General Pixel 6 Pro on display at Best Buy - Impressions

Search This thread

ggreenwood334

Went and saw one myself yesterday at BB. Made me more excited for the phone. I'm most excited about the bigger size. My hands/thumbs are big and I have a hard time messaging. Anyway, the screen was gorgeous. You can definitely tell the difference between its fluidity and my pixel 4xl. No lag, no stutter, which I experience often on my 4xl. I didn't get but maybe two or three minutes with it though. I'm definitely happy with my purchase. It'll be a big upgrade from my 4xl.
I didn't realize I had fat fingers until I went with the pixel 5 last year. I love the idea of the smaller phone. It's just not working out for my typing. I had to proof read this and fix a few things because it's hard to text on this smaller screen. Lol.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Samsung Galaxy Watch
OnePlus 10 Pro
I didn't realize I had fat fingers until I went with the pixel 5 last year. I love the idea of the smaller phone. It's just not working out for my typing. I had to proof read this and fix a few things because it's hard to text on this smaller screen. Lol.
I left Pixel devices for OnePlus larger screens for my usage years ago! I'm glad they finally came to their senses! Thus I'm back 🙂

namartlu

Mar 6, 2011
Went to Bestbuy as well, glad that I ordered the pro instead of the regular. The build and screen are just better. And I'm glad that it doesn't feel all that bulky. And I don't like the black color, I hope the sunny I ordered looks better....

BTW, played with the magic eraser, pretty amazing!

Last edited:

swieder711

I went to my local Bestbuy last night to check out the P6 and P6P. First, I had trouble just finding them. There were big signs for Samsung and Apple in the cell phone area, but nothing for Google. I finally found two setups in the Verizon area. One set up had the phone with a static screen. The other area had working phones. After playing with both I concluded that neither is perfect for me, but I am going to get the P6P with 256 GB.

The P6P was slightly longer than my P3XL. I am worried about applying a screen protector to the rounded edges. The telephoto zoom - 2x or 20x was amazing! Magic Eraser was very cool too.

At this point, I am planning to wait for a Black Friday sale and some more hands on feedback from the Pixel community.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I too had an experience of holding the Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6 at my local BB. For whatever reason, the device will keep resetting whenever I tried to swipe up to go to the home screen. It happened on both Pixel 6s phone. May be it's a Google thing 😂. Anyway, I liked the startup animation. I liked the Pro version better than the regular Pixel 6. Here's the Pixel 6 Pro/Pixel 6 startup animation video that I captured on my aging Pixel 3 😁

Went and saw one myself yesterday at BB. Made me more excited for the phone. I'm most excited about the bigger size. My hands/thumbs are big and I have a hard time messaging. Anyway, the screen was gorgeous. You can definitely tell the difference between its fluidity and my pixel 4xl. No lag, no stutter, which I experience often on my 4xl. I didn't get but maybe two or three minutes with it though. I'm definitely happy with my purchase. It'll be a big upgrade from my 4xl.
    The smaller 6 looks better than the Pro to me. The real difference is screen curve vs flat. Even the QHD is barely noticeable in real life. I wish the Pro had that flat screen.
    Also, seeing reports of heat from the demos, which I also noticed. However being at 100% brightness and charging, I can't fault them for running warm after 15 minutes.
    There is a YouTube video out there of a guy who did some great camera testing in store. But it's not the final camera release. Can't find the video now though.
    May be this is the video you are talking about.