• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen sensitivity issue, maybe?

Search This thread

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
I had the 4 XL from release until I got the 6 Pro a few weeks ago and all the styluses I have and even my finger will often click an item or link instead of scrolling the page up or down. Never saw this on the 4 XL.

No, I don't have a screen protector.

Last edited:

KornY10

Jun 12, 2013
Yeah, have this too. If I want to go a page back it sometimes goes two steps back and the vibration Motor counts 2 times instead of 1 time. Very bad feeling. So if I'm in a Signal or WhatsApp conversation and I want to go back to main window I land on my desktop. That Happens a lot to me and I can't find an option for this. Sometimes on pages where I wanna get down I also click on links. Same thing like you.

KornY10

Jun 12, 2013
Happens every 5 to 8 times. It's not so cool. I reduced the sensitivity of gesture's. Don't know.

Reactions: Tanquen

stanleybb50

Dec 24, 2012
I had the 4 XL from release until I got the 6 Pro a few weeks ago and all the styluses I have and even my finger will often click an item or link instead of scrolling the page up or down. Never saw this on the 4 XL.
Also having this issue and just thought my thumb was dry with the colder weather at first, but I discover it happening ALL the time.. Changed settings, etc to no avail.

stanleybb50

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, have this too. If I want to go a page back it sometimes goes two steps back and the vibration Motor counts 2 times instead of 1 time. Very bad feeling. So if I'm in a Signal or WhatsApp conversation and I want to go back to main window I land on my desktop. That Happens a lot to me and I can't find an option for this. Sometimes on pages where I wanna get down I also click on links. Same thing like you.
👆 Exactly

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
No problem like that for me. Do you have a screen protector?
Nope, no screen protector. I've been pretty lucky and never really scratched my screens. I've tried the hard class and the film type protectors in the past but I'm old enough now. I think I'll just get a new phone if I really scratch it. It's so much nicer using the phone without a case or screen protector. I just use the lens cloth pouch when I put it in my pocket.

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Seems good to go... couldn't replicate it.📱
I don't know what to tell you guys. It happens a couple times a day. I might be able to go a day without it happening. Maybe the rounded edges are touching my hand at the same time. I'm using my other finger or stylus or something. I don't know. All I know is none of the other phones I had and I've had basically every single Google phone, didn't do this that I can remember.

Reactions: galaxys

KornY10

Jun 12, 2013
Google support couldn't help. I recognize that I had enabled the dev. options Window animation scale to 0.5 to speed up things. So I disabled the developer options and set everything back to 1.0 . This helped a little bit because of the slow speed of animations. But I recognize the vibration motor often to count 2 times instead of 1. But with slow speed in animations its not so critical. But if you say u don't have it... Just join Gmail and swipe back, 20 times, I think u recognize maybe one or two times that the vibration counts 2 times, you will feel it. Just try it. But with everything on standard you will maybe not see this problem but you will feel it. I hope it's a software thing.

Reactions: Tanquen

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
yeah I have the same at times although not that often, it seems to occur when you are clicking on something on the rounded edge, I was clicking on something the other day and it bumped me to home in the browser, and I don't believe I clicked near the home button, zoomed in on the page and then was fine

Reactions: KornY10

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
I see it when just scrolling in news feeds. It will randomly open the link where I totally clicked and dragged. My 4XL never did this and it had a screen protector. It did not work well with a stylus until using the Increase Touch Sensitivity setting. I tried it on the 6 Pro just to see and it did not help. :(

Reactions: stanleybb50

leafar1606

Nov 20, 2012
Same story, the screen is too sensitive although the setting for it is off. It's highlighting the text or hitting the links while scrolling in browser or Amazon or anywhere else. I have hydrogel screen protector installed. Very annoying.

Reactions: stanleybb50

stanleybb50

Dec 24, 2012
I see it when just scrolling in news feeds. It will randomly open the link where I totally clicked and dragged. My 4XL never did this and it had a screen protector. It did not work well with a stylus until using the Increase Touch Sensitivity setting. I tried it on the 6 Pro just to see and it did not help. :(
Yes! This!

stanleybb50

Dec 24, 2012
Same story, the screen is too sensitive although the setting for it is off. It's highlighting the text or hitting the links while scrolling in browser or Amazon or anywhere else. I have hydrogel screen protector installed. Very annoying.
And this.

Even effects typing.. I actually just tried increasing the touch sensitivity and it helps slightly. (I have *no screen protector on my 6P)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm unable to replicate this
    Happens every 5 to 8 times. It's not so cool. I reduced the sensitivity of gesture's. Don't know.
    I don't know what to tell you guys. It happens a couple times a day. I might be able to go a day without it happening. Maybe the rounded edges are touching my hand at the same time. I'm using my other finger or stylus or something. I don't know. All I know is none of the other phones I had and I've had basically every single Google phone, didn't do this that I can remember.
    Google support couldn't help. I recognize that I had enabled the dev. options Window animation scale to 0.5 to speed up things. So I disabled the developer options and set everything back to 1.0 . This helped a little bit because of the slow speed of animations. But I recognize the vibration motor often to count 2 times instead of 1. But with slow speed in animations its not so critical. But if you say u don't have it... Just join Gmail and swipe back, 20 times, I think u recognize maybe one or two times that the vibration counts 2 times, you will feel it. Just try it. But with everything on standard you will maybe not see this problem but you will feel it. I hope it's a software thing.