Question Pixel 6 Pro screen protector

Search This thread
Searching for a full adhesive TGSP I stumbled upon this one on eBay and since it's relatively cheap I got a few to try.

It took a week to arrive and lo and behold - it's really a curved tempered glass screen protector with full adhesive layer and a black border on the sides.
It's a no name brand ( product number FHT013GPT ) but the quality is really good - the oleophobic coating is nice and there are no smudges left and the fingers glide easily.

Installation was a real pain though... Because of the curved edges you need to very carefully center it otherwise you'll get a thin and long air bubble alongside one of the sides.
There are no guide stickers in the kit so using some tape for alignment will certainly be advisable. I never had that many air bubbles getting trapped when installing a protector in the past and just pushing them out with a spudger did not do it this time. I had to press the protector in the middle with one hand while lifting the corners with a finger until it unglues past the air bubble and squeegee the air out while releasing the corner.

The end result is flawless which surprised me given all the lifting I had to do to remove the trapped air and, most of all, the fingerprint scanner works!!!
So far I have been using an Imak combo case and edge glued TGSP. The screen sensitivity, especially around the curved part, was horrible and the fingerprint scanner was not working.
Protection wise there was virtually no gap between the TGSP and the case. With this one the width is identical but there is a tiny gap of around 2mm only on the bottom.
It's almost unnoticeable but after using it for a week I see that it's enough to start accumulating some dust.

There's no cutout for the camera nor the glue is missing in that spot but there's no halo effect.
The image on the screen is probably clipped 1mm on each side by the black border.
That's better than the previously used Imak and certainly some branded ones I've used in the past.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product and the fact that the fingerprint scanner works.
This is by far my preferred option for screen protector at this time as I'm not a fan of the messy LOCA glue based ones.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_222906289.jpg
    PXL_20220226_222906289.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20220226_222916361.jpg
    PXL_20220226_222916361.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 242
  • viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-084.jpg
    viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-084.jpg
    634.5 KB · Views: 217
  • viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-444.jpg
    viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-444.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 216
  • viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-655.jpg
    viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-11-655.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 224
  • viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-12-045.jpg
    viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-12-045.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 222
  • viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-12-843.jpg
    viber_image_2022-02-27_00-31-12-843.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
Whitestone has spidered in a corner now on three different protectors. I'm getting it on perfectly so perhaps my phone as abnormal edges? I'm so disappointed as it only lasts about a week or so before this happens.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT
I guess because I carry my phone in a beltclip case (turtleback), I don't worry about the screen. I've had smartphones since my first one, Dell Streak 5, and because it is a glass screen, I've never bothered with a screen protector. Yeah, accidents are what they are, but I try to treat them like the EXPENSIVE piece of electronics, that they are.

Reactions: jcp2

d0x360

Mar 11, 2009
I always get tempered glass because I don't like the feel of plastic...it's less smooth.

I usually order something off Amazon for like $12 and 9/10 times it works out fine. If it doesn't i leave a 1 star review and the seller refunds it. I only leave 1-2 stars when it's deserved.

Most of them are made by the same factory anyways. That's Amazon's biggest issue but like I said.. it works out fine 9/10 times. Just don't buy one with less than 50 reviews. No need to spend big for quality protection

mkhcb

Nov 2, 2012
Searching for a full adhesive TGSP I stumbled upon this one on eBay and since it's relatively cheap I got a few to try.

It took a week to arrive and lo and behold - it's really a curved tempered glass screen protector with full adhesive layer and a black border on the sides.
It's a no name brand ( product number FHT013GPT ) but the quality is really good - the oleophobic coating is nice and there are no smudges left and the fingers glide easily.

Installation was a real pain though... Because of the curved edges you need to very carefully center it otherwise you'll get a thin and long air bubble alongside one of the sides.
There are no guide stickers in the kit so using some tape for alignment will certainly be advisable. I never had that many air bubbles getting trapped when installing a protector in the past and just pushing them out with a spudger did not do it this time. I had to press the protector in the middle with one hand while lifting the corners with a finger until it unglues past the air bubble and squeegee the air out while releasing the corner.

The end result is flawless which surprised me given all the lifting I had to do to remove the trapped air and, most of all, the fingerprint scanner works!!!
So far I have been using an Imak combo case and edge glued TGSP. The screen sensitivity, especially around the curved part, was horrible and the fingerprint scanner was not working.
Protection wise there was virtually no gap between the TGSP and the case. With this one the width is identical but there is a tiny gap of around 2mm only on the bottom.
It's almost unnoticeable but after using it for a week I see that it's enough to start accumulating some dust.

There's no cutout for the camera nor the glue is missing in that spot but there's no halo effect.
The image on the screen is probably clipped 1mm on each side by the black border.
That's better than the previously used Imak and certainly some branded ones I've used in the past.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product and the fact that the fingerprint scanner works.
This is by far my preferred option for screen protector at this time as I'm not a fan of the messy LOCA glue based ones.
I wish I can find this somewhere. My LOCA one has a spidering effect on the edge of the screen which is really bothering me. If you know of a US link for this, please lmk!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
anyone find one that doesnt have that stupid FP circle?
I dont care if the FP reader works or not, I hate that circle
My wife and I have both been using the Whitestone Dome for roughly five months without complaints. I use the fingerprint reader all the time - my wife uses a Pattern.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Haven't you started to develop spidering effect(s) at the edges?
No neither of us have. We both also always keep our phones in the OtterBox Defender case, though.

I am also not looking for a $50 protector, cheap and no FP circle is what I am looking for

This is another good one. Lots of recommendations for it in several screen protector threads in this section. [3+2 Pack] for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector [Support Fingerprint Unlocking] 3x 3D Curved Tempered Glass & 2x Camera Lens Protector for Pixel 6 Pro 5G [Scratch & Impact Protection]

Top Liked Posts