• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Pixel 6 pro will wipe out iphone 13 pro

Pixel 6p pro vs iphone 13 pro

• Total voters
Search This thread

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
What I really want it to excel in is Video recording performance and battery life.

The battery size seems to be fairly ok when compared to prior phones, although IMO, they should have pushed the entire back out further to be even with the camera hump, which would be about enough to triple the battery size. 15,000 mAh would be nice.

Battery life has been such a complaint/sore spot for... ever. You'd think that phone makers would be able to figure out that its actually EASY to put in a huge battery.

jayr04

Oct 31, 2007
Los Angeles
The battery size seems to be fairly ok when compared to prior phones, although IMO, they should have pushed the entire back out further to be even with the camera hump, which would be about enough to triple the battery size. 15,000 mAh would be nice.

Battery life has been such a complaint/sore spot for... ever. You'd think that phone makers would be able to figure out that its actually EASY to put in a huge battery.
It’s easy but if they maximize the battery capacity then there would be no room for improvement. Small increments make people wanna buy the next generation.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
It’s easy but if they maximize the battery capacity then there would be no room for improvement. Small increments make people wanna buy the next generation.

Yes, but painfully obvious fraud. At least with (substantially) older phones you could buy huge batteries and custom battery doors or backs to fit around them. Or in the worst case, carry extra batteries.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Apple people don't think about function, all they want is a piece of jewelry with the proper logo on it.
Well, there is also the elephant in the room - resale value.

IPhones barely lose value, whilst Pixels are basically worth nothing after 2 years. Just look at Google. They offer Pixel 3 owners 60 bucks for trade-in. That's a joke.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Well, there is also the elephant in the room - resale value.

IPhones barely lose value, whilst Pixels are basically worth nothing after 2 years. Just look at Google. They offer Pixel 3 owners 60 bucks for trade-in. That's a joke.

So sell it on the private market where it will be worth a lot more. Google is buying trade-ins for two reasons;
1) Reduce the supply in order to boost the value of new products (every person who can't buy a suitable used phone will have to buy a new one instead),
2) Pretend to be environmentally sensitive by "recycling".

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
So sell it on the private market where it will be worth a lot more. Google is buying trade-ins for two reasons;
1) Reduce the supply in order to boost the value of new products (every person who can't buy a suitable used phone will have to buy a new one instead),
2) Pretend to be environmentally sensitive by "recycling".
The resale value of Pixels on the private market is still a joke compared to the resale value of a similar old IPhones (compared % to original MSRP, ofc an IPhone that cost 1100 bucks is more worth than a Pixel that cost 750). It's one of the biggest reasons why many people I know still buy IPhones. They can sell their old ones and get new ones for a minimum premium.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
The resale value of Pixels on the private market is still a joke compared to the resale value of a similar old IPhones (compared % to original MSRP, ofc an IPhone that cost 1100 bucks is more worth than a Pixel that cost 750). It's one of the biggest reasons why many people I know still buy IPhones. They can sell their old ones and get new ones for a minimum premium.

Sure. However I could care less about what stupid people will pay for trash.

Depends what are you talking about? Sales volumes? Not a chance. Honestly, Pixel 6 Pro is just another flagship, but cheaper. It may vompete with the likes of Samsung S21 lineup, if it was available globally, howeever in Europe it can be purchased only in 4 countries which is a joke. Good specs, great camera features, very nice added on value in M2 and Ai. iPhone is wiping the floor with any other device when it comes to video performance and ecoo system integration. Resale value in mosst android devices doesn't hold up as Apple devices do.

goddammit

Nov 22, 2009
Depends what are you talking about? Sales volumes? Not a chance. Honestly, Pixel 6 Pro is just another flagship, but cheaper. It may vompete with the likes of Samsung S21 lineup, if it was available globally, howeever in Europe it can be purchased only in 4 countries which is a joke. Good specs, great camera features, very nice added on value in M2 and Ai. iPhone is wiping the floor with any other device when it comes to video performance and ecoo system integration. Resale value in mosst android devices doesn't hold up as Apple devices do.

It's because Apple fanboys view the iPhone more like jewelry than a phone. Ultimately Apple is a marketing company. Personally I'm not in anyone's camp, Google has pulled more than fair share of Ñ•hit. I'm just picking what I consider a lesser evil. I despise Apples walled garden digital despotism more than Google's tracking and other shenanigans.

If Google actually wanted to "kill" iPhone they could. Android already absolutely dominates worldwide mobile market. Google's base apps are superior, Apple is not even in the same league. If I had to speculate, Google is allowing iPhone's existence, because iPhone is what's keeping Google from getting hit by a mother of all antitrust cases.

sitnaing

Feb 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Coming from passion fruit garden after long 8 years, I felt there are more options for realistic lifestyle on Android.
I am having hard time to sync Apple Watch to use on Android but finally thought who gave a toss about watch. I can live without it. Like someone mentioned, it is walled garden and I am not happy to find myself in that situation. It is kind of mental jail. Everything is streamlined until you break a chain of fruit.

P6 will offer more choices and options with my usage regardless of not perfect App support from developers but again I can live with it. (ie. I will miss Apollo app a lot)

only thing, I am worried about Pixel is that nightmare of rooting on ROM update bi-weekly. That gives a pretty adventure and sometimes nightmare with worry of faulting daily driver phone. Again, this is self-inflicted issue and remind myself that I should stay away from it with P6.

Cicada1o1

Oct 27, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The answers no if we are talking sales, power and video. BUT I think the Pixel 6 will be the best selling Pixel to date. Pro will struggle with the every day user. iPhone will always be around so instead being insecure and comparing every phone to it just use what you want to use. Early signs show the Tensor can't even match the A13 let alone the A15 chip. But who cares cause along as it works without lag that's all that matters.

I haven't ordered yet as I'm waiting for reviews on both devices. I do have the 13 Pro right now as its an amazing device. Battery and Camera are great. I'll most pro get the 6 due to the price unless the 6 Pro has much better reviews and worth while camera upgrade/battery endurance.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If we are just talking phone performance, features, etc then facts. The Apple crowd will never see the light though so if we are talking sales it ain't happening.
    Kinda pointless thread but OK.. never Ginn be a same hit compared to iPhones .. Pixel is a small niche in the grand scheme of things. I'm buying one, though. Had Pixel 1, 2, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL and the 5 at this point as well as iPhone X, 11 Pro .. Pixel 4XL / 5 still the best cameras in my eyes.
    Agreed. Two completely different phones and 2 completely different approaches to software IMO.
    I hope so.. I'll never buy a iphone or support the company. They make great hardware and a great soc but iOS is hideous in my opinion. Plus there is nothing so far to even temp me to switch to an iphone. I hate how android phones lock their bootloader's let alone how apple runs there eco system . I think everyone has the right to pick what they want and there should always be choices.
    If we are just talking phone performance, features, etc then facts. The Apple crowd will never see the light though so if we are talking sales it ain't happening.
    That because Google Weak in marketing their products and they do not make advertisements such as Apple and Samsung add to that Google phones are not available in a number of countries such as Apple and Samsung all over the world
    I hope so.. I'll never buy a iphone or support the company. They make great hardware and a great soc but iOS is hideous in my opinion. Plus there is nothing so far to even temp me to switch to an iphone. I hate how android phones lock their bootloader's let alone how apple runs there eco system . I think everyone has the right to pick what they want and there should always be choices.
    I used for both end of the day i always fo back to pixel