Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
Installed the Mowei last night and man it is great. I might have slightly decreased fingerprint reading, however, hard to really gauge as it is under a microscope now.

All in all I certainly recommend this bad boy.

Did anyone else receive only 2 sets of the foam rods? I noticed mine were wet with the glue after install so I tossed them. I have one set left but 2 more screen protectors. I am wondering if the should have included 3 sets?

wonderrx

Apr 12, 2011
So 2 weeks in on mine and 1 week in on my sons Mowei and both have lifting in areas of the edges of the screen, we both use Spiegen tough armor kick stand cases.

Both phones have lifted up the case in the volume button area. We put no pressure on the screen when we installed.

We have Whitestones ordered to try.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
So 2 weeks in on mine and 1 week in on my sons Mowei and both have lifting in areas of the edges of the screen, we both use Spiegen tough armor kick stand cases.

Both phones have lifted up the case in the volume button area. We put no pressure on the screen when we installed.

We have Whitestones ordered to try.
After putting my case back on last night. I was worried about this. I use a Spigen case too. Seems like they need to make the margin just a little bit wider on the sides.

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
The fingerprint scanner is definitely not working as well as it was before the Mowei install. I had a TGSP on it before. I added the fingers again and didn't delete the old ones. Maybe that is throwing it off?

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
The fingerprint scanning is certainly worse after install. I didn't use weights per their recommendation. I think I will next time.

• Wow
Reactions: randylahey786

armandocorti

May 8, 2012
Santo Domingo
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Oh men, don't look other way. Go and buy the Whitestome dome. I had the rhino shield impact protection and was a nightmare with the fingerprint scanner and marks everywhere. But with whitestone my fingerprint scanner works like i don't have any screen protector installed. I messed up a little bit with the installation and i have a little bubble, but totally worth it.

zerodip

Sep 5, 2010
My Whitestone Dome came in the other day and as I was preparing to install it, I noticed it was missing the pin loader.

I've contacted them about it, hopefully I get a helpful reply back. I don't trust myself to install it without it, and for the price, shouldn't have to.

Izy

Decided to install the mocolo some micro bubbles that looks like really minor specks near where I applied the initial loco due to accidentally adding bubbles.

But not even noticeable with screen unless you specifically look for it while using bright lines on it with a dark background

Other than that seems very uniform I used 2 UV lights on it.

Touch feels great and fingerprint works perfectly the same

Swapped because my tpu seems to have lost its oleophobic coating already and I have replacement coating I can apply but better on glass

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
Hey,

Is there a TGSP that covers most of the screen available? Even for a different phone.

Still no Whitestone in Europe and I want to use the phone after the January update (whenever that may be).

Mattycee

My Whitestone Dome came in the other day and as I was preparing to install it, I noticed it was missing the pin loader.

I've contacted them about it, hopefully I get a helpful reply back. I don't trust myself to install it without it, and for the price, shouldn't have to.
Did they answer and if so has it been replaced and installed?

matlear

Jun 19, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi All, just ordered the Whitestone dome for my P6Pro, what case would you recommend? Currently have the original Google case and am worried about cases and how they fit due to the the cracking that people seem to be having on their screens.

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
I've heard some made for Samsung work, but in at least some of those cases they might have been Whitestone, too. Use the "Search This thread" button above this page of posts and search for Samsung or Galaxy, and see if you can find what folks said.
I did that, only found TPU :(

I wonder if using a TGSP for the regular P6 would be OK. Obviously, the screen is smaller but how much space would be left unprotected?

I can't seem to be able to find anything to protect my P6P. I have a TPU on it but it looks like cr*p (similar to the LK from Amazon). I don't wanna take the chance to use my new phone without any tempered glass screen protector.

Edit: I wonder if a TGSP for the Asus Zenfone 8 Flip might work? The screen is slightly smaller (6.67) but the phones are pretty much the same size. The Asus also has an under-display FPR.

comparison.png

I found this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Dision-Compatible-Protector-Shatter-proof-Accessories/dp/B0962VCP67 but there's no review. I wonder if the FPR would work with it.

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi All, just ordered the Whitestone dome for my P6Pro, what case would you recommend? Currently have the original Google case and am worried about cases and how they fit due to the the cracking that people seem to be having on their screens.
OtterBox Defender. For other case recommendations: (P6P case-specific threads)

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
Alright, it arrived today and seems like it's gonna be an OK fit size-wise. Don't wanna jinx it but I'm kinda expecting the fingerprint reader not to work though 😅

I'll report back.
Well, if you can believe it, the FPR actually works with this cheap TGSP!! Not 100% but it's good enough for a screen protector that's not even designed for the P6P.

The TGSP fits fine vertically, it's a little "floaty" on the sides but it doesn't interfere with my Spigen Rugged Armor case. It came in a pack of 3 so I still have 2 extras, just in case.

I guess this will do until I can find the Whitestone in Europe (if it's ever available here...).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I always get tempered glass because I don't like the feel of plastic...it's less smooth.

I usually order something off Amazon for like $12 and 9/10 times it works out fine. If it doesn't i leave a 1 star review and the seller refunds it. I only leave 1-2 stars when it's deserved.

Most of them are made by the same factory anyways. That's Amazon's biggest issue but like I said.. it works out fine 9/10 times. Just don't buy one with less than 50 reviews. No need to spend big for quality protection
    Haven't you started to develop spidering effect(s) at the edges?
    No neither of us have. We both also always keep our phones in the OtterBox Defender case, though.

I am also not looking for a $50 protector, cheap and no FP circle is what I am looking for

This is another good one. Lots of recommendations for it in several screen protector threads in this section. [3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass & 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G [Scratch & Impact Protection]
    anyone find one that doesnt have that stupid FP circle?
    I dont care if the FP reader works or not, I hate that circle
    I ordered one which I hope is fully adhesive. The USPS however lost the package. If it ever arrives, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    Just got Whitestone Dome for my Pixel 6 PRO, installed fine on first attempt. Looks like there is no protector at all. Works great, Fp scanner works without a hitch.
    anyone find one that doesnt have that stupid FP circle?
    I dont care if the FP reader works or not, I hate that circle
    My wife and I have both been using the Whitestone Dome for roughly five months without complaints. I use the fingerprint reader all the time - my wife uses a Pattern.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.