• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro screen sensitivity issue, maybe?

Search This thread

stanleybb50

Dec 24, 2012
Knock on wood, but I installed the latest update and I haven't experienced the issue since. Fingers crossed! 🤞🍻

eijnaix

Mar 25, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I remember there is a setting on the developer options that says forced frame rate to max and increase sensibility touch. Maybe you can try that and see if it helps.

I personally dislike the idea of variable frame rates just to save battery life and since I sit in office all day long doesn't really make a difference to me. I had it turn on since day one with all animation set to to 0.5 as well. No issues for me with screen sensitivity and yes I do have a TPU clear screen attached on with no fingerprint issue

Last edited:

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Mine's having a fit today and doing it a lot. I don't know if it was the recent update just in the last day or so. I wonder if some screens are just not adjusted correctly at the factory in some way. It's acting like there's a screen protector on it and I have to use the enhanced sensitivity for screen protector setting just to get it to act normal-ish. But the momentary inconsistency of contact still causes lots of clicks to open other pages instead of scrolling through the news feed. I've been very deliberate but still it treats it as a click. Oftentimes instead of a click and drag to scroll through the feed.

CamboGT

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi,
I found your post because I have the same issue.
I went into System>>>Languages & Input>>>Pointer Speed
I dropped the setting down to a quarter.
This instantly transformed my phone. Even the fingerprint sensor is working better.
Play around with the setting to get it exactly how you want it.
I hope this helps. Before I turned this down, the phone felt uncomfortable, I couldn't scroll without selecting a bunch of text or opening links. It made the phone feel rubbish and I would often use my old phone to scroll thru news feeds.
BTW I don't have a screen protector and all my animation speeds are standard. I have the 'increase touch sensitivity' in Display settings OFF.

Edit: The swipe texting is actually usable as well now. Before it would type any old words and now it is much, much more accurate. I've had the phone for a couple of weeks now and I just was not impressed, but now it really feels like a new phone, an amazing phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm unable to replicate this
    Happens every 5 to 8 times. It's not so cool. I reduced the sensitivity of gesture's. Don't know.
    Seems good to go... couldn't replicate it.📱
    Seems good to go... couldn't replicate it.📱
    I don't know what to tell you guys. It happens a couple times a day. I might be able to go a day without it happening. Maybe the rounded edges are touching my hand at the same time. I'm using my other finger or stylus or something. I don't know. All I know is none of the other phones I had and I've had basically every single Google phone, didn't do this that I can remember.
    Google support couldn't help. I recognize that I had enabled the dev. options Window animation scale to 0.5 to speed up things. So I disabled the developer options and set everything back to 1.0 . This helped a little bit because of the slow speed of animations. But I recognize the vibration motor often to count 2 times instead of 1. But with slow speed in animations its not so critical. But if you say u don't have it... Just join Gmail and swipe back, 20 times, I think u recognize maybe one or two times that the vibration counts 2 times, you will feel it. Just try it. But with everything on standard you will maybe not see this problem but you will feel it. I hope it's a software thing.