Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
Searching for a full adhesive TGSP I stumbled upon this one on eBay and since it's relatively cheap I got a few to try.

It took a week to arrive and lo and behold - it's really a curved tempered glass screen protector with full adhesive layer and a black border on the sides.
It's a no name brand ( product number FHT013GPT ) but the quality is really good - the oleophobic coating is nice and there are no smudges left and the fingers glide easily.

Installation was a real pain though... Because of the curved edges you need to very carefully center it otherwise you'll get a thin and long air bubble alongside one of the sides.
There are no guide stickers in the kit so using some tape for alignment will certainly be advisable. I never had that many air bubbles getting trapped when installing a protector in the past and just pushing them out with a spudger did not do it this time. I had to press the protector in the middle with one hand while lifting the corners with a finger until it unglues past the air bubble and squeegee the air out while releasing the corner.

The end result is flawless which surprised me given all the lifting I had to do to remove the trapped air and, most of all, the fingerprint scanner works!!!
So far I have been using an Imak combo case and edge glued TGSP. The screen sensitivity, especially around the curved part, was horrible and the fingerprint scanner was not working.
Protection wise there was virtually no gap between the TGSP and the case. With this one the width is identical but there is a tiny gap of around 2mm only on the bottom.
It's almost unnoticeable but after using it for a week I see that it's enough to start accumulating some dust.

There's no cutout for the camera nor the glue is missing in that spot but there's no halo effect.
The image on the screen is probably clipped 1mm on each side by the black border.
That's better than the previously used Imak and certainly some branded ones I've used in the past.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product and the fact that the fingerprint scanner works.
This is by far my preferred option for screen protector at this time as I'm not a fan of the messy LOCA glue based ones.
Has anyone found this for the USA?

spr33

Jan 10, 2007
Staffordshire
Searching for a full adhesive TGSP I stumbled upon this one on eBay and since it's relatively cheap I got a few to try.

It took a week to arrive and lo and behold - it's really a curved tempered glass screen protector with full adhesive layer and a black border on the sides.
It's a no name brand ( product number FHT013GPT ) but the quality is really good - the oleophobic coating is nice and there are no smudges left and the fingers glide easily.

Installation was a real pain though... Because of the curved edges you need to very carefully center it otherwise you'll get a thin and long air bubble alongside one of the sides.
There are no guide stickers in the kit so using some tape for alignment will certainly be advisable. I never had that many air bubbles getting trapped when installing a protector in the past and just pushing them out with a spudger did not do it this time. I had to press the protector in the middle with one hand while lifting the corners with a finger until it unglues past the air bubble and squeegee the air out while releasing the corner.

The end result is flawless which surprised me given all the lifting I had to do to remove the trapped air and, most of all, the fingerprint scanner works!!!
So far I have been using an Imak combo case and edge glued TGSP. The screen sensitivity, especially around the curved part, was horrible and the fingerprint scanner was not working.
Protection wise there was virtually no gap between the TGSP and the case. With this one the width is identical but there is a tiny gap of around 2mm only on the bottom.
It's almost unnoticeable but after using it for a week I see that it's enough to start accumulating some dust.

There's no cutout for the camera nor the glue is missing in that spot but there's no halo effect.
The image on the screen is probably clipped 1mm on each side by the black border.
That's better than the previously used Imak and certainly some branded ones I've used in the past.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product and the fact that the fingerprint scanner works.
This is by far my preferred option for screen protector at this time as I'm not a fan of the messy LOCA glue based ones.
So, thank you for stumbling across this!

I'd used a similar one before on my OnePlus 7 Pro which was the best of a bad bunch.

I received mine this morning and I've just applied it. I've got 5 bubbles left which I can't seem to shift but the tip of picking the corner up and spudging the bubbles out worked really well and whilst the remaining 5 bubbles are a little annoying, I can live with them for now and have a decent glass protector covering my screen :)

I can confirm that fingerprint works fine and camera does seem unaffected but I rarely take selfies anyway :)

Edit: I had one last to at removing the remaining bubbles and it worked! I'm bubble free! I'll attempt to take some photos later.

Last edited:

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
So, thank you for stumbling across this!

I'd used a similar one before on my OnePlus 7 Pro which was the best of a bad bunch.

I received mine this morning and I've just applied it. I've got 5 bubbles left which I can't seem to shift but the tip of picking the corner up and spudging the bubbles out worked really well and whilst the remaining 5 bubbles are a little annoying, I can live with them for now and have a decent glass protector covering my screen :)

I can confirm that fingerprint works fine and camera does seem unaffected but I rarely take selfies anyway :)

Edit: I had one last to at removing the remaining bubbles and it worked! I'm bubble free! I'll attempt to take some photos later.
I can confirm it works I bought 3 wrecked the first one kinda worked the 2nd time and got a 3rd on way

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
Not a bad job the first one I had i cracked as I tried to loft it up ilp see how this goes and keep it on andnlive with the bubbles IMG_20220531_154241.jpg

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I started using the plastic screen protectors and have had no issues. Plus they are cheaper to purchase and replace. I have used glass ones in the past on previous phones with curved screens and the edges always start to peel back after a while and there is always dust and didn't that gets caught between the case and the glass.

This is the one I have.

Reactions: ajsmsg78

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
Well I cracked the corner but I think that might have been the case ilp leave it on there for now but it is a good screen protector fully glass and full glue just I messed it up

spr33

Jan 10, 2007
Staffordshire
How did you get it so flawless? Any advice/tips/tutorial?
I took tips from the person who first posted about it.

I managed to find a squeegee tool from and old screen protector and wherever there were bubbles left, I'd peel from the closest corner whilst holding down the centre of the protector. Once I'd gone past the bubbles, I'd make sure the squeegee tool was flat and covered the whole width of the screen and press down pretty hard until I'd gotten to the end of the phone.

Repeat that until all bubbles are gone. It does take a little while and may seem like you won't remove them all but if you make sure you cover the entire width whilst pressing out the bubbles you should be able to like we did.

Feel free to PM if you feel the need.

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
I took tips from the person who first posted about it.

I managed to find a squeegee tool from and old screen protector and wherever there were bubbles left, I'd peel from the closest corner whilst holding down the centre of the protector. Once I'd gone past the bubbles, I'd make sure the squeegee tool was flat and covered the whole width of the screen and press down pretty hard until I'd gotten to the end of the phone.

Repeat that until all bubbles are gone. It does take a little while and may seem like you won't remove them all but if you make sure you cover the entire width whilst pressing out the bubbles you should be able to like we did.

Feel free to PM if you feel the need.
Thanks mate. Broke one set trying to remove and realign. Ordered 2 more sets and will try again once they arrived.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
After seeing this i bought one, i have tried 3 glass ones so far and they have all be crap. Popped this on yesterday and it is very difficult to even know it is installed, very clear and very slippy.
My film protector started to peel yesterday so i stripped it off and put the second one on that was supplied and it is back to being super slippy again. Once again it went on bubble free and with no effort, if these film ones keep lasting 6 months a time I'll be more than happy.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
Took the other screen protector off and for the first time ever got the white stone screwed up the first one with a bubble and hadn't realised the protector moved down so was hanging over the edge and had already cured it got it off and did the 2nd 1 perfect apart from a black spot on top right somewhere I'll leave it be as I have dark mode on so shouldn't really see it

IMG_20220608_060546.jpgIMG_20220608_060551.jpg

Last edited:

winx14

Jan 28, 2011
I ordered this full adhesive glass screen protector (no ugly fingerprint circle, no UV glue) from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803470890794.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802IWR7wI

Notes:
• It took 2 weeks for shipment to USA.
• Alignment wasn't bad - just left the phone in my case to guide it.
• I would recommend ordering like 4-5 of them. First two had defects (not user error), but I got the third one looks perfect. Not sure about the last one, but it looks good from a glance.
• The bubbles were a little hard to get out. My strategy was to try to combine small bubbles into a bigger one and then shove them to the edge.

--Update (after 3 weeks)-- It cracked without a drop. Going back to film.

IMG_20220701_141525.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow

buddhafool

Jul 26, 2009
There is a lightning deal for a full adhesive glass screen protector good for four more hours. I might try it.
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com › Protecto...
Amazon.com: [3 Pack] Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector,Akcoo Liquid UV ...

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
There is a lightning deal for a full adhesive glass screen protector good for four more hours. I might try it.
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com › Protecto...
Amazon.com: [3 Pack] Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector,Akcoo Liquid UV ...
Glue always gets into the speaker grill. Last time that happened, I couldn't hear through the grill. Garbage product. I have never been able to successfully cover the grill well enough to prevent this from happening.

Reactions: buddhafool

buddhafool

Jul 26, 2009
Glue always gets into the speaker grill. Last time that happened, I couldn't hear through the grill. Garbage product. I have never been able to successfully cover the grill well enough to prevent this from happening.
Good to know, I appreciate it! How do get the glue off when this happens?

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
My film protector started to peel yesterday so i stripped it off and put the second one on that was supplied and it is back to being super slippy again. Once again it went on bubble free and with no effort, if these film ones keep lasting 6 months a time I'll be more than happy.

II'm using the same ones and find them great, sometimes it looks like you have a large scratch and when you lift it the next morning it has dissapeared.

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
This may sound silly but I got the Whitestone dome in February and, after all this time, I still haven't installed it. I watched the installation video several times but some comments kinda scare me! Like what if I screw up and mess up the phone by having LOCA everywhere?! (like in the ear piece)

I guess there's still no regular tempered glass for the P6P that works with the fingerprint sensor?

Reactions: gie62001

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
This may sound silly but I got the Whitestone dome in February and, after all this time, I still haven't installed it. I watched the installation video several times but some comments kinda scare me! Like what if I screw up and mess up the phone by having LOCA everywhere?! (like in the ear piece)

I guess there's still no regular tempered glass for the P6P that works with the fingerprint sensor?
No regular tempered glass that will work with fingerprint sensor that I know of. Just take your time, cover the openings and you should be fine.

Top Liked Posts