Question Pixel 6 Pro. Having trouble setting up a Mexican eSIM

Search This thread

jucali87

Mar 9, 2019
I bought a Pixel 6 Pro a couple of weeks ago, and have been using my regular Mexican nano SIM with it until now; but I want to add a second line to it, from Movistar. The carrier gave me a QR code to scan, and following the instructions on Google's support page, it seemed to download the profile correctly.

But when I go to Settings to try and select the eSIM, it doesn't show up on the list of SIMs available. It only shows the physical SIM that's inside the phone (from a different company). If I tap on the + button to add a new one, it sends me to the start of the adding a SIM process, but if I try to scan the QR to download the eSIM again, it says that the profile has been downloaded already.

I contacted Movistar but they said that it's an issue with the phone, not the eSIM, and since Google Pixels aren't sold in Mexico, they couldn't give me any specific troubleshooting advice. I've looked online for a solution and tried restarting the phone, taking out the physical SIM from the other company, and erasing downloaded SIMs form the System > Reset options menu, but I just can't get the eSIM to show up in the available SIMs, or get it to re-download into the phone.

Any ideas on what the issue might be? Thanks in advance!

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

spinoza23

Apr 27, 2012
Doral, FL
I bought a Pixel 6 Pro a couple of weeks ago, and have been using my regular Mexican nano SIM with it until now; but I want to add a second line to it, from Movistar. The carrier gave me a QR code to scan, and following the instructions on Google's support page, it seemed to download the profile correctly.

But when I go to Settings to try and select the eSIM, it doesn't show up on the list of SIMs available. It only shows the physical SIM that's inside the phone (from a different company). If I tap on the + button to add a new one, it sends me to the start of the adding a SIM process, but if I try to scan the QR to download the eSIM again, it says that the profile has been downloaded already.

I contacted Movistar but they said that it's an issue with the phone, not the eSIM, and since Google Pixels aren't sold in Mexico, they couldn't give me any specific troubleshooting advice. I've looked online for a solution and tried restarting the phone, taking out the physical SIM from the other company, and erasing downloaded SIMs form the System > Reset options menu, but I just can't get the eSIM to show up in the available SIMs, or get it to re-download into the phone.

I have the same problem, it downloads the Movistar eSIM correctly but it doesn't appears on SIMs menu....

Reactions: alvarorojas4

spinoza23

Apr 27, 2012
Doral, FL
I have the exact same problem here with Movistar in Colombia.
eSIm worked on older pixels. But not on P6 :/
It says it's already downloaded.
Alvaro, I'm tested it on movistar Colombia and it doesn't work, it's not compatible with Pixel 6 Pro, profile is correctly downloaded but is not available in the menu Network & internet / SIMs
I try with an Ubigi Esim and it works well (it uses Claro) then, this is a compability problem with the movistar's Esim

• Sad
Reactions: alvarorojas4

pipe27_

Sep 29, 2022
Colombia
Alvaro, I'm tested it on movistar Colombia and it doesn't work, it's not compatible with Pixel 6 Pro, profile is correctly downloaded but is not available in the menu Network & internet / SIMs
I try with an Ubigi Esim and it works well (it uses Claro) then, this is a compability problem with the movistar's Esim
How was your experience with Ubigi?
I have the same problem my esim downloads and tells me to configure it, but it does not appear at any time in the cel, Im in colombia

lmenar

Dec 19, 2022
Les fue posible resolver el problema de la esim Movistar?

Mod translation: Was it possible to solve the problem of the Movistar esim?

Last edited by a moderator:

spinoza23

Apr 27, 2012
Doral, FL
Was it possible to solve the problem of the Movistar esim? translation
I think you can setup another esim like ubigi (ubigi esim is free) and try to setup the Movistar esim...

I didn't try it but may be work ;)
Screenshot_20221220-124740_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same problem, it downloads the Movistar eSIM correctly but it doesn't appears on SIMs menu....

I'm thinking that Movistar Mexico's eSIMS are probably not compatible with the phone. Because it's not sold in Mexico, there's probably something about the way the eSIM is configured that doesn't work with the Pixel phones :(
    Try removing the physical SIM card (and reboot) and then try again with the eSIM.