Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

duman95

Put on the Mowei protector today. Install was simple and glue flowed and covered with no issue. We will see how well the glue holds up. Seems to fit fine with my Bellroy case. Did use a stack of 5 quarters over the fingerprint scanner area just in case.

Reactions: rohmbd

plokm

Sep 19, 2007
Louisiana
Installed the mocolo protector yesterday and the glue that came with the kit is trash. Didn't stick well. I end up using the extra glue I had from whitedome I had me from my pixel 2 protector I got from them.

San Diego

Jun 25, 2016
The only one here making a drama is you. I merely asked a calm question because of experiences others had. And no, for hecks sake, I will never - ever - ever - ever stop talking about any topic I deem interesting. It is not up to you to decide whether or not people have "the right" to talk about stuff that you claim they have no "experience about".

Imagine we talk about Tesla owners - they reported hardware defects - now I get asked: What do you think about Teslas - and I answer: Mh, there are people that had hardware defects... that might be an issue.

Now you would come in any say "don't talk about that because it's not your personal experience" - what the heck. That is not a line of argument, that is an excuse to censor criticism and thoughts you don't like. You don't need to personally experience something to be able to talk about it. I don't need to personally burn my finger on a hot stove in order to tell people that it's a stupid idea to touch a hot stove. Again, that is not a line of argument ("stop talking about stuff you have no experience with"), that's ridiculous.

Besides, I actually never made any "claims" of my own, I merely mentioned that I heard other peoples stories, which definitely and factually renders your "request" absolutely mind-boggling. Since simply referring to other peoples experiences can under no circumstances be considered as a personal statement (even IF I had made such a statement, your words would still be without sense).

Just for reference purpose, as an example someone that had one of those "horror story" problems with whitestone

-> https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...val-fail-portion-left-need-ideas-removal.html

Please, enlighten me how this is possible. According to your own statement, such a thing would never happen. It's "nonsense" - as a matter of fact, it is not.
Deep breath son. Go take a walk. Wow, that's a lot of energy in that response. Don't like what I wrote? Ignore me.

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I bought a Panzerglass TPU ... and already regret it.
Box did not contain a "guide" (as shown on their youtube videos) so that the initial alignment at the top was difficult.
So that was already tricky.
Once I had the top aligned worked my way downwards as per instructions.
That was sort of OK, not too many air bubbles, could get rid of them by pushing them to the side.

However, the protector just did not want to stick across the curved sides.
Used the "squeegee" tool to try and fix it but just could not get it to stick around the corner.
And - in addition - noticed that under a certain angle there were already very tiny scratches on the protector caused by the squeegee tool ...

Got extremely frustrated and ripped it off again ...

p.s. The fingerprint sensor did work with it ...

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

almahix

I bought the
Brand: AACL
3.1 out of 5 stars 41Reviews

[2+2 Pack]2 Pack 3D Tempered Glass for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector[6.7 Inch] + 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector, [Easy Installation with Alignment][Fingerprint Unlock][Anti-Scratch][Work with Case]​

It fits great and feels secure. Extremely easy and fool-proof installation. Inexpensive on Amazon. I tried and didn't care for the TPU films. This is significantly better.​

The only thing is that when the screen is turned off there is a small slightly noticable dark circle over the fingerprint sensor, which incidentally works fine. When the screen is turned on the circle is invisible.​

Last edited:

wazka2

May 21, 2011
Update on Mocolo. I could live with slight lifting on the very edges but it went to the next level yesterday. I have managed to push it out but it appeared today again. Trash. Wondering if it's wort to install another one.
Any tips on safely removing it?

PXL_20211225_101621381.MP.jpg

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just take it off. It's no problem. The glue that comes in the packet is so bad you can remove it from the glass and install again, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I use actual LOCA on all my installs, which, contrary to some posts here, removes just fine, but require more finesse installing. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2ZLB5O
Yeah, the loca in the Mocolo protectors are junk. I had some from a previous install from an ASBELT loca protector I used on the OP8Pro and it stayed on fine on my P6P.

wazka2

May 21, 2011
Installed another Mocolo using these
method with holding the place where fingerprint is and it works flawlessly now. Still looks like the edges are not perfect and I suspect it will get worse day by day. :(

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
After watching the WhitestoneDome remove their UV screen protector off the pixel 6 pro, and comparing it to my experience with the removing the Mocolo TGSP from AliExpress, it's very evident that the Mocolo adhesive glue is very bad. I was able to remove the Mocolo one with my Pinky finger nail - and it lifted up with incredible ease. But after watching Whitestone, it should actually be more difficult to remove a UV cured screen protector.

Goes to show, the Mocolo one has bad glue adhesion.

San Diego

Jun 25, 2016
Finally! Whitestone Dome have a Pixel 6 and 6 Pro protectors on the way! Whew!
You won't be disappointed. Fingerprint recognition is outstanding. Touch / feel sensation amazing. Can't be beat.

Too bad my avatar isn't super-cool as Leon "The Professional". Guess I grew out of the pre-teen phase.

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Just got lucky with an overnight delivery since my Rhinoshield impact flex failed twice due to the installation method with a line of bubbles in the middle. I got my hands on the IMBZBK and actually like them a lot. Plastic USB alignment tool, non-slip pad for installation and several extra screen protectors while being cheaper than Rhinoshield. I can definitely recommend the IMBZBK screen protectors. Smooth feel, great installation assuming there is no dust in the air and the included non-skid pad helps a LOT for installation without having to set your phone on the case or a slick surface with the camera bump. Just in case anyone else can't get the LK's in a reasonable amount of time the IMBZBK are a great option.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
I got my screen protector from Gadgetshieldz cause it is a film protector which lasts long if you use it with a case. I hate the tempered glass which always breaks soon!o_O

icepixie

Jul 16, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Installed the mowei and initially was quite pleased with it. Looked great, pretty easy install. But man, the fingerprint sensor or rather the degrade in ease of use is driving me nuts! I've re-registered my prints several times already to no avail. I've had to hold my finger down for what seems significantly longer in order for it read. From several posts, it sounds like i should take it off and reinstall and weigh down the fps area using coins?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Installed the mowei and initially was quite pleased with it. Looked great, pretty easy install. But man, the fingerprint sensor or rather the degrade in ease of use is driving me nuts! I've re-registered my prints several times already to no avail. I've had to hold my finger down for what seems significantly longer in order for it read. From several posts, it sounds like i should take it off and reinstall and weigh down the fps area using coins?
My Mowei and the fingerprint sensor is still working well after installing it on Dec. 8. I didn't use any weights, and for what it's worth, I got an email from Mowei saying to not use any weights and that's why they didn't include a weight in the package.

But if adding a weight worked for other people, couldn't hurt I guess. Also making sure you cured it for the recommended time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you get it so flawless? Any advice/tips/tutorial?
    I took tips from the person who first posted about it.

I managed to find a squeegee tool from and old screen protector and wherever there were bubbles left, I'd peel from the closest corner whilst holding down the centre of the protector. Once I'd gone past the bubbles, I'd make sure the squeegee tool was flat and covered the whole width of the screen and press down pretty hard until I'd gotten to the end of the phone.

Repeat that until all bubbles are gone. It does take a little while and may seem like you won't remove them all but if you make sure you cover the entire width whilst pressing out the bubbles you should be able to like we did.

Feel free to PM if you feel the need.
    I took tips from the person who first posted about it.

I managed to find a squeegee tool from and old screen protector and wherever there were bubbles left, I'd peel from the closest corner whilst holding down the centre of the protector. Once I'd gone past the bubbles, I'd make sure the squeegee tool was flat and covered the whole width of the screen and press down pretty hard until I'd gotten to the end of the phone.

Repeat that until all bubbles are gone. It does take a little while and may seem like you won't remove them all but if you make sure you cover the entire width whilst pressing out the bubbles you should be able to like we did.

Feel free to PM if you feel the need.
    Thanks mate. Broke one set trying to remove and realign. Ordered 2 more sets and will try again once they arrived.
    Here's the photos of my protector, better late than never :)View attachment 5627845
    How did you get it so flawless? Any advice/tips/tutorial?
    After seeing this i bought one, i have tried 3 glass ones so far and they have all be crap. Popped this on yesterday and it is very difficult to even know it is installed, very clear and very slippy.
    My film protector started to peel yesterday so i stripped it off and put the second one on that was supplied and it is back to being super slippy again. Once again it went on bubble free and with no effort, if these film ones keep lasting 6 months a time I'll be more than happy.

Took the other screen protector off and for the first time ever got the white stone screwed up the first one with a bubble and hadn't realised the protector moved down so was hanging over the edge and had already cured it got it off and did the 2nd 1 perfect apart from a black spot on top right somewhere I'll leave it be as I have dark mode on so shouldn't really see it

IMG_20220608_060546.jpgIMG_20220608_060551.jpg
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.