• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 Pro SOT

Search This thread

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm got 6 hours 40 minutes SOT with 16% battery yesterday with pretty much everything activated: AOD, Now Playing, Double Tap Back, live wallpaper, screen attention, haptics, google hotword detection, life to wake, tape to wake. All things that could be turned off to try and save that little bit extra battery.

The flip side is I do keep my screen brightness fairly low in general so that will help extend battery life.

This was the first day so YMMV. I am using AccuBattery so over the first week I'm going to keep an eye on the cycles and see how the figures average out. so far it says:

11.7% per hour Screen on usage
1.7% per hour Screen off usage
8 hours 31 minutes SOT estimated over full battery discharge
57 hours 14 minutes Screen off battery time over full battery discharge
combined

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-105732.png
    Screenshot_20211027-105732.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 263

henihazbay

I'm got 6 hours 40 minutes SOT with 16% battery yesterday with pretty much everything activated: AOD, Now Playing, Double Tap Back, live wallpaper, screen attention, haptics, google hotword detection, life to wake, tape to wake. All things that could be turned off to try and save that little bit extra battery.

The flip side is I do keep my screen brightness fairly low in general so that will help extend battery life.

This was the first day so YMMV. I am using AccuBattery so over the first week I'm going to keep an eye on the cycles and see how the figures average out. so far it says:

11.7% per hour Screen on usage
1.7% per hour Screen off usage
8 hours 31 minutes SOT estimated over full battery discharge
57 hours 14 minutes Screen off battery time over full battery discharge
combined
hmmm i was happy until i saw the screen light caveat.

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Yeah, it's early to say to be honest but it wasn't like I was at minimum brightness. I was indoors so maybe half brightness for a lot of the time.

Day one the phone is doing a lot in the background as well so it takes a few days for things to settle.

If I were to guess, I don't think it will be a battery champ, but conversely I don't think it would be fair to say it has bad battery life either. This is all fully stock too so once we get custom kernels and ROMs I can imagine battery performance improving

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, it's early to say to be honest but it wasn't like I was at minimum brightness. I was indoors so maybe half brightness for a lot of the time.

Day one the phone is doing a lot in the background as well so it takes a few days for things to settle.

If I were to guess, I don't think it will be a battery champ, but conversely I don't think it would be fair to say it has bad battery life either. This is all fully stock too so once we get custom kernels and ROMs I can imagine battery performance improving