• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have a one plus 8 pro ( curved sides ) and have ordered the pixel 6 pro ,never had a case or SP on my phone's ,always used a fit bag pouch to keep them in and used them like that .But 6 months ago put the factory supplied case on my OP8P and liked it ,so looked for a SP ,ended up with a film tpu one and I hate them ,so wanting a glass one but realise may have to wait a while ,so just hoping for a decent quality film type for now and ordered a d brand skin for it

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

swieder711

I ordered 2x Magglass Tempered Glass Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector (2021) UHD Full Coverage Display Guard (Case Compatible), so I'll give a review when I get the phone and put it on. It was either the sole tempered glass one I could find or one of only a couple. I've never used this brand although I've heard of them and seen them.
On paper, this screen protector looks good. Hoping to hear your feedback once you apply it to the phone.

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
I ordered 2x Magglass Tempered Glass Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector (2021) UHD Full Coverage Display Guard (Case Compatible), so I'll give a review when I get the phone and put it on. It was either the sole tempered glass one I could find or one of only a couple. I've never used this brand although I've heard of them and seen them.

By the way, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 512 GB (which I love the hardware but hate the software, having come from the Pixel 1), I bought the Note 10+ phones for my wife and I a year and a half ago, and it took a while to receive a screen protector. I dropped that phone at least 10 times before I also received an Otterbox Defender, since a lot of stuff was getting delayed. That phone is just so slippery without a case (I know, this is a screen protector thread).

I'm so glad the screen wasn't damaged before I got the protector on it. The phone came with something basic already on the screen that wasn't really a protector, but it might've helped keep it from damage until I got the rest of my accessories.
I like how that screen protector looks but it's a dot matrix type. I almost ordered it until I found that piece of information.

due to curved edge I will get whitestone dome as only one that actually works
Would love me some whitestone but they skipped out on Pixel 4-5. Have they stated they will be making it for the P6?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sorry in advance for this bulky reply, but at least the "new" XDA auto-"spoilers" lengthy quotes.

On paper, this screen protector looks good. Hoping to hear your feedback once you apply it to the phone.
Absolutely, I'll be reporting back in this thread, and potentially a new thread to make it easy to find in the future, unless I decide to return them unopened (see below). If that's the case, I'll report that too.

I like how that screen protector looks but it's a dot matrix type. I almost ordered it until I found that piece of information.
Interesting, thanks. Now that I've looked it up it sounds familiar but I wasn't aware of a particular advantage or disadvantage of this type. This site makes it sound like an advantage, but I don't know if it's reliable information.

1. What is the dot matrix screen protector?

Matrix points are touch points and explosion-proof points. On the one hand, it increases the adhesion of the glass, and most importantly, it increases the touch sensitivity of the tempered glass, which makes the response faster. Normal tempered films do not have matrix points. Some screen-printed tempered films and 3D curved tempered films have matrix points, so they are called dot matrix screen protectors.

2. The advantages of the dot matrix screen protector

● The surface is hard enough and scratch proof;

Even if you take a knife and scratch it hard, it won't get frayed, because the hardness of iron is lower than that of glass, let alone tempered screen protector.

● Explosion proof and scratch proof;

It can prevent the glass panel from being broken and scattered due to the accidental collision on mobile phones, reduce the hidden damage of the glass panel, and ensure the safety of users. At the same time, it can prevent accidental scratches and preserve the appearance of mobile phones.

● Simple to use and bubble free;

● The screen transmittance is as high as 98%, allowing the use of the mobile phone cover and other mobile phone accessories.

This other webpage only lists the following as the disadvantages. Please let me know if you know of any additional disadvantages to help me decide if I will even try them, or just return them.

But using the dot matrix pattern results in another problem: the "rainbow effect" (the scientific term is Newton rings). This is the reflection of light between two sheets of glass (the phone's display and the tempered glass screen protector that isn't glued 100% onto the display), and it can be quite distracting.

The Newton rings...

The Newton rings...

The good news is the Newton rings are mostly noticeable when the display is off (as seen in my photo above), it'll mostly go away once the screen is turned on.

A final problem with tempered glass screen protectors that only have adhesive on the edges is that they have a tendency to trap muck/dust/dirt. This was never a problem before on flat screen tempered glass protectors. The curved ones had to double down on the adhesive, as they rely exclusively on the edges to keep everything in place.

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
Sorry in advance for this bulky reply, but at least the "new" XDA auto-"spoilers" lengthy quotes.

Absolutely, I'll be reporting back in this thread, and potentially a new thread to make it easy to find in the future, unless I decide to return them unopened (see below). If that's the case, I'll report that too.

Interesting, thanks. Now that I've looked it up it sounds familiar but I wasn't aware of a particular advantage or disadvantage of this type. This site makes it sound like an advantage, but I don't know if it's reliable information.

This other webpage only lists the following as the disadvantages. Please let me know if you know of any additional disadvantages to help me decide if I will even try them, or just return them.
Biggest issue with those for me are the Newton Rings but more importantly, only the edges have adhesive. This in the past caused dust to get trapped along the edges and between the screen and screen protector.

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
The only curved screen protectors that I've seen that claims to have full adhesive are the CoverOn ones, but they are apparently sold out. Even the $50 Zagg glass looks like dot matrix type.

From the description of the CoverOn TGSP.

"Updated InvisiGuard design with full back adhesive for a better, longer lasting bond"

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The only curved screen protectors that I've seen that claims to have full adhesive are the CoverOn ones, but they are apparently sold out. Even the $50 Zagg glass looks like dot matrix type.

From the description of the CoverOn TGSP.

"Updated InvisiGuard design with full back adhesive for a better, longer lasting bond"

Thank you much! For now, I'll check that site every week or so to see if they can see any more. I might still end up using the MagGlass until then.

Reactions: eg1122

daniel-t

Mar 17, 2010
I've ordered the

Olixar Google Pixel 6 Pro Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I have looked around and while Olixar is not the best, it is more well established than the dozens of brands on Amazon with random all caps "branding"

SUPCASE, ELYCO, NEWZEROL, TAURI, TOCOL, Wuzixi, Boleyi, GMUJIAO etc

Once the phone has been out for a while, I can always replace it with something better that has been tested.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Found a couple more unknown to me brands tempered glass screen protectors on Amazon. No idea if either is the dot-matrix type, but the pictures don't show the (annoying to me) black edge.

$12.99 + check the 5% off box - ivoler [6 Pack] Screen Protector for Google Pixel 6 [4 Pack] with 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector Tempered Glass for Pixel 6 with Alignment Frame Easy Installation Anti-Scratch HD Clear Film, 6.4 inch

$14.99 - TAURI [2+2 Pack] Compatible with Google Pixel 6 Pro 5G 6.71 - inch, 2 Pack Flexible TPU Screen Protector + 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector Support Fingerprint Unlock Easy Installation Bubble Free

I ordered both while they're in stock, and I'll figure out which I'll try later and return what I didn't use.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've ordered the

Olixar Google Pixel 6 Pro Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I have looked around and while Olixar is not the best, it is more well established than the dozens of brands on Amazon with random all caps "branding"

SUPCASE, ELYCO, NEWZEROL, TAURI, TOCOL, Wuzixi, Boleyi, GMUJIAO etc

Once the phone has been out for a while, I can always replace it with something better that has been tested.
I decided to do the same. At least have something on there until better ones (hopefully Whitestone Dome) come out.

xxnoelziexx

Mar 18, 2005
London
We need to contact their support and submit requests for them to make this. They are going to base it off of demand
Totally right, I contacted them both times for my pixel 4xl and 5 and they said not enough demand and they only focus on high end phones. So hopefully they do them for the 6s. I contacted them using the web form 3 days ago to ask the question if they would be making them. I really hope they do.

Contact us page

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Totally right, I contacted them both times for my pixel 4xl and 5 and they said not enough demand and they only focus on high end phones. So hopefully they do them for the 6s. I contacted them using the web form 3 days ago to ask the question if they would be making them. I really hope they do.

Contact us page
Thanks for providing the link. I just contracted them as well. Hopefully others will too.

angry english

Oct 7, 2010
Fairborn Ohio
I'm a tech YouTuber and have worked with Whitestone many times. I have bad new for you.

I reached to then and they have no plans to make the Dome Shield for the 6 Pro. That's direct from Whitestone.

Sucks because I've had the Pixel 6 Pro since last Wednesday and cant find a tempered glass worth using

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, it arrived today and seems like it's gonna be an OK fit size-wise. Don't wanna jinx it but I'm kinda expecting the fingerprint reader not to work though 😅

I'll report back.
    Installed the mowei and initially was quite pleased with it. Looked great, pretty easy install. But man, the fingerprint sensor or rather the degrade in ease of use is driving me nuts! I've re-registered my prints several times already to no avail. I've had to hold my finger down for what seems significantly longer in order for it read. From several posts, it sounds like i should take it off and reinstall and weigh down the fps area using coins?
    My Mowei and the fingerprint sensor is still working well after installing it on Dec. 8. I didn't use any weights, and for what it's worth, I got an email from Mowei saying to not use any weights and that's why they didn't include a weight in the package.

But if adding a weight worked for other people, couldn't hurt I guess. Also making sure you cured it for the recommended time.
    Installed the Mowei last night and man it is great. I might have slightly decreased fingerprint reading, however, hard to really gauge as it is under a microscope now.

All in all I certainly recommend this bad boy.

Did anyone else receive only 2 sets of the foam rods? I noticed mine were wet with the glue after install so I tossed them. I have one set left but 2 more screen protectors. I am wondering if the should have included 3 sets?
    Just got lucky with an overnight delivery since my Rhinoshield impact flex failed twice due to the installation method with a line of bubbles in the middle. I got my hands on the IMBZBK and actually like them a lot. Plastic USB alignment tool, non-slip pad for installation and several extra screen protectors while being cheaper than Rhinoshield. I can definitely recommend the IMBZBK screen protectors. Smooth feel, great installation assuming there is no dust in the air and the included non-skid pad helps a LOT for installation without having to set your phone on the case or a slick surface with the camera bump. Just in case anyone else can't get the LK's in a reasonable amount of time the IMBZBK are a great option.
    Ordered a whitestone protector now. will see what this brings.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected]whitestonedome.com via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,