• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 pro screen won't wake up in the dark

Search This thread
Apr 12, 2011
ca
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My screen/display won't wake when I pick up my phone and tap on the screen with my finger in the dark. I have to press the power button to wake it up. Both "Tap to check phone" and "Lift to check phone" are On. Has anyone else seen this problem?

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
Pocket detection with proximity & light sensors giving you a false positive in the dark

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Bedtime Mode & DnD deactivate a host of features, like AoD and other sensors. Did you check if those are active whenever you face these issues?

Apr 12, 2011
ca
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Both are off.

Just saw this in the list of issues fixed in the December update, hopefully this is reason.

Fix for issue preventing lift to wake and double tap to wake in certain conditions *[1].
Fix for issue preventing Always-on-display from turning on in certain conditions *[1].

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Both are off.

Just saw this in the list of issues fixed in the December update, hopefully this is reason.

Fix for issue preventing lift to wake and double tap to wake in certain conditions *[1].
    Fix for issue preventing Always-on-display from turning on in certain conditions *[1].