• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread

crucialcolin

Jun 14, 2012
There have been early reports of screen protectors blocking the display fingerprint sensor from working elsewhere. Seems like a number of them have already been pulled from the market.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

mikemod

Feb 3, 2008
Yea I got one of the curved glass ones and the Fingerprint Reader doesn't work, item now not for sale on amazon.
I suppose they only had space models or cad drawings to go on before release.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I can report that with the Oxilar tempered glass screen protector the fingerprint sensor does not work. Getting an amFilm tempered glass screen protector in a couple of days and will report back on how that one does.
You need a UV glue glass screen protector. That will work fine with an optical reader but noone seems to be making one for the P6P!

Reactions: stetre76

sgvjon

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
GT-i9250
HTC Dragon
What do you think iswrong with the Spigen neoflex? I dont mind it as an early screen protector.
Using the supplied squeegee, it left terrible marks all over the screen. So I thought, ok their squeegee sucks balls, I'll try the other tpu with the og method with a hard card covered with cloth. Same result, marks and scratches all over. Mind you I used the whole bottle of liquid for both.
I didn't even attempt the LK one because they gave the same exact 'squeegee' which was weird. But I did use the camera tgsp they include and so far no problems with a Spigen case and taking pictures.

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
Using the supplied squeegee, it left terrible marks all over the screen. So I thought, ok their squeegee sucks balls, I'll try the other tpu with the og method with a hard card covered with cloth. Same result, marks and scratches all over. Mind you I used the whole bottle of liquid for both.
I didn't even attempt the LK one because they gave the same exact 'squeegee' which was weird. But I did use the camera tgsp they include and so far no problems with a Spigen case and taking pictures.
I used a few squirts of liquid and worked the bubbles out with their squeegy. There were a few marks and it was pretty cloudy but both disappeared in an hour or so once it was all dried. The fit is decent. It has same compromises as most film protectors have - slightly rubber and very slight orange peel look when viewed from acute angle but it is pretty solid first screen protector for me.

sgvjon

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
GT-i9250
HTC Dragon
I used a few squirts of liquid and worked the bubbles out with their squeegy. There were a few marks and it was pretty cloudy but both disappeared in an hour or so once it was all dried. The fit is decent. It has same compromises as most film protectors have - slightly rubber and very slight orange peel look when viewed from acute angle but it is pretty solid first screen protector for me.
Ah... I did not bother waiting that long. I waited about 5-15 minutes for each.
Also, I should mention that the one from Skinomi, they also give the same squeegee. I just like how theirs is so easy to get right with no liquid.

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
Ah... I did not bother waiting that long. I waited about 5-15 minutes for each.
Also, I should mention that the one from Skinomi, they also give the same squeegee. I just like how theirs is so easy to get right with no liquid.
Screen protectors like the neoflex that are wet install dry clearer than they go on. They also self heal to a pretty high degree. Like today I was trying out the Razer Kishi and folded up one of the corners of the Spigen pretty badly, it went back on and rehealed no problem. Wouldn't be my first choice of protector style but this one is working out OK for me for a while. I would be happy to have it on for weeks or months until something better comes along.

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
I'm using the Skinomi tpu. Flawless installation process, but I'd much rather have a tgsp.

Don't try the spigen one it's crap. Same as the one from LK
I've just applied the Spigen NeoFlex Optical Film and it works flawlessly on my P6 Pro - bought from Amazon UK for £11.99. I briefly tested a TGSP with the adhesive on the edges and that was really terrible.

With these film type protectors, It is all about the application (I have applied plenty of wet screen protectors). One must then be patient and wait a day or so - all the water and bubbles (if any) magically disappear. I have a flawless application, even the slightly curved edges have adhered perfectly and its' crystal clear. Touchscreen works just fine, as does the optical fingerprint reader. IQ Shield also have a similar offering for the P6P but I couldn't find any listing in the UK and didn't fancy waiting for it to arrive from the US after paying $26 with postage.

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've just applied the Spigen NeoFlex Optical Film and it works flawlessly on my P6 Pro - bought from Amazon UK for £11.99. I briefly tested a TGSP with the adhesive on the edges and that was really terrible.

With these film type protectors, It is all about the application (I have applied plenty of wet screen protectors). One must then be patient and wait a day or so - all the water and bubbles (if any) magically disappear. I have a flawless application, even the slightly curved edges have adhered perfectly and its' crystal clear. Touchscreen works just fine, as does the optical fingerprint reader. IQ Shield also have a similar offering for the P6P but I couldn't find any listing in the UK and didn't fancy waiting for it to arrive from the US after paying $26 with postage.
Do you happen to have the Amazon UK link for it by any chance?

Top Liked Posts

OK, so I bought from eBay the linked TGSP (from pages ago) that has the solid blob of glue over the fingerprint reader. It was like 3 protectors for $16 USD

So I pulled off the armorsuit tpu, and put on the glass, squished the blob down hard for a minute, increased touch sensitivity in settings, and added another fingerprint with the glass in place. The fingerprint reader works nearly 9/10 times. Good enough.

Was it worth it...?

It all comes down to personal preference in benefits vs risk, advantages vs disadvantages.
    For me, tonight -- because I reserve the right to change my mind! -- the obvious drawback of having a noticeable circular aberration is tempered by the added insurance of screen protection. Some of you may argue that's any TGSP is excessive or unnecessary, but I've had various shattered <$10 screen protectors convince me otherwise. For me, the better question is whether TPU is good enough, and I have an LK TPU ready to go should I indeed tire of noticing the blob. Which brings me to my answer, which is admittedly swayed by the novelty of having this product on for the duration of typing this post...

The answer for me is YES.
    For now.
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    L4k tpu arrived today from Amazon UK. A month earlier than originally forecast .
    Usual easy installation and can't tell it's there once fitted.
    I used these on my umi and they are pretty solid as far as tpu protectors go.
    Came with a glass camera lens. Not sure I'll use that.
    PXL_20211105_172229314.jpg
    I was nervous because it's a no name brand, but I think I can safely recommend the IMBZBK screen protector. It's my favorite so far after trying three.

I've tried:
    1. Supershieldz - great clarity, broke fingerprint sensor almost entirely. Sensor worked maybe 1/5 tries
    2. ArmorSuit - fingerprint sensor was almost instantaneous, but clarity was ****. Added a grainy type effect like this Amazon review explained
    3. IMBZBK - clarity back to like it was with Supershieldz, fingerprint is slower than ArmorSuit but no failures yet
    Well, I don't carry diamonds in my pocket. Keys, yes; a lighter maybe based on the party. :)

The LK TPU protector mentioned a few times is the bomb. After a day, I can't tell it is on the screen. Finger glides across just fine. FPR works fine. No blur. Easy installation.
    Bought last week this one https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/10...er_id=c48d9edf02c84f368fef07df4672e3c5&is_c=N

It works flawless,feels also really good and it works with the fingerprint reader.
    It's maybe a millimeter or a half to small but that's okay
    Here a small video how it works with the fingerprint reader.
    Why? It blows my mind...
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I would want to add you to my ignore list.
    I have the Spigen Neoflex applied to my test Pixel 6 Pro and it fits perfect. And for the case I went Ringke Matte.
    Hello all -
    I've been following this thread closely as quality tempered glass screen protectors are important to me. P6P will be my first curved screen, so I was disappointed to learn that it's a pain to find quality glass protectors for them.

I sent an inquiry to Whitstone Dome 1 week ago asking about availability for P6P screen protectors. They just now responded to me that they should release a product in mid-January 2022.

E-mail:

Whitestone Dome Support [email protected] via gorgias.io​

8:04 PM (0 minutes ago)
    to me

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Pixel 6 / 6 pro will be launched on Mid Jan, 2022

Thank you,