• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all,

I have a few questions around tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens like the Pixel 6 Pro, I was wondering if people had any answers to:

1. Are there any known brands that do good quality curved tempered glass screen protectors?
  2. Has anyone seen any tempered glass screen protectors for the Pixel 6 Pro that follow the curved edge of the screen
  3. How well do these fit on phones that have cases (I'm looking at spigen rugged armor and have noticed in the past that some screen protectors don't fit properly with the case)

Any input would be appreciated as I want to make sure my Pixel 6 Pro is properly protected from scratches and falls.

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
At the moment, do not buy a glass screen protector. Where is the screen of the Pixel 6 Pro curved? Until a high-quality curved protection is made
I can recommend this

And

goddammit

Nov 22, 2009
Just this morning this chick was standing next to me on the train and she had a phone with on-scree fingerprint reader and a screen protector. It looked ugly as ѕhit, because there was a hole for the fingerprint.

I haven't used screen protectors in years now. I just don't put my phone in the same pocket as keys and it's good as new.

Last edited:
Just this morning this chick was standing next to me on the train and she had a phone with on-scree fingerprint reader and a screen protector. It looked ugly as ѕhit, because there was a hole for the fingerprint.
I'm using a Whitestone Dome Glass on my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren and there is no hole, where the FPS is...

And there's also no problem with the finger print reader with the applied Dome Glass.

So I really do hope that there's going to be a Dome Glass also for the Pixel 6 Pro (in the past Whitestone always hat a Pixel Dome Glass available...)

Reactions: MrVizziato

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I'm using a Whitestone Dome Glass on my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren and there is no hole, where the FPS is...

And there's also no problem with the finger print reader with the applied Dome Glass.

So I really do hope that there's going to be a Dome Glass also for the Pixel 6 Pro (in the past Whitestone always hat a Pixel Dome Glass available...)
I heard many horror stories from people that had to remove the remains of Dome Glass after a drop (shattered, couldn't be removed in one piece). Did that ever happend to you? I planned on using Dome Glass for a while now, but it's quite expensive and I am not really looking forward to damaging my original display whilst trying to remove the debry of the protecting glass...

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Kalamazoo
Any reason why you couldn't put a 6 tempered glass on the 6 Pro? pretty much the same size. You wouldn't want it to go past the curved edges anyway.
You would have a pretty sizable area around the screen protector that doesn’t come up to the case edge. Leaving room for dust to accumulate. Also the selfie camera cut out wouldn’t line up right.

• Wow
Reactions: swieder711

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
I ordered this one: https://www.spigen.com/products/pixel-6-pro-screen-protector-neo-flex

I know Spigen makes great cases but never tried their screen protector. It's not tempered glass but it was (only) 11 euros on Amazon. In the worst case, if reviews are bad, I'll send it back.

Edit: read some reviews about the same ones for other phones, they don't seem great. I canceled my order for now. We'll see what becomes available next week.

Last edited:

znel52

I just bought some LK film screen protectors off of Amazon. I've had good luck with them in the past and the install method they use works great. I might go Whitestone or similar later on after I see some reviews. I had used Whitestone before in the past but from what I've been reading it seems the quality of the glass isn't what it used to be. IDK anybody used a Whitestone lately?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT
I heard many horror stories from people that had to remove the remains of Dome Glass after a drop (shattered, couldn't be removed in one piece). Did that ever happend to you? I planned on using Dome Glass for a while now, but it's quite expensive and I am not really looking forward to damaging my original display whilst trying to remove the debry of the protecting glass...
Before I sold my Pixel 2 XL I removed the Dome Glass and that was absolutely no problem.
The Glass came off very easy and the glue sticks to the Dome Glass not the Smartphone Screen.

I also had to replace the Dome Glass on my OnePlus (my fault) and there I didn't have any problems either - the glue sticks to the Dome Glass, the Display remains absolutely clean...

Can't really imagine on how to "kill" the display when removing the Dome Glass...of course, if you're usin a kniw or a screw-driver or any other inapproriate tool...

Reactions: znel52

ghettopops

Mar 6, 2006
Been rocking my Pixel 5 w/o a screen protector since purchase. Don't think I'll use one for my Pro.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
is this avail for the 6 Pro?
I didn't see the Ringke on their website.

A few things to answer earlier posts:

Whitestone is REALLY easy to remove, even after it shatters. Worst case you can scrape it all up with a business card. The adhesive is more like rubber cement than a hard glue.

Tempered glass protectors with a hole in them are straight up garbage. Avoid them

The Pro has an Optical sensor, any issues that Samsung users had with tempered protectors don't apply here. Optical sensors work GREAT with LOCA based UV tempered glass protectors. My Oneplus 9 Pro has an Optical sensor and I have the whitestone (and used Aliexpress $3 loca based protectors), they all work fine. The main difference is the quality of glue used, the cheaper ones pull up like crazy after a few weeks.

Reactions: MrVizziato

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
I ordered 2x Magglass Tempered Glass Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector (2021) UHD Full Coverage Display Guard (Case Compatible), so I'll give a review when I get the phone and put it on. It was either the sole tempered glass one I could find or one of only a couple. I've never used this brand although I've heard of them and seen them.

By the way, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 512 GB (which I love the hardware but hate the software, having come from the Pixel 1), I bought the Note 10+ phones for my wife and I a year and a half ago, and it took a while to receive a screen protector. I dropped that phone at least 10 times before I also received an Otterbox Defender, since a lot of stuff was getting delayed. That phone is just so slippery without a case (I know, this is a screen protector thread).

I'm so glad the screen wasn't damaged before I got the protector on it. The phone came with something basic already on the screen that wasn't really a protector, but it might've helped keep it from damage until I got the rest of my accessories.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts