• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
I'm a tech YouTuber and have worked with Whitestone many times. I have bad new for you.

I reached to then and they have no plans to make the Dome Shield for the 6 Pro. That's direct from Whitestone.

Sucks because I've had the Pixel 6 Pro since last Wednesday and cant find a tempered glass worth using
Had you tried these two I linked to and ordered yet?
Found a couple more unknown to me brands tempered glass screen protectors on Amazon. No idea if either is the dot-matrix type, but the pictures don't show the (annoying to me) black edge.

$12.99 + check the 5% off box - ivoler [6 Pack] Screen Protector for Google Pixel 6 [4 Pack] with 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector Tempered Glass for Pixel 6 with Alignment Frame Easy Installation Anti-Scratch HD Clear Film, 6.4 inch

$14.99 - TAURI [2+2 Pack] Compatible with Google Pixel 6 Pro 5G 6.71 - inch, 2 Pack Flexible TPU Screen Protector + 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector Support Fingerprint Unlock Easy Installation Bubble Free

I ordered both while they're in stock, and I'll figure out which I'll try later and return what I didn't use.

EmmaHAARP

Nov 21, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I ordered this one: https://www.spigen.com/products/pixel-6-pro-screen-protector-neo-flex

I know Spigen makes great cases but never tried their screen protector. It's not tempered glass but it was (only) 11 euros on Amazon. In the worst case, if reviews are bad, I'll send it back.

Edit: read some reviews about the same ones for other phones, they don't seem great. I canceled my order for now. We'll see what becomes available next week.
Glad you did. I blew through mine fast on failed installs. Its a wet install and it looked cloudy.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I have looked around and while Olixar is not the best, it is more well established than the dozens of brands on Amazon with random all caps "branding"

SUPCASE, ELYCO, NEWZEROL, TAURI, TOCOL, Wuzixi, Boleyi, GMUJIAO etc

Once the phone has been out for a while, I can always replace it with something better that has been tested.
Hey now. Supcase has been around for a WHILE now. They make some damn good cases.

Reactions: galaxys

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Totally right, I contacted them both times for my pixel 4xl and 5 and they said not enough demand and they only focus on high end phones. So hopefully they do them for the 6s. I contacted them using the web form 3 days ago to ask the question if they would be making them. I really hope they do.

Contact us page
This sounds like bullshit to me, they offered Whitestone glass for both the Pixel 2xl and Pixel 3 and neither of them were high end.

Reactions: sgvjon

wildlime

Mar 2, 2014
I have the Spigen Neoflex applied to my test Pixel 6 Pro and it fits perfect. And for the case I went Ringke Matte.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_090443.jpg
    IMG_20211022_090443.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20211022_090141.jpg
    IMG_20211022_090141.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 334

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Argh. Amazon says the shipping for these both together is UPSN. Who is UPSN? I assume they're related to UPS but there's no tracking information available at all for the tracking number, which looks like a UPS #, and there's no UPSN listed in contact information Amazon provides. Was supposed to arrive yesterday (yes, I thought Sunday was crazy too, but I've gotten other things on Sundays). One of the following is out of stock now, so hopefully, it's not lost so I can properly evaluate which of the two I want to go with, if either.

Update: Now I've got some UPS tracking movement on this. I got an email from UPS saying these will arrive tomorrow, even though the actual tracking doesn't give an estimated delivery date, or even reflect being anywhere close to me.

Last edited:

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
I also have the TOCOL screen protector. Not as good as tempered glass but im very impressed with the fitting technique and the fact it covers the curved edges too.
I also ordered this one. How does it feel to the touch? Because it's not glass, right?

Was it easy to install? I couldn't find any screen protector for the 6P that offers an applicator frame and that's compatible with the fingerprint scanner.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

wilbur-force

Feb 23, 2009
Lancashire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I also ordered this one. How does it feel to the touch? Because it's not glass, right?

Was it easy to install? I couldn't find any screen protector for the 6P that offers an applicator frame and that's compatible with the fingerprint scanner.
Its not glass, it doesnt feel like glass, if a glass option comes along that fits I will get one.

However. It feels OK. it does have an applicator (a plastic clip that fits into the USB socket, and it fitted perfectly first time (there are two in the box). Definitely watch the video though. Whilst its easy to fit you have to do things in a certain order. It also covers the curved edges well. I did notice it lift slightly when i took the case off to add the SIM (should have done that first) but it has re-stuck perfectly well. For the money I think its pretty good to be honest. It also came with two tempered glass panels for the camera visor. they seemed to fit OK too.

Top Liked Posts

Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Amfilm comes with a little weight that is meant to be sat over the finger print sensor. I've also used it to push glue to a corner that would not take
    A few things about that:

Yes, it comes with a weight, and they also have bumps on the glass so it doesn't press down completely. Besides, a controlled weight is not someone pressing down unevenly with their finger. That's what ****s things up.

HOWEVER, they also don't make a LOCA protector for the P6P, just for the Samsung devices. The Samsungs have a different technology for the reader (Ultrasonic vs optical), which NEEDS a thinner layer of glue to work halfway decently. The Optical readers don't need that to work well.

As for pushing glue around, that's why you're supposed to wait 10-15 minutes for the glue to distribute. That's not supposed to happen when applied correctly.
    A few things about that:

Yes, it comes with a weight, and they also have bumps on the glass so it doesn't press down completely. Besides, a controlled weight is not someone pressing down unevenly with their finger. That's what ****s things up.

HOWEVER, they also don't make a LOCA protector for the P6P, just for the Samsung devices. The Samsungs have a different technology for the reader (Ultrasonic vs optical), which NEEDS a thinner layer of glue to work halfway decently. The Optical readers don't need that to work well.

As for pushing glue around, that's why you're supposed to wait 10-15 minutes for the glue to distribute. That's not supposed to happen when applied correctly.
    I've done like 9 or 10 and moved at least three of them either on purpose or inadvertently. If I waited 20 minutes and it hasn't reached every edge then I'm pressing it with a qtip to spread it.

Also not everyone that I have used has had a weight. Amfilm did. White stone did not. And in using those even the perfect ones have shown the webbing affect.

I think it comes down to YMMV, this isn't some exact science and I hate for someone to think they ruined the install simply because someone made a statement of "absolutely don't do this". I'm more keen on this is what's worked for me, do you. Because I pushed the glue to the edge of mine hasn't changed anything. It's still sitting pretty on a two year old phone. Just sharing my experience.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Some UV/LOCA options available in Amazon.

[3 Pack]Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector,Akcoo Liquid UV Tempered Glass [Full Screen Adhesive][Edge to edge coverage][Compatible with fingerprint sensor] for Pixel 6 Pro 6.7 inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KC72DWF/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_14JMRACG1BEFJSBPA2CH

2PCS Front UV Tempered Glass Screen Protector Compatible With Google Pixel 6 Pro,Full Cover Curved Clear UV Protective Film + UV Lamp + UV Glue Fit Google Pixel 6 Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LCFZFV1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_AQECNZXQPVDDXG98PEDT

I might order the second one. First one has a delivery set for January.
    I was nervous because it's a no name brand, but I think I can safely recommend the IMBZBK screen protector. It's my favorite so far after trying three.

I've tried:
    1. Supershieldz - great clarity, broke fingerprint sensor almost entirely. Sensor worked maybe 1/5 tries
    2. ArmorSuit - fingerprint sensor was almost instantaneous, but clarity was ****. Added a grainy type effect like this Amazon review explained
    3. IMBZBK - clarity back to like it was with Supershieldz, fingerprint is slower than ArmorSuit but no failures yet
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    I have the Spigen Neoflex applied to my test Pixel 6 Pro and it fits perfect. And for the case I went Ringke Matte.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected] via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,