Question Pixel 6 Pro is the best phone I ever owned!

Search This thread

kasakopei

Aug 6, 2022
I recently upgraded from the Pixel 5 which I loved and where I thought that it cannot become better. Until I just upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro. After reading all the issues and problems people seem to have here I was a bit worried. But everything works perfectly, the battery life is awesome and the in screen fingerprint sensor is fast and very reliable. The only thing I kind of miss is the smaller screen size, but I am starting to enjoy the bigger screen more and more https://9apps.ooo/.

Last edited:

nds850

Jun 11, 2013
Stockholm
I enjoy mine too. The first six months were bad with tons of bugs but with the 13 beta the phone is really good.
It shouldn't have taken that long though.

Reactions: yyz71

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Good to hear you are enjoying your Pixel. I like mine too. Wouldn't say it's my favorite phone of all time, but it's good and just reliable. My unit was never buggy - I guess I'm lucky?
My only issue with it is how warm it can get even during light, NON GAMING usage. Best remedy I've found (so far) is Android 13 beta 4.1 with Despair kernel. Dunno what magic this kernel has but the phone will stay reasonably cool for a longer time, compared to before.

Also I really don't understand the complaints about the fingerprint scanner. I literally have a S22 Ultra as my secondary phone, which has an ultrasonic FP scanner and it's regarded as one of the fastest on the market according to reviews. Yes it's extremely fast, but I don't mind the slightly slower, optical one on the Pixel. My thumb absolutely never gets rejected, unless I have wet hands or something.

RushPL

Sep 26, 2015
I think Pixel 6 Pro is the worst phone I ever had but it's the best camera. Anything about connectivity is so unstable about this phone. Having to go to airplane mode and back in order to bring back connectivity.

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
I agree, awesome phone, but without face unlock I will have to switch :( My hands are constantly wet/dirty at work so face unlock is a must for me now.

ilmar72

Aug 30, 2009
I just ditched mine for a s22 ultra. Pixel 6 pro had me so frustrated that I was ready to jump ship and go iPhone.

I wish I did this from day one when I found out about this missing face unlock and didn't even wish to receive my pre order.
Besides the face unlock; the finger print scanner doesn't work and the phone is just plagued with issues.

The screen on my s22 ultra is so nice that when I go back to the p6 to look up old info etc; the screen of that p6 feels like going to iphone 1 compared to the s22

spinoza23

Apr 27, 2012
Doral, FL
I recently upgraded from the Pixel 5 which I loved and where I thought that it cannot become better. Until I just upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro. After reading all the issues and problems people seem to have here I was a bit worried. But everything works perfectly, the battery life is awesome and the in screen fingerprint sensor is fast and very reliable. The only thing I kind of miss is the smaller screen size, but I am starting to enjoy the bigger screen more and more.
I'm really sorry for you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently upgraded from the Pixel 5 which I loved and where I thought that it cannot become better. Until I just upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro. After reading all the issues and problems people seem to have here I was a bit worried. But everything works perfectly, the battery life is awesome and the in screen fingerprint sensor is fast and very reliable. The only thing I kind of miss is the smaller screen size, but I am starting to enjoy the bigger screen more and more https://9apps.ooo/.
    Good to hear you are enjoying your Pixel. I like mine too. Wouldn't say it's my favorite phone of all time, but it's good and just reliable. My unit was never buggy - I guess I'm lucky?
    My only issue with it is how warm it can get even during light, NON GAMING usage. Best remedy I've found (so far) is Android 13 beta 4.1 with Despair kernel. Dunno what magic this kernel has but the phone will stay reasonably cool for a longer time, compared to before.

Also I really don't understand the complaints about the fingerprint scanner. I literally have a S22 Ultra as my secondary phone, which has an ultrasonic FP scanner and it's regarded as one of the fastest on the market according to reviews. Yes it's extremely fast, but I don't mind the slightly slower, optical one on the Pixel. My thumb absolutely never gets rejected, unless I have wet hands or something.
    I enjoy mine too. The first six months were bad with tons of bugs but with the 13 beta the phone is really good.
    It shouldn't have taken that long though.
    I think Pixel 6 Pro is the worst phone I ever had but it's the best camera. Anything about connectivity is so unstable about this phone. Having to go to airplane mode and back in order to bring back connectivity.
    never had this problem, and I travel a lot world wide.
    I just ditched mine for a s22 ultra. Pixel 6 pro had me so frustrated that I was ready to jump ship and go iPhone.

I wish I did this from day one when I found out about this missing face unlock and didn't even wish to receive my pre order.
    Besides the face unlock; the finger print scanner doesn't work and the phone is just plagued with issues.

The screen on my s22 ultra is so nice that when I go back to the p6 to look up old info etc; the screen of that p6 feels like going to iphone 1 compared to the s22