• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

crucialcolin

Jun 14, 2012
There have been early reports of screen protectors blocking the display fingerprint sensor from working elsewhere. Seems like a number of them have already been pulled from the market.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
Yea I got one of the curved glass ones and the Fingerprint Reader doesn't work, item now not for sale on amazon.
I suppose they only had space models or cad drawings to go on before release.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I can report that with the Oxilar tempered glass screen protector the fingerprint sensor does not work. Getting an amFilm tempered glass screen protector in a couple of days and will report back on how that one does.
You need a UV glue glass screen protector. That will work fine with an optical reader but noone seems to be making one for the P6P!

Reactions: stetre76

sgvjon

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
GT-i9250
HTC Dragon
What do you think iswrong with the Spigen neoflex? I dont mind it as an early screen protector.
Using the supplied squeegee, it left terrible marks all over the screen. So I thought, ok their squeegee sucks balls, I'll try the other tpu with the og method with a hard card covered with cloth. Same result, marks and scratches all over. Mind you I used the whole bottle of liquid for both.
I didn't even attempt the LK one because they gave the same exact 'squeegee' which was weird. But I did use the camera tgsp they include and so far no problems with a Spigen case and taking pictures.

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
Using the supplied squeegee, it left terrible marks all over the screen. So I thought, ok their squeegee sucks balls, I'll try the other tpu with the og method with a hard card covered with cloth. Same result, marks and scratches all over. Mind you I used the whole bottle of liquid for both.
I didn't even attempt the LK one because they gave the same exact 'squeegee' which was weird. But I did use the camera tgsp they include and so far no problems with a Spigen case and taking pictures.
I used a few squirts of liquid and worked the bubbles out with their squeegy. There were a few marks and it was pretty cloudy but both disappeared in an hour or so once it was all dried. The fit is decent. It has same compromises as most film protectors have - slightly rubber and very slight orange peel look when viewed from acute angle but it is pretty solid first screen protector for me.

sgvjon

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
GT-i9250
HTC Dragon
I used a few squirts of liquid and worked the bubbles out with their squeegy. There were a few marks and it was pretty cloudy but both disappeared in an hour or so once it was all dried. The fit is decent. It has same compromises as most film protectors have - slightly rubber and very slight orange peel look when viewed from acute angle but it is pretty solid first screen protector for me.
Ah... I did not bother waiting that long. I waited about 5-15 minutes for each.
Also, I should mention that the one from Skinomi, they also give the same squeegee. I just like how theirs is so easy to get right with no liquid.

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
Ah... I did not bother waiting that long. I waited about 5-15 minutes for each.
Also, I should mention that the one from Skinomi, they also give the same squeegee. I just like how theirs is so easy to get right with no liquid.
Screen protectors like the neoflex that are wet install dry clearer than they go on. They also self heal to a pretty high degree. Like today I was trying out the Razer Kishi and folded up one of the corners of the Spigen pretty badly, it went back on and rehealed no problem. Wouldn't be my first choice of protector style but this one is working out OK for me for a while. I would be happy to have it on for weeks or months until something better comes along.

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
I'm using the Skinomi tpu. Flawless installation process, but I'd much rather have a tgsp.

Don't try the spigen one it's crap. Same as the one from LK
I've just applied the Spigen NeoFlex Optical Film and it works flawlessly on my P6 Pro - bought from Amazon UK for £11.99. I briefly tested a TGSP with the adhesive on the edges and that was really terrible.

With these film type protectors, It is all about the application (I have applied plenty of wet screen protectors). One must then be patient and wait a day or so - all the water and bubbles (if any) magically disappear. I have a flawless application, even the slightly curved edges have adhered perfectly and its' crystal clear. Touchscreen works just fine, as does the optical fingerprint reader. IQ Shield also have a similar offering for the P6P but I couldn't find any listing in the UK and didn't fancy waiting for it to arrive from the US after paying $26 with postage.

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've just applied the Spigen NeoFlex Optical Film and it works flawlessly on my P6 Pro - bought from Amazon UK for £11.99. I briefly tested a TGSP with the adhesive on the edges and that was really terrible.

With these film type protectors, It is all about the application (I have applied plenty of wet screen protectors). One must then be patient and wait a day or so - all the water and bubbles (if any) magically disappear. I have a flawless application, even the slightly curved edges have adhered perfectly and its' crystal clear. Touchscreen works just fine, as does the optical fingerprint reader. IQ Shield also have a similar offering for the P6P but I couldn't find any listing in the UK and didn't fancy waiting for it to arrive from the US after paying $26 with postage.
Do you happen to have the Amazon UK link for it by any chance?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After watching the WhitestoneDome remove their UV screen protector off the pixel 6 pro, and comparing it to my experience with the removing the Mocolo TGSP from AliExpress, it's very evident that the Mocolo adhesive glue is very bad. I was able to remove the Mocolo one with my Pinky finger nail - and it lifted up with incredible ease. But after watching Whitestone, it should actually be more difficult to remove a UV cured screen protector.

Goes to show, the Mocolo one has bad glue adhesion.
    Just take it off. It's no problem. The glue that comes in the packet is so bad you can remove it from the glass and install again, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I use actual LOCA on all my installs, which, contrary to some posts here, removes just fine, but require more finesse installing. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2ZLB5O
    Installed the Mowei last night and man it is great. I might have slightly decreased fingerprint reading, however, hard to really gauge as it is under a microscope now.

All in all I certainly recommend this bad boy.

Did anyone else receive only 2 sets of the foam rods? I noticed mine were wet with the glue after install so I tossed them. I have one set left but 2 more screen protectors. I am wondering if the should have included 3 sets?
    Installed the mowei and initially was quite pleased with it. Looked great, pretty easy install. But man, the fingerprint sensor or rather the degrade in ease of use is driving me nuts! I've re-registered my prints several times already to no avail. I've had to hold my finger down for what seems significantly longer in order for it read. From several posts, it sounds like i should take it off and reinstall and weigh down the fps area using coins?
    My Mowei and the fingerprint sensor is still working well after installing it on Dec. 8. I didn't use any weights, and for what it's worth, I got an email from Mowei saying to not use any weights and that's why they didn't include a weight in the package.

But if adding a weight worked for other people, couldn't hurt I guess. Also making sure you cured it for the recommended time.
    Time for New Years.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    I have ordered the same about a week or 2 ago and am awaiting its arrival. Think I posted about it in another screen protector thread and not this one (hard to keep up with all the different threads 😜). I will also report back on how it goes when it arrives.
    Ended up ordering these. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass and 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LDF5C8...abc_2MBCCWPCD3GZPJDNV7Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Ok, got the screen protectors today. Things went fairly well except for 1 very tiny bubble that is barely noticeable so I went with it.

I followed the instructions in the video provided by a QR code for the most part. The video is for another phone so I just ignored the part about removing the fingerprint sticker as there isn't one on this protector. I also did not use a weight. Not sure if that would have helped with that 1 very tiny bubble or not.

Instead of using their stickers to cover up the speakers, etc., I used electrical tape. That stuck much better than the provided stickers. Covered up both top and bottom speakers, volume buttons and sim card tray.

The tray is pretty nice. It really leveled out the phone so no problem with the camera bar. Inserted the provided foam cushions on 3 of the sides and the phone fit very snug and well in there.

The protector fit fairly well also. It's a bit smaller than the actual screen (similar to all the other ones I've tried), but that allows it to not interfere with a case coming on or off (in my case Spigen Tough Armor). With the case on it's pretty much covering everything exposed.

Front facing camera is working fine. Touch is working fine.

And the fingerprint sensor? Well, that is working fine as well 😀. Am finally able to use it (been using a non-LOCA TGSP so haven't been able to use it till now). I enrolled both thumbs and so far each time the sensor has worked and fairly quickly. Only enrolled each thumb once. (Btw, checked to see if any of my other non-enrolled fingerprints could unlock it as has been reported a bit and they could not.)

So in conclusion, based on my experience alone, I would recommend this protector. It comes with 3 screen protectors and 2 camera protectors (which I did not use). Also comes with 3 "bottles/viles" of LOCA, 2 sets of absorption cushions for the sides, 5 packs of wet/dry cloths and stickers, tray, and a UV light.

All in all I'm pretty happy with it so far (it's only been about an hour since installation). Now just need to run that adb command so each time I touch the phone the screen doesn't wake 🙃.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected] via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,