• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all,

I have a few questions around tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens like the Pixel 6 Pro, I was wondering if people had any answers to:

1. Are there any known brands that do good quality curved tempered glass screen protectors?
  2. Has anyone seen any tempered glass screen protectors for the Pixel 6 Pro that follow the curved edge of the screen
  3. How well do these fit on phones that have cases (I'm looking at spigen rugged armor and have noticed in the past that some screen protectors don't fit properly with the case)

Any input would be appreciated as I want to make sure my Pixel 6 Pro is properly protected from scratches and falls.

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
At the moment, do not buy a glass screen protector. Where is the screen of the Pixel 6 Pro curved? Until a high-quality curved protection is made
I can recommend this

And

goddammit

Nov 22, 2009
Just this morning this chick was standing next to me on the train and she had a phone with on-scree fingerprint reader and a screen protector. It looked ugly as ѕhit, because there was a hole for the fingerprint.

I haven't used screen protectors in years now. I just don't put my phone in the same pocket as keys and it's good as new.

Last edited:
Just this morning this chick was standing next to me on the train and she had a phone with on-scree fingerprint reader and a screen protector. It looked ugly as ѕhit, because there was a hole for the fingerprint.
I'm using a Whitestone Dome Glass on my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren and there is no hole, where the FPS is...

And there's also no problem with the finger print reader with the applied Dome Glass.

So I really do hope that there's going to be a Dome Glass also for the Pixel 6 Pro (in the past Whitestone always hat a Pixel Dome Glass available...)

Reactions: MrVizziato

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I'm using a Whitestone Dome Glass on my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren and there is no hole, where the FPS is...

And there's also no problem with the finger print reader with the applied Dome Glass.

So I really do hope that there's going to be a Dome Glass also for the Pixel 6 Pro (in the past Whitestone always hat a Pixel Dome Glass available...)
I heard many horror stories from people that had to remove the remains of Dome Glass after a drop (shattered, couldn't be removed in one piece). Did that ever happend to you? I planned on using Dome Glass for a while now, but it's quite expensive and I am not really looking forward to damaging my original display whilst trying to remove the debry of the protecting glass...

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Kalamazoo
Any reason why you couldn't put a 6 tempered glass on the 6 Pro? pretty much the same size. You wouldn't want it to go past the curved edges anyway.
You would have a pretty sizable area around the screen protector that doesn’t come up to the case edge. Leaving room for dust to accumulate. Also the selfie camera cut out wouldn’t line up right.

• Wow
Reactions: swieder711

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
I ordered this one: https://www.spigen.com/products/pixel-6-pro-screen-protector-neo-flex

I know Spigen makes great cases but never tried their screen protector. It's not tempered glass but it was (only) 11 euros on Amazon. In the worst case, if reviews are bad, I'll send it back.

Edit: read some reviews about the same ones for other phones, they don't seem great. I canceled my order for now. We'll see what becomes available next week.

Last edited:

znel52

I just bought some LK film screen protectors off of Amazon. I've had good luck with them in the past and the install method they use works great. I might go Whitestone or similar later on after I see some reviews. I had used Whitestone before in the past but from what I've been reading it seems the quality of the glass isn't what it used to be. IDK anybody used a Whitestone lately?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT
I heard many horror stories from people that had to remove the remains of Dome Glass after a drop (shattered, couldn't be removed in one piece). Did that ever happend to you? I planned on using Dome Glass for a while now, but it's quite expensive and I am not really looking forward to damaging my original display whilst trying to remove the debry of the protecting glass...
Before I sold my Pixel 2 XL I removed the Dome Glass and that was absolutely no problem.
The Glass came off very easy and the glue sticks to the Dome Glass not the Smartphone Screen.

I also had to replace the Dome Glass on my OnePlus (my fault) and there I didn't have any problems either - the glue sticks to the Dome Glass, the Display remains absolutely clean...

Can't really imagine on how to "kill" the display when removing the Dome Glass...of course, if you're usin a kniw or a screw-driver or any other inapproriate tool...

ghettopops

Mar 6, 2006
Been rocking my Pixel 5 w/o a screen protector since purchase. Don't think I'll use one for my Pro.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
is this avail for the 6 Pro?
I didn't see the Ringke on their website.

A few things to answer earlier posts:

Whitestone is REALLY easy to remove, even after it shatters. Worst case you can scrape it all up with a business card. The adhesive is more like rubber cement than a hard glue.

Tempered glass protectors with a hole in them are straight up garbage. Avoid them

The Pro has an Optical sensor, any issues that Samsung users had with tempered protectors don't apply here. Optical sensors work GREAT with LOCA based UV tempered glass protectors. My Oneplus 9 Pro has an Optical sensor and I have the whitestone (and used Aliexpress $3 loca based protectors), they all work fine. The main difference is the quality of glue used, the cheaper ones pull up like crazy after a few weeks.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I ordered 2x Magglass Tempered Glass Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector (2021) UHD Full Coverage Display Guard (Case Compatible), so I'll give a review when I get the phone and put it on. It was either the sole tempered glass one I could find or one of only a couple. I've never used this brand although I've heard of them and seen them.

By the way, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 512 GB (which I love the hardware but hate the software, having come from the Pixel 1), I bought the Note 10+ phones for my wife and I a year and a half ago, and it took a while to receive a screen protector. I dropped that phone at least 10 times before I also received an Otterbox Defender, since a lot of stuff was getting delayed. That phone is just so slippery without a case (I know, this is a screen protector thread).

I'm so glad the screen wasn't damaged before I got the protector on it. The phone came with something basic already on the screen that wasn't really a protector, but it might've helped keep it from damage until I got the rest of my accessories.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After watching the WhitestoneDome remove their UV screen protector off the pixel 6 pro, and comparing it to my experience with the removing the Mocolo TGSP from AliExpress, it's very evident that the Mocolo adhesive glue is very bad. I was able to remove the Mocolo one with my Pinky finger nail - and it lifted up with incredible ease. But after watching Whitestone, it should actually be more difficult to remove a UV cured screen protector.

Goes to show, the Mocolo one has bad glue adhesion.
    Installed the Mowei last night and man it is great. I might have slightly decreased fingerprint reading, however, hard to really gauge as it is under a microscope now.

All in all I certainly recommend this bad boy.

Did anyone else receive only 2 sets of the foam rods? I noticed mine were wet with the glue after install so I tossed them. I have one set left but 2 more screen protectors. I am wondering if the should have included 3 sets?
    Installed the mowei and initially was quite pleased with it. Looked great, pretty easy install. But man, the fingerprint sensor or rather the degrade in ease of use is driving me nuts! I've re-registered my prints several times already to no avail. I've had to hold my finger down for what seems significantly longer in order for it read. From several posts, it sounds like i should take it off and reinstall and weigh down the fps area using coins?
    My Mowei and the fingerprint sensor is still working well after installing it on Dec. 8. I didn't use any weights, and for what it's worth, I got an email from Mowei saying to not use any weights and that's why they didn't include a weight in the package.

But if adding a weight worked for other people, couldn't hurt I guess. Also making sure you cured it for the recommended time.
    Time for New Years.
    Installed another Mocolo using these
    method with holding the place where fingerprint is and it works flawlessly now. Still looks like the edges are not perfect and I suspect it will get worse day by day. :(

You need better loca glue the included stuff isn't good.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected] via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,