• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

sensui123

Jul 16, 2012
Just installed the Mocolo. Very exact horizontal dimension wise as others mentioned so make sure you lay it down properly/centered. Install went flawlessly and feels great without lift using spigen ultra hybrid case. I didn't reset my fingerprint sensor (previously used Tocol film) and it still works flawlessly.... Never had any fingerprint issues. Very smooth and happy to be back to tempered glass... Stopped buying whitedome a long time ago... Just too expensive for what it is and other companies like this is just as good IMO. Hurts a lot less when you shatter it too in a drop for sure.

Reactions: gie62001

gie62001

Jan 21, 2011
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just installed the Mocolo. Very exact horizontal dimension wise as others mentioned so make sure you lay it down properly/centered. Install went flawlessly and feels great without lift using spigen ultra hybrid case. I didn't reset my fingerprint sensor (previously used Tocol film) and it still works flawlessly.... Never had any fingerprint issues. Very smooth and happy to be back to tempered glass... Stopped buying whitedome a long time ago... Just too expensive for what it is and other companies like this is just as good IMO. Hurts a lot less when you shatter it too in a drop for sure.
I have the same case and for the time being only TPU screen protector. So wanted to ask how the case fits while using this screen protector? Would you share some pictures? Thank you.

sensui123

Jul 16, 2012
I have the same case and for the time being only TPU screen protector. So wanted to ask how the case fits while using this screen protector? Would you share some pictures? Thank you.
There's not much to see honestly pic wise. It's a cloudy white 6 pro with that case on and the protector is a perfect fit. You see maybe a hair thin gap between both sides left and right so alignment is very crucial to making sure this thing doesn't lift when you squeeze on the case. Have a tech21 incoming also so I'll report back with that case also. Best of luck with installation, if you've done loca uv installs before it's very straight forward and nothing new... Only thing is like some have mentioned, alignment and having a small slope to keep the phone flat since it slopes a bit from the protruding camera.

Reactions: gie62001

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
What's your install procedures like? Any particular tips for install? I keep reading that you'd want to press down and then cure the fingerprint area. Etc...

Zilla0617

I attempted to install the Mocolo UV protectors it didn't work out quite well for me. This was first time using LOCA UV installs, the first attempt lifted on side when using the Spigen ultra hybrid case. My second attempt had an air bubble which kept getting bigger. Finally l, discarded it went back to my last TPU. Will try another brand at a later time.

I do prefer TGSP for added protection and extra smoothness, but it was a lot of work.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

sensui123

Jul 16, 2012
What's your install procedures like? Any particular tips for install? I keep reading that you'd want to press down and then cure the fingerprint area. Etc...
Biggest points is making the phone flat so the tempered glass doesn't slide when you lay it on before curing. Some quick steps from my perspective.

1. Prep the phone, tape up openings/buttons to prepare just in case. Clean thoroughly.

2. Used something to prop up the bottom of the phone to be sure it's flat during installation.

3. I used the full tube of loca and applied it in the center/slightly upper center.

4. Align the tempered glass...I lined it up against the bottom first and laid it down from bottom to top. Slowly making sure it's aligned as I lay it down (helps to have some fingernail here or something to hold the glass while you lay it down). Before curing, you can slightly adjust the tempered glass by sliding it around with fingernail or something thin to make sure alignment is good.

5. Make sure there are no air bubbles on the entire screen. That means the glue has spread properly and is even. Do not press down on the glass you want it to spread evenly.

6. Cure appropriately with uv led.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Nice find man. Looks like a solid rig to put in there and the cotton on the sides to get up leakage. The Mocolo ones leaked like crazy off the side, even with the adhesive in the middle.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guys, when you apply the glass over the LOCA, do NOT move it around or press on it. That's the worst damn thing you can do!

Put the LOCA in the center of the screen. Hold the protector diagonally, where the bottom edge is lined up where it should be on the phone and lower it down SLOWLY. When it makes contact with the glue and starts to spread, then slowly finish lowering it, but do NOT put pressure on it. The glue spreads on its own. Don't touch it, and it won't flow over the sides or into the ear piece.

DON'T. Touch. The. Protector.

DON'T. Put. Any. Pressure. On. It.
Amfilm comes with a little weight that is meant to be sat over the finger print sensor. I've also used it to push glue to a corner that would not take

djy

Sep 2, 2009
Video in Mowei Amazon link indicates don't use weight for P6 Pro.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Amfilm comes with a little weight that is meant to be sat over the finger print sensor. I've also used it to push glue to a corner that would not take
A few things about that:

Yes, it comes with a weight, and they also have bumps on the glass so it doesn't press down completely. Besides, a controlled weight is not someone pressing down unevenly with their finger. That's what ****s things up.

HOWEVER, they also don't make a LOCA protector for the P6P, just for the Samsung devices. The Samsungs have a different technology for the reader (Ultrasonic vs optical), which NEEDS a thinner layer of glue to work halfway decently. The Optical readers don't need that to work well.

As for pushing glue around, that's why you're supposed to wait 10-15 minutes for the glue to distribute. That's not supposed to happen when applied correctly.

Reactions: crzycrkr

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
A few things about that:

Yes, it comes with a weight, and they also have bumps on the glass so it doesn't press down completely. Besides, a controlled weight is not someone pressing down unevenly with their finger. That's what ****s things up.

HOWEVER, they also don't make a LOCA protector for the P6P, just for the Samsung devices. The Samsungs have a different technology for the reader (Ultrasonic vs optical), which NEEDS a thinner layer of glue to work halfway decently. The Optical readers don't need that to work well.

As for pushing glue around, that's why you're supposed to wait 10-15 minutes for the glue to distribute. That's not supposed to happen when applied correctly.
I've done like 9 or 10 and moved at least three of them either on purpose or inadvertently. If I waited 20 minutes and it hasn't reached every edge then I'm pressing it with a qtip to spread it.

Also not everyone that I have used has had a weight. Amfilm did. White stone did not. And in using those even the perfect ones have shown the webbing affect.

I think it comes down to YMMV, this isn't some exact science and I hate for someone to think they ruined the install simply because someone made a statement of "absolutely don't do this". I'm more keen on this is what's worked for me, do you. Because I pushed the glue to the edge of mine hasn't changed anything. It's still sitting pretty on a two year old phone. Just sharing my experience.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.

Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.

Last edited:

eg1122

Oct 5, 2009
Roma, Tx
Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked each time and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.
Thanks, was already planning on using electrical tape. Mine got pushed to Friday for delivery. Was hoping to get it tomorrow but oh well. Bunch of good info on your post. Thanks again.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor

Thank you for your review and for letting me know about it. I keep toggling back and forth between being brave enough to put this kind of screen protector on and being afraid I'll mess things up. I've only used tempered glass and TPU up until now. Your review makes me a little bit braver, for the moment, but I'm still undecided. At least they're still in stock! :)

I'm saving your review for my reference. I'm leaning towards going ahead and ordering some I ordered a package and if I re-chicken out before the end of January, I can return them for a refund. LOL!

My wife and I still have the LK ones on with no complaints, but I do get nervous that my screen might hit a sharp corner of a table, negating the protection of my OtterBox Defender. We're both clutzes, although my wife is worse than I am.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Horror stories? Jesus, calm the hell down. I've had Whitestone dome glass on every one of my top end phones, and it's amazing. You are not going to damage your display , where do you come up with this nonsense? As a matter of fact, I'm rocking the Samsung Note 10 whitestone dome glass right now on my P6P. Yes it isn't curved but it covers the screen quite well and it's an amazing touch/feel experience to use every day. Fingerprint scanner is fine and I'm on the SQ1D.211205.017 update.

Please, stop talking about stuff you have no experience with.
    The only one here making a drama is you. I merely asked a calm question because of experiences others had. And no, for hecks sake, I will never - ever - ever - ever stop talking about any topic I deem interesting. It is not up to you to decide whether or not people have "the right" to talk about stuff that you claim they have no "experience about".

Imagine we talk about Tesla owners - they reported hardware defects - now I get asked: What do you think about Teslas - and I answer: Mh, there are people that had hardware defects... that might be an issue.

Now you would come in any say "don't talk about that because it's not your personal experience" - what the heck. That is not a line of argument, that is an excuse to censor criticism and thoughts you don't like. You don't need to personally experience something to be able to talk about it. I don't need to personally burn my finger on a hot stove in order to tell people that it's a stupid idea to touch a hot stove. Again, that is not a line of argument ("stop talking about stuff you have no experience with"), that's ridiculous.

Besides, I actually never made any "claims" of my own, I merely mentioned that I heard other peoples stories, which definitely and factually renders your "request" absolutely mind-boggling. Since simply referring to other peoples experiences can under no circumstances be considered as a personal statement (even IF I had made such a statement, your words would still be without sense).

Just for reference purpose, as an example someone that had one of those "horror story" problems with whitestone

-> https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...val-fail-portion-left-need-ideas-removal.html

"My Note 10 removal disaster was 5 months ago, just looking for an alternative for a different phone. Still traumatized from that!"

"no matter how careful I was all 4 sides cracked before complete removal."

"But what I had to do to remove one from my almost new Note 10+ was terrifying."
    Please, enlighten me how this is possible. According to your own statement, such a thing would never happen. It's "nonsense" - as a matter of fact, it is not.
    After watching the WhitestoneDome remove their UV screen protector off the pixel 6 pro, and comparing it to my experience with the removing the Mocolo TGSP from AliExpress, it's very evident that the Mocolo adhesive glue is very bad. I was able to remove the Mocolo one with my Pinky finger nail - and it lifted up with incredible ease. But after watching Whitestone, it should actually be more difficult to remove a UV cured screen protector.

Goes to show, the Mocolo one has bad glue adhesion.
    anyone having intermittent fingerprint scanner issues with the mowei/amazon glass screen protectors? worked much more consistently before with a plastic protector. installation seemed to go perfectly fine, looks pristine. seems to only work about half the time even after deleting and re-doing my fingerprints. worth installing again?

edit: reinstalled with a stack of quarters over the fingerprint scanner area during the initial cure and seems to be at least better, if not fixed entirely. we'll see how it goes.
    I didn't use any weight and mine still works very well with the fingerprint scanner. Hard to give a number, but maybe 90-95% success rate???
    Just take it off. It's no problem. The glue that comes in the packet is so bad you can remove it from the glass and install again, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I use actual LOCA on all my installs, which, contrary to some posts here, removes just fine, but require more finesse installing. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2ZLB5O
    No problem with any lifting/bothering with my Spigen Tough Armor.

And what The "rode" Warrior said 😉
    I echo this review. Easiest LOCA assembly I've ever done, including Whitestone and AMFilm. FPS works just as well as without any protector. No extra glue seeping out from under glass. Hopefully it holds up.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    I have the Spigen Neoflex applied to my test Pixel 6 Pro and it fits perfect. And for the case I went Ringke Matte.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected] via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,