Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

sunNsnow

Dec 16, 2009
I put on Milomdol 9H film screen protector and tempered glass camera protector yesterday. I purchased it from Amazon. I have no bubbles or lifting on the edges of the screen. The fingerprint reader is working without having to enable the faster reading setting. The protector ends up looking like glass and you can see your fingerprints on it. :cautious: I placed a Caseology case on the phone without issues.

The install is fussy and needed an extra step of taping the sides of one end of the protector during the install (after applying the first half of the screen, before attempting to apply the second half of the screen, as noted in one of the Amazon reviews). I found the installation video more effective than reading the instructions as a guide.

I was able to take pictures of the night sky with the tempered glass camera protector. So far, the screen protectors work, despite the fingerprints all over it ... no different than the screen itself without the protector.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Starzboy77

Jun 30, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Just got these in from AliExpress, I ordered a 2 pack of the Mocolo, and an unbranded (slightly more expensive) 2 pack.

Both are literally the same thing in different boxes. They came relatively quickly (about 10 days to NJ), well packaged and nothing was broken.

I burned through one of the mocolo protectors because my phone was slightly tilted and the glue started to run towards the bottom of the screen. I tried to act quickly to toss the glass on it and got a bunch of air bubbles, so I just tossed it without even curing it with the light.

The second attempt went perfectly. I propped up the bottom of the phone with the alcohol swab I used on the first attempt, and it set the phone flat enough. Put the glue in the center, made sure there was no air bubbles in the glue, and slowly put the protector in place. Once the glue started spreading I dropped it in place and let it do it’s thing. Definitely not as easy as having the Whitestone or Amfilm frame to guide you, but it ended up applying perfectly anyways.

So… With that being said: the fingerprint sensor works perfectly. It’s just as fast as it was with the LK TPU protector on it, and I didn’t even have to redo my prints. Once I apply my DBrand skin I’ll see how the protector works with my case, and hopefully it doesn’t push up the glass. At this point that’s the only thing left to worry about, because a tight case can ruin everything.

Here are the product links. I used the 2nd link for the install so far, but they're pretty much identical.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003490262469.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003472897787.html
I just received a liquid protector but this is my first time using such a protector and need some guidance with the stickers to protect the speaker ports. Is that for the top speaker/ear speaker or the bottom firing speaker? Do you need to cover the power and volume buttons too? Also, how do you remove the stickers once you place the glue on the screen and then the glass? Any guidance would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Batfink33

I just received a liquid protector but this is my first time using such a protector and need some guidance with the stickers to protect the speaker ports. Is that for the top speaker/ear speaker or the bottom firing speaker? Do you need to cover the power and volume buttons too? Also, how do you remove the stickers once you place the glue on the screen and then the glass? Any guidance would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
Cover them all, buttons, sim tray , ports , ear grill etc. Make sure none of the glue gets in them because it's nasty to remove. Use quite strong tape also so the glue doesn't get underneath if it spills over. With the top ear grill you have to only cover it slightly so the protector goes on properly, if you put too much tape over it then the protector wont fit at the bottom.

Starzboy77

Jun 30, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Cover them all, buttons, sim tray , ports , ear grill etc. Make sure none of the glue gets in them because it's nasty to remove. Use quite strong tape also so the glue doesn't get underneath if it spills over. With the top ear grill you have to only cover it slightly so the protector goes on properly, if you put too much tape over it then the protector wont fit at the bottom.
Do you think packing tape is sufficient?

Batfink33

Thanks for the reply. Question is how to remove the ear grill sticker after applying the glue and then the glass? Wouldn't it be under the glass a d impossible to remove?
You only put the tape over the ear grill up to where the glass would start so a strip of tape over the ear grill then wrapped over the back of phone.

Reactions: Starzboy77

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
This is OT but oh well: I've never dropped any of my phones before but it happened to my Pixel 4 XL on my current trip. It felt flat on the floor and my TGSP cracked! Seems like the screen itself is fine underneath. I'm waiting till I'm home to replace the TGSP with a brand new one (I have extras).

My point is: I'm glad I didn't have time to set up my Pixel 6 Pro before I left. I don't know how effective the TPU screen protector would have been in that case. I probably would have a brand new P6P with a broken screen! 😱

Anyway, I really wish TGSP for the P6P would be here soon cause now I'm scared haha

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
finally received the Mocolo glass from AliExpress - bought 2x 2 pack, only received one so make sure if you order from them! LOCA glue is a ***** so I would definitely tape all sides. once that **** leaks into any crevices, it keeps leaking out! took like 30 minutes of wiping. that said, the application went on smoothly with no bubbles on the first try. pretty much comes right up to the case I have on so I have full protection!

Last edited:

djy

Sep 2, 2009
Thanks I ordered two packages from AliExpress, shipped to east coast USA. They are estimating up to 40 days. Did your order arrive before the estimated time?

I never used a UV adhesive type glass protector. How much adhesive did you apply? Once cured, does the adhesive peel off in large blobs or is a solvent/scraping required? Have you noticed any difference in quality for the front camera or fingerprint sensor?

• Wow

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Thanks I ordered two packages from AliExpress, shipped to east coast USA. They are estimating up to 40 days. Did your order arrive before the estimated time?

I never used a UV adhesive type glass protector. How much adhesive did you apply? Once cured, does the adhesive peel off in large blobs or is a solvent/scraping required? Have you noticed any difference in quality for the front camera or fingerprint sensor?
I'm also in the same location. ordered it 11/18 and received it yesterday so the 40 days I believe is a large estimate and you'll probably get it sooner.

it was my first time applying this thing and while it was a perfect install in terms of alignment, there are some small micro bubbles at the top right corner. as the glue started to spread it slowly covered everything under the protector, but for some reason when I used the UV light to cure that corner raised itself and I had to hold it down while placing the light over it. should have held it there longer, but because it didn't it raised up again. when it finally cured these micro bubbles were left.

some tips
- best to do it after a nice hot shower and the bathroom is steamy to pull down all the dust
- place the phone on a rubber mat or counter the camera bump so that the phone is level (halfway through dispensing the glue, the glue started to slide!)
- there were no pull tabs for the plastic protector covering the underside of the glass... may one to put a piece of tape and pull it a little to make sure it works
- tape all four sides of the phone so all the buttons and lines that separate the glass from the back are sealed. place tape over the top speaker as well
- I emptied the whole bottle of glue, but the hole where the glue exits is pretty small so it comes out in droplets despite squeezing the life out of it and opening the top of the tube
- once you get a pretty big pool of glue, about the size of a US $1 coin, maybe bigger, pull off the plastic from the glass and put it down over the glue and let it slowly spread. the excess glue will slowly leak out of the glass. you can see the glue spreading
- move the glass around so that it's perfectly aligned and hold it there. use the UV light to cure a small part of the phone - I did the bottom of the phone so it's stuck in place. after that you can let go and flash the light all over the phone. I guess one thing that's good about the more expensive White Dome is that it comes with something to hold the UV light in place - convenient, but enh

lastly, since these are all the things I've learned along the way I didn't tape the sides and that proved to be fatal, as mentioned above. that said, I used the UV light to get into the lines and just now rubbed it with my finger and it all peeled off like rubber cement. other than that, I'm not sure how it would come off in terms of ease if you wanted to redo it or replace... videos of the White Dome removal didn't look too bad unless the protector cracks.

no noticeable difference from the front facing camera. the FP sensor feels like it took a slight step back for me... I had a TPU and that felt good despite how I placed my thumb. after putting the glass on I had to re-do the prints and after doing them it feels like I need to get it at the right placement to unlock.

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
I wonder if it's worth buying the note 10 plus Whitestone dome glass for the pixel 6 pro ??as everyone is saying the note 10 plus screen protectors are fitting the pixel 6 pro perfect ...

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
finally recurved the Mocolo glass from AliExpress - bought 2x 2 pack, only received one so make sure if you order from them! LOCA glue is a ***** so I would definitely tape all sides. once that **** leaks into any crevices, it keeps leaking out! took like 30 minutes of wiping. that said, the application went on smoothly with no bubbles on the first try. pretty much comes right up to the case I have on so I have full protection!
Mines comes tomorrow. Do you have pictures of your install?
Also, I'm afraid of what to tape.
1) Do I tape a little bit of the screen itself? Because I'm worried the glue might seep into the tiny space between the actual glass screen and the phone's housing.
2) How do I tape off the top speaker area? There's not much room up there for any tape...
3) Did you find yourself holding down part of the glass while you cure the other half first?
4) Any micro bubbles or defects/mistakes now that yours has cured?

5) Has your FINGERPRINT reader gotten worse with this screen protector?

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010

Pretty good video showing the install process for LOCA protectors that don't have an install rig etc. Of course, go with the curing times listed in the instructions vs what is the video. Also, do use electrical tape or something similar to block all the ports, as the others have mentioned.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
soooo, I made matters worse lol
I had originally ordered the glass from aliexpress, but with Amazon having one seller also selling something similar I ordered from there too. the Amazon one arrived one day before the aliexpress one and after installing the Amazon one with no issues other than the fact that the finger print sensor wasn't working as well as it did with the TPU, I decided to re-do it with the aliexpress one. made two attempts with it and have a few extra pointers to add to my original which are

- after all the glue has spread, give the whole glass a firm press to squeeze out all the glue and make as close a contact between the protector and the screen
- as you press, wipe off the excess as quickly as you can to prevent any buildup

Mines comes tomorrow. Do you have pictures of your install?
Also, I'm afraid of what to tape.
1) Do I tape a little bit of the screen itself? Because I'm worried the glue might seep into the tiny space between the actual glass screen and the phone's housing.
2) How do I tape off the top speaker area? There's not much room up there for any tape...
3) Did you find yourself holding down part of the glass while you cure the other half first?
4) Any micro bubbles or defects/mistakes now that yours has cured?

5) Has your FINGERPRINT reader gotten worse with this screen protector?
yeah, the main focus is to protect the buttons and the earpiece with tape. that said, even if you have good strong tape I would take care to wipe the excess as much as possible. I've attached a photo during the prep phase. I put the glass on and taped along the edges. be careful the tape is not touching or under the protector. tape should give you a good indicator of placement once the glue has been applied. second photo you can see the excess glue coming out - I would not let this happen, instead I would wipe it up especially since the tape I used was not strong enough, as evident with glue still seeping through. I held down the protector and cured the section where my fingers were holding down. once that's locked in place I slowly cured the glue little by little pressing down to squeeze out the glue. I had micro bubbles in one corner, prompting me to do it all over, but that was because I had already cured it before realizing. I would cure a small section in the middle first and then work outwards to push all the excess glue out to ensure no bubbles.
my first application I did not press down on the protector before curing and I feel that caused the finger print reader to be worse than when I had the TPU. my last attempt I put pressure on the protector as I cured it, paying more attention to the fingerprint area and can say it's back to what I had with the TPU protector

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
A few weeks ago, I got this TPU screen protector from Amazon. I screwed up installing the first one but managed to apply the second one OK.

Today, I just took out the P6P from its box (not using it yet because I was traveling these past 2 weeks and did not have enough time to set it up) and it looks like cr*p! There are bubbles everywhere and one line at the bottom that looks like a wide bubble. This thing sucks!

I'm glad I got a refund from Amazon after screwing up the first one because I was NOT happy with it.

Now where are the good tempered glass ones? Given what happened to my 4 XL on my trip (long story short: thank goodness I had a TGSP on or my screen would be shattered!), I'm not taking any chances with the P6P. It sucks because I would like to use my shiny new toy :(

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
A few weeks ago, I got this TPU screen protector from Amazon. I screwed up installing the first one but managed to apply the second one OK.

Today, I just took out the P6P from its box (not using it yet because I was traveling these past 2 weeks and did not have enough time to set it up) and it looks like cr*p! There are bubbles everywhere and one line at the bottom that looks like a wide bubble. This thing sucks!

I'm glad I got a refund from Amazon after screwing up the first one because I was NOT happy with it.

Now where are the good tempered glass ones? Given what happened to my 4 XL on my trip (long story short: thank goodness I had a TGSP on or my screen would be shattered!), I'm not taking any chances with the P6P. It sucks because I would like to use my shiny new toy :(
yeah, TPU does suck in that if you have anything that pinches the screen it'll create bubbles that you'll need to smooth out. I normally keep my phone in my non-wallet pockets, but twice I've put it in with the wallet and after pulling it out I saw some bubbles. couldn't figure out why until the second time when I realized I have a paper clip that was rubbing on the screen.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Guys, when you apply the glass over the LOCA, do NOT move it around or press on it. That's the worst damn thing you can do!

Put the LOCA in the center of the screen. Hold the protector diagonally, where the bottom edge is lined up where it should be on the phone and lower it down SLOWLY. When it makes contact with the glue and starts to spread, then slowly finish lowering it, but do NOT put pressure on it. The glue spreads on its own. Don't touch it, and it won't flow over the sides or into the ear piece.

DON'T. Touch. The. Protector.

DON'T. Put. Any. Pressure. On. It.

Reactions: djy

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Guys, when you apply the glass over the LOCA, do NOT move it around or press on it. That's the worst damn thing you can do!

Put the LOCA in the center of the screen. Hold the protector diagonally, where the bottom edge is lined up where it should be on the phone and lower it down SLOWLY. When it makes contact with the glue and starts to spread, then slowly finish lowering it, but do NOT put pressure on it. The glue spreads on its own. Don't touch it, and it won't flow over the sides or into the ear piece.

DON'T. Touch. The. Protector.

DON'T. Put. Any. Pressure. On. It.
I didn't press on my first attempt... and I can say the fingerprint reader was not matching properly. my final attempt and applying pressure has given me the snappy fingerprint reader again

Top Liked Posts