris

Jan 19, 2011
Good morning. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve the problem I have with the google dialer? When I am called, it takes a long time for the screen to turn on while the sound is ringing and it is generally slow to show who is calling .... I have tried to clear the application cache .... I have checked that irrelevant applications do not have access to the phone application but nothing .... Is there a solution? Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
I have the same issue, it actually started with my Pixel 4 XL. Back then I thought maybe it's just getting old. Now I'm having the exact same issue with my P6P. Tried a factory reset thinking it might have been something that migrated with my backup but that did not help.

• Wow

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
I never tried the google dialer. Didn't trust the phone enough to put a sim in it until I had self-built google-free aosp (now grapheme) installed. I have not experienced this with aosp dialer.

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
Good morning. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve the problem I have with the google dialer? When I am called, it takes a long time for the screen to turn on while the sound is ringing and it is generally slow to show who is calling .... I have tried to clear the application cache .... I have checked that irrelevant applications do not have access to the phone application but nothing .... Is there a solution? Thanks
Did you ever solve this? Not even a factory reset seems to solve it for me

• Wow

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
Tried before restoring the apps, but I did restore my contacts and SMS. Same result. Could it be something related to my contacts (around 1400 contacts)?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Tried before restoring the apps, but I did restore my contacts and SMS. Same result. Could it be something related to my contacts (around 1400 contacts)?
I doubt it, although I "only" have 635 contacts. Right now I'd say everything is suspect, however. You've got to eliminate every possibility.

I might suspect the number/size of SMS before the number of contacts, but it's worth eliminating both at the same time just to see. Or, as I said, wait until the late January update, but if you still have the problem then you'd have to start from scratch yet again to eliminate those possibilities.

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
I doubt it, although I "only" have 635 contacts. Right now I'd say everything is suspect, however. You've got to eliminate every possibility.

I might suspect the number/size of SMS before the number of contacts, but it's worth eliminating both at the same time just to see. Or, as I said, wait until the late January update, but if you still have the problem then you'd have to start from scratch yet again to eliminate those possibilities.
Thanks, will give it a shot after the January update drops

asif4self

Nov 1, 2010
Sialkot
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My best guess is that this delay happens when you have got paired an android wear with your phone. Just for testing, I paired amazfit gtr 3 pro with my P6P and this delay does not occur.

But at the same time, If you are running aosp rom, this delay doesn't happen with the dialer even with android wear paired. Strange

Last edited:

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
My best guess is that this delay happens when you have got paired an android wear with your phone. Just for testing, I paired amazfit gtr 3 pro with my P6P and this delay does not occur.

But at the same time, If you are running aosp rom, this delay doesn't happen with the dialer even with android wear paired. Strange
Interesting thought, I don't have an Android wear watch paired but I have a fitbit Versa. I haven't had this issue since the January update plus a full wipe.
I had a seperate theory which is related to the number of Google accounts I have on my phone (I had 4 before wiping). I'll keep an eye on it and try to unpair the watch if it re-occurs.

asif4self

Nov 1, 2010
Sialkot
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Interesting thought, I don't have an Android wear watch paired but I have a fitbit Versa. I haven't had this issue since the January update plus a full wipe.
I had a seperate theory which is related to the number of Google accounts I have on my phone (I had 4 before wiping). I'll keep an eye on it and try to unpair the watch if it re-occurs.
Well well well, I acted as per your theory and deleted all my google account except one that is linked to contacts and I am experiencing quite instant call-in and call-out screen and the contacts also show almost instantly.

Its a shame that android is google's own product and these issues (having more than google account) jeopardize the whole experience. I have read a lot of posts on reddit and other forums for the the same issue and all what google guys suggest is factory reset which is not a pleasant way and the problem persists after that.

Maybe I am too quick to give my feedback and this issue resurfaces even with 1 account. Will keep an eye on that and will post my further findings.

slimfady

Jul 13, 2009
Well well well, I acted as per your theory and deleted all my google account except one that is linked to contacts and I am experiencing quite instant call-in and call-out screen and the contacts also show almost instantly.

Its a shame that android is google's own product and these issues (having more than google account) jeopardize the whole experience. I have read a lot of posts on reddit and other forums for the the same issue and all what google guys suggest is factory reset which is not a pleasant way and the problem persists after that.

Maybe I am too quick to give my feedback and this issue resurfaces even with 1 account. Will keep an eye on that and will post my further findings.
I think it's confirmed. I've added two more accounts and the call screen is now back to taking forever to showup when I get a call

asif4self

Nov 1, 2010
Sialkot
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think it's confirmed. I've added two more accounts and the call screen is now back to taking forever to showup when I get a call
Yeah I reconfirm it as well, no delay in call screens if having 1 Gmail account only.

Culprit is Google phone app I guess, may be it goes through all accounts to search n display the contact that cause this delay. I have tried Google phone app on samsung s21 ultra too n there is same delay with having more than 1 accounts while Samsung own dialer app doesn't suffer this issue.

• Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not rooted and no custom kernel, been considering those as a solution 😂
    I'm on the December update, but had it even on the November build
    When you factory reset, did you test the Google dialer without restoring any of your old apps or data?

If the January update doesn't fix it for you when it comes out, I'd consider trying that.

Thanks, will give it a shot after the January update drops