Question Pixel 6 Pro keeps losing 5ghz WIFI connection

Search This thread

murphyjasonc

Oct 19, 2014
Raleigh
Amazon Kindle Fire
Smart Watches
My wife's pixel 6 pro keeps losing the ability to connect to 5ghz WIFI. When this happens the phone will not even see the SSID's of those networks. The only fix for this is to reset all network connections. This will happen several times a day. When it does the phone will fall back to the 2.4ghz network and no 5ghz networks will be listed. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a permanent fix? I don't have any battery saver options enabled and adaptive connectivity is turned off. This started on the November update and has persisted through the January update. Her phone is non rooted stock. I probably should have RMA'd it sooner but I was hoping the January update would fix the issue but no dice.

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
This may be a possible solution, if you have access to the configuration settings for your wireless router. In some cases, certain WiFi chipsets have issues with certain channels. I had this issue with my Pixel 5 when I had the 5GHz network set to use channel 149, but when I changed to another channel

murphyjasonc

Oct 19, 2014
Raleigh
Amazon Kindle Fire
Smart Watches
This may be a possible solution, if you have access to the configuration settings for your wireless router. In some cases, certain WiFi chipsets have issues with certain channels. I had this issue with my Pixel 5 when I had the 5GHz network set to use channel 149, but when I changed to another channel
I haven't thought about that because my 6pro isn't having the issue. It's just doing it on my wife's. I'll give it a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
Since the February update, my WiFi turns itself off constantly. Almost every time phone is off for more than 5 mins. I didn't have any issues prior to Feb update, so it's been a major annoyance to deal with. Yesterday I worked with TMobile to convert my physical SIM to eSIM, and I haven't had the issues since. Which is odd, but something I wanted to rule out after trying every adjustment. I have the unlocked P6P and if anyone is experiencing this issue, then maybe converting to eSIM will help you too!

My home network is WiFi6 and I'm connecting to the 5GHz signal. Though connecting to the 2.4GHz made no difference to the issue overall when it was happening.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
My wife's pixel 6 pro keeps losing the ability to connect to 5ghz WIFI. When this happens the phone will not even see the SSID's of those networks. The only fix for this is to reset all network connections. This will happen several times a day. When it does the phone will fall back to the 2.4ghz network and no 5ghz networks will be listed. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a permanent fix? I don't have any battery saver options enabled and adaptive connectivity is turned off. This started on the November update and has persisted through the January update. Her phone is non rooted stock. I probably should have RMA'd it sooner but I was hoping the January update would fix the issue but no dice.
Its a bug. Don't RMA until you've re-flashed using the Flash Tool. I know it sucks having to do this, but you'll have to do it anyway if you get it replaced *and you'll be without a phone etc. backup your data (settings, system, backup) and files, and use the Flash Tool to "wipe and force flash partitions, along with re-lock bootloader"

here's the link:

There's also 12L which is much more stable then regular 12 version, link to flash that is here:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't thought about that because my 6pro isn't having the issue. It's just doing it on my wife's. I'll give it a try though. Thanks for the suggestion.